What is a pass mark for Essendon in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is James Hird a better coach than Paul Roos considering the circumstances?

You'd have to say yes, Hird has the extra weight of having to be James Hird to carry. There's a raft of complications and downside inherit in this, not to mention the added pressure of styling that do every day.

Paul Roos only has to deal with coaching Melbourne.

Is it too early for us all to start plucking chickens and heating up vats of tar?

I doubt James will want to be Hird of again in Melbourne once the media have turned on him, and given him a dose of grief roughly proportionate to the level of contempt he's shown any AFL fan with the ability to see, hear or read.

Can't decide if Hird is just a really bad coach or tanking for picks.

Essendon's formline prior to the last month suggests the former, but I'm thinking he's decided it's worth giving the latter a nudge anyway.

Is it too early for us all to start plucking chickens and heating up vats of tar?

I doubt James will want to be Hird of again in Melbourne once the media have turned on him, and given him a dose of grief roughly proportionate to the level of contempt he's shown any AFL fan with the ability to see, hear or read.

Err..you mean they haven't already? Ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PASS: They fire Hird.

CREDIT:
They fire everyone else currently in a position of power who was also there in the 2011/12 off-season and 2012 season. Not sure who this may include (I don't care enough about Essendon to find out), but what that club did to those players is an unmitigated disgrace.

DISTINCTION:
They admit what really went on.

Can't decide if Hird is just a really bad coach or tanking for picks.

Essendon's formline prior to the last month suggests the former, but I'm thinking he's decided it's worth giving the latter a nudge anyway.
The evidence that either Hird is a terrible coach and/or Thompson is a brilliant coach is staring us in the face.

PASS: They fire Hird.

CREDIT:
They fire everyone else currently in a position of power who was also there in the 2011/12 off-season and 2012 season. Not sure who this may include (I don't care enough about Essendon to find out), but what that club did to those players is an unmitigated disgrace.

DISTINCTION:
They admit what really went on.

Hird won't get sacked. Essendon don't need another court case, they will play it safe and sack him end of 2016 season on performance

Pass marks nothing to with on field results...more like minimising present values of future legal obligations..

The evidence that either Hird is a terrible coach and/or Thompson is a brilliant coach is staring us in the face.
Is it really that simple though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back