What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

The idiotic nuclear energy policy isn't going as well for Dutt's as he'd hoped.

And just like that an old favourite is back to the top of the former copper's speaking agenda - GANG VIOLENCE!!!!

'Dutton said the federal government was not traditionally involved in dealing with street crime but needed to step up and show leadership to assist state authorities and protect nervous families.'

“Youth crime is out of control in many parts of our country and more needs to be done to combat it,” Dutton said in a written statement ahead of Thursday’s announcement.

The opposition will next week propose a private members bill, modelled off a draft bill floated by opposition backbencher Garth Hamilton, in an aim to put pressure on Labor to debate youth crime in Canberra.

Sounds like the polling is going swell - I guess that is the end of the nuclear debate.

The idiotic nuclear energy policy isn't going as well for Dutt's as he'd hoped.

And just like that an old favourite is back to the top of the former copper's speaking agenda - GANG VIOLENCE!!!!

'Dutton said the federal government was not traditionally involved in dealing with street crime but needed to step up and show leadership to assist state authorities and protect nervous families.'

“Youth crime is out of control in many parts of our country and more needs to be done to combat it,” Dutton said in a written statement ahead of Thursday’s announcement.

'The opposition will next week propose a private members bill, modelled off a draft bill floated by Toowoomba based opposition backbencher Garth Hamilton, in an aim to put pressure on Labor to debate youth crime.'

Hamilton has previously written for the Spectator magazine about issues related to domestic and youth violence in Aboriginal communities.

Dutton always wants new powers yet over and over in his portfolios the departments failed to use existing powers effectively.

He’s all talk

Isn't he lying like the rest of them. He appears to claim the Saudis are powered by green energy. Very little of there grid is made up of renewable energy. What is this Saudi Ramco he speaks of?
my take on him is that with all his faults he's been a consistent advocate for renewables. to the point where his company has taken action.

I think that myth was well and truly busted over the last decade. National debt soared under the Coalition and that was even before covid.
Myth was busted when Howard and Costello pissed away the mining the boom.

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia is a murderous * but at least he invests in cool s**t with their resources boom.

my take on him is that with all his faults he's been a consistent advocate for renewables. to the point where his company has taken action.
It's quite clear he is a advocate for renewables. The issue is he appears to be sprouting lies. If your going to tell lies to help your argument or push unproven technology as the answer you may as well be on the other side as it doesn't help push your agenda.

It's quite clear he is a advocate for renewables. The issue is he appears to be sprouting lies. If your going to tell lies to help your argument or push unproven technology as the answer you may as well be on the other side as it doesn't help push your agenda.
Yeh I'm not sure quite what he was saying, Perhaps Australia could become an energy exporter the size of Saudi Aramco? a charitable take at best.

Twiggy is a capitalist and is driven by profit. He thinks he can power all his operations off hydrogen(won't happen), then export extra.........and get subsidised by govt for being green(ignore the * off holes and screwed over indigenous people). Hydrogen has so many issues so I think he's looking mainly at those govt $$$$

At least he's right about CCS and nuclear, so somewhat good to have a voice from the private sector telling the truth there. This is his whole career, make bank off extraction while laundering his reputation

somehow think ‘thug’ would endorse all ‘advance’ stands for. or is that stands against it?

And no one is more aware of this than Opposition leader Peter Dutton, or so he would have you believe. Unfortunately, as Dunkley went to the polls, he wasn’t on hand as much as he might have been to share his message.

He’d taken a secret trip from Melbourne to Perth with one hour on the ground — to visit Gina Rinehart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Dutton seriously going to take nuclear power to the election? When it's the most expensive new form of electricity generation? In whose backyard will these fantasy reactors go?

The cost, safety and NIMBY concerns will make great ammunition for Labor and the Greens to mount a scare campaign - not just a scare campaign because those concerns are justified. This policy alone could cost Dutton the election.

Is Dutton seriously going to take nuclear power to the election? When it's the most expensive new form of electricity generation? In whose backyard will these fantasy reactors go?

The cost, safety and NIMBY concerns will make great ammunition for Labor and the Greens to mount a scare campaign - not just a scare campaign because those concerns are justified. This policy alone could cost Dutton the election.
I think they're testing it out now because they need to see how it polls

Plus this is a global push from the right and the fossil fuel companies he's gotta do what his donors pay him for

I wonder if they will take the swings to them in Brisbane as a sign to keep going further right even though they were more about the incompetence of the QLD ALP government and the insane crime rates around Ipswich are a local issue.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if they will take the swings to them in Brisbane as a sign to keep going further right even though they were more about the incompetence of the QLD ALP government and the insane crime rates around Ipswich are a local issue.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they do, they won't get anywhere.

So I'm all for it.

Reminds me of a trend I've noticed for a couple of years of GPs and allied health practitioners decking out themselves and their staff in OT scrubs (blue for the GPs and practice owners, other colours for the reception staff) despite most never having been anywhere near an OT since graduation. I went to school with my GP and he admits it's a marketing gimmick and as well as being comfortable, saves on ironing costs.

How long before Dutton picks up on this trend and demands he get to wear one during hospital publicity visits? Heck, he'll probably ask for a stethoscope to put in his top pocket.

Reminds me of a trend I've noticed for a couple of years of GPs and allied health practitioners decking out themselves and their staff in OT scrubs (blue for the GPs and practice owners, other colours for the reception staff) despite most never having been anywhere near an OT since graduation. I went to school with my GP and he admits it's a marketing gimmick and as well as being comfortable, saves on ironing costs.

How long before Dutton picks up on this trend and demands he get to wear one during hospital publicity visits? Heck, he'll probably ask for a stethoscope to put in his top pocket.
Well, for us in my ED it came in during COVID so we didn't have to wear own clothes and bring potential virus home to family.
(though a fair few nurses had their own, as did a few doctors - which defeated the purpose)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back