Roast What the **** Metal stakes found on ANZ Stadium surface.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What the ****

Apparently, stakes were found on the ANZ Stadium surface by a couple of Swans players in the 1st quarter. I am not sure if this story is legit or not, nor had no idea the site was banned by Bigfooty. Like I said, I saw this article on twitter. I've never been a big fan of ANZ Stadium and if this incident was true then, sooner we play all games at the SCG, the better.

Edit: Thank you Potatomasher. :thumbsu:

Won't be happening for a couple of years at least. ANZ stadium isn't that bad. I prefer the SCG but I don't mind playing at ANZ. It gets hated on way too much.

Won't be happening for a couple of years at least. ANZ stadium isn't that bad. I prefer the SCG but I don't mind playing at ANZ. It gets hated on way too much.

What was found on the ground last night though is impossible to justify and the stadium operates deserve criticism for oversights that put people at risk of harm.

Apparently, stakes were found on the ANZ Stadium surface by a couple of Swans players in the 1st quarter. I am not sure if this story is legit or not, nor had no idea the site was banned by Bigfooty. Like I said, I saw this article on twitter. I've never been a big fan of ANZ Stadium and if this incident was true then, sooner we play all games at the SCG, the better.

Edit: Thank you Potatomasher. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I was sitting at the boundary near the interchange bench and saw the swans staff holding a piece of metal that you'd use to pitch a tent so it's definitely true

What was found on the ground last night though is impossible to justify and the stadium operates deserve criticism for oversights that put people at risk of harm.
Oh of course, its unacceptable for these kinds of hazards to pop up when there's a very clear risk of injury to the players using the surface.

Mistakes are made and oversights do happen, but I hadn't read that it was the second time. Very lucky nobody was injured given they knew it had happened before.

Its a disgrace, the joint is a shithole. It looks bad on telly, like a patchwork quilt. How in this day and age can they not get the surface right, or is it the wear and tear from the bum sniffers.
Also K you would be the only one to like the place, or is it because its close to home. We have had two spitial homes, the Lake Oval and the SCG.

Its a disgrace, the joint is a shithole. It looks bad on telly, like a patchwork quilt. How in this day and age can they not get the surface right, or is it the wear and tear from the bum sniffers.

Its because of League and Union games having the Lower Level Stands being moved in on the wings on rails which require the turf to be replace in those areas. As for the rest of the ground, because of League and Union the Grass is longer than it would be if it was an AFL only ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh of course, its unacceptable for these kinds of hazards to pop up when there's a very clear risk of injury to the players using the surface.

Mistakes are made and oversights do happen, but I hadn't read that it was the second time. Very lucky nobody was injured given they knew it had happened before.

mistakes of this magnitude surely are cause for contract revocation or we sue to terminate the contract for breach.

Your the law student but I think by failing, a second time?, to provide a safe playing surface would be a breach at their end and grounds for us to have it terminated.

Why do you guys even play there? Is it contractual?

The ground seems (is) worse than the SCG on every single level.

Its because of League and Union games having the Lower Level Stands being moved in on the wings on rails which require the turf to be replace in those areas. As for the rest of the ground, because of League and Union the Grass is longer than it would be if it was an AFL only ground.
I did know that Robbie. The worst thing about it is the AFL Chairman actually owns the rights to the shithole and one thing i forgot to mention was the bad beer out there.

I did know that Robbie. The worst thing about it is the AFL Chairman actually owns the rights to the shithole and one thing i forgot to mention was the bad beer out there.

Scotch Whisky >>>> Beer! Am I right, Cas?

Also K you would be the only one to like the place, or is it because its close to home. We have had two spitial homes, the Lake Oval and the SCG.
To be fair ANZ stadium 8 sports games in 11 days leading up the swans match (or was the swans game the 8th?) including a state of origin match. Gotta be hard to keep the surface tip top.

No excuse for the stakes however.

He sits on the Board which owns the Stadium and removes himself from discussion regarding ANZ Stadium if and when it does come up. So he can't do anything to improve it or force us to play there.

Plus the Contract was signed before his company took over control to the Stadium;)

mistakes of this magnitude surely are cause for contract revocation or we sue to terminate the contract for breach.

Your the law student but I think by failing, a second time?, to provide a safe playing surface would be a breach at their end and grounds for us to have it terminated.
Putting the negligence cap on there's an obvious duty, obvious breach of that duty but there's no damage, so that rules out any formal action there. Unsure of whether it'd be a breach of contract because I have no idea what the contract is like.

The most we can do is strongly state the case to the AFL and the AFLPA and the stadium's management committee, cross our fingers and hope that no more brain fades happen.

@ Plugger - I'm not defending the surface. Its inexcusable to have metal stakes where players will be falling and running. I'm just saying the stadium gets a bad wrap in general.

He sits on the Board which owns the Stadium and removes himself from discussion regarding ANZ Stadium if and when it does come up. So he can't do anything to improve it or force us to play there.

Plus the Contract was signed before his company took over control to the Stadium;)
Is it right that the Noble stand will be rebuilt and if it is would that take the attendance over 50 grand, if so give ANZ the arse when the contract runs out.

when does our contract run out? can we get out of it earlier if metal stakes get found again? Or any other ideas?? Not saying there was anything like that happening this time though lol...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back