What is a pass mark for Essendon in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

lmao is this a troll

Nah I was being serious.

I mean Hird has had a tough time.

They went okay in under Hird in tough waters. Bomber came in and they went okay under suffering situations.

Hird cam back and they have been a little so so.

Roos, took over from Eade. Had a team from Cola, left and then Horse seemed to go okay before the Franklin deal. Was a little lucky in a Cola team where allowed to play terrible footy to win

Roos has gone to a non-Cola environment where he faces pressures without the same support from AFL HQ. Has not don a lot at Melbourne really considering the young talent.

Who would be the better coach?? Hird or Roos?

Nah I was being serious.

I mean Hird has had a tough time.

They went okay in under Hird in tough waters. Bomber came in and they went okay under suffering situations.

Hird cam back and they have been a little so so.

Roos, took over from Eade. Had a team from Cola, left and then Horse seemed to go okay before the Franklin deal. Was a little lucky in a Cola team where allowed to play terrible footy to win

Roos has gone to a non-Cola environment where he faces pressures without the same support from AFL HQ. Has not don a lot at Melbourne really considering the young talent.

Who would be the better coach?? Hird or Roos?
How many years would you extend him for? Or do you leave it for another year?

The pass mark is the same for every club:
Step 1: Spend the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season trying to finish as high as possible
Step 2: Evaluate your position/if going well: continue step 1
Step 3: If not going well, aim to finish as low as possible to then climb the draft ladder

Then the following season revert to step 1 again..

"The board...expected top four position around now."
- James Hird post-Knights sacking 2010

Age of last three Knights teams: 22.82, 22.96, 22.63
Age of Hird's "young", "rebuilding" team on the weekend: 25.05

How do you like it, "Hirdy"? Where are your results after five years? Are you enjoying the speculation about your job?

Ratfink.

The pass mark is the same for every club:
Step 1: Spend the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season trying to finish as high as possible
Step 2: Evaluate your position/if going well: continue step 1
Step 3: If not going well, aim to finish as low as possible to then climb the draft ladder

Then the following season revert to step 1 again..

snakes and ladders?

Remembering our list is a bit s**t, we haven't won a final in ten years and damn near everyone ****ed up with the supplement thing would be a fair start.

How do you like it, "Hirdy"? Where are your results after five years? Are you enjoying the speculation about your job?

Ratfink.
Terry Wallace board.

Is it my imagination or is highest proportion of posters on this thread Richmond supporters? As James would say "He-haw he-haw they always hated us!!" There always appears to be some edge in the games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratfink.

take Fletch out and that drops by a considerable amount.

makes no difference - he is still in the squad.

Fletcher b. 1975
Chappy b. 1981
Winderlich b. 1984
Cooney b. 1985

all gone next year (hopefully) - so age isn't one of our many problems.
Cooney has a contract - we have seen that ess are no good at cutting dead wood so he will be there next year.

25 pages discussing Essendon's pass mark for 2015...

The real question is, by how much have they fallen short?
Season is an F no doubt.
I might slide up to an f+ or E for playing some kids. But the selections are still erratic.

Myers and hocking over Howlett and obrien would have been ideal all season. May have helped Jobe, physically anyway, and relieves Heppell to play his better role.

Ruck has been a joke all year. Underdone Bellchambers. Mckernan over giles against some monster rucks. Giles over mckernan against softer opposition rucks - making the selections look even more foolish

Persistence with steinberg. I would take Carlisle, hooker and Hurley back with gwilt, bags and hibberd and playing McKenna as a kpf over steinberg in the team.

Pace was killed with Zaka, colyer and Fantasia injured and Edwards dropped for standards (scratches head, what standards)

Positives;
Merrets, bags and Hurley took big steps.
Stanton and Goddard have played consistently good across 4 quarters most matches.
Daniher is building both physically and his kicking confidence
Laverde looks ok at afl level already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back