Club History What items you think should be in a Port Adelaide museum + library?

Remove this Banner Ad

SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2014
Bob McLean Sportsbar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
A bit of an off-season thread but thought it would be a good thread nonetheless.

Pretty self explanatory title. If the pokies at Alberton were ever relocated off site it would make an ideal spot.

Some things I would like to see...

1. Mark Williams tie from the 2004 AFL Grand Final.
Unknown.jpeg

2. Harold Oliver's motorbike he used to ride from Berri to Adelaide for football (or a replica of the bike). Pictured below is a 'Favourite' re-jiged for Australia from 1914-1921. Riding that twice a week would shorten the career of a lesser player (along with any appendages).
favourite-002.jpg
3. Thirty Six of these little beauties.
1980_Thomas_Seymour_Hill_Trophy.jpg
4. All of these
Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.06.19 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.06.38 pm.png

diamond.jpg

Only sort of related, but I'd love to see an online library of Port Adelaide's historical media made available to members - old issues of Power To The People, Magpie News, Annual Reports, and Bob McLean's 1870-1970 history of the Magpies.

Only sort of related, but I'd love to see an online library of Port Adelaide's historical media made available to members - old issues of Power To The People, Magpie News, Annual Reports, and Bob McLean's 1870-1970 history of the Magpies.
A reading room! Media could pay to use the services or purchase a membership.
Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 11.49.45 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually would love the idea of a media room. Fill it with all sorts of physical paraphernalia, as well as a few touch screens and what not. Like a Port Adelaide library.

A bit of an off-season thread but thought it would be a good thread nonetheless.

Pretty self explanatory title. If the pokies at Alberton were ever relocated off site it would make an ideal spot.

Some things I would like to see...

1. Mark Williams tie from the 2004 AFL Grand Final.
View attachment 168666

2. Harold Oliver's motorbike he used to ride from Berri to Adelaide for football (or a replica of the bike). Pictured below is a 'Favourite' re-jiged for Australia from 1914-1921. Riding that twice a week would shorten the career of a lesser player (along with any appendages).
View attachment 168668
3. Thirty Six of these little beauties.
View attachment 168670
4. All of these
View attachment 168671
View attachment 168673
I love that 1948/49 Guernsey. It'll be good if we wear it in the AFL sometime
image.jpg

Last edited:
Fr Tony Noble and others have donated items for use in any museum.

Tony founded the port cheer squad in the 60s, now retired living in St Kilda (vic) and is still an attendee at many games in Adelaide and other states.

Those goggles of the running out with the port boys

That "4 rules of fos Williams coaching" or what ever it is

Why did we start wearing the Collingwood style guernsey in the early 40s & again in the early 50s? I hate that bloody thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back