Prediction Where do we finish in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

If course they aren't. TG is just trolling.

Our key backs are Marsh Reid Brown Frost in no particular order along with possibly Moore who has already spent time there and the suspended Keeffe
I couldn't think of a better way to post my 1000 than to agree with you

Why are they like for like in position or experience?
Brown and Frost are one and two key position back man now. No pushing for spots. Frost was found out in 2015 and he has no pressure on him to be suceeded in 2016. Also should Brown go down with injury at any stage of 2016 we are completely stuffed.

Brown and Frost are one and two key position back man now. No pushing for spots. Frost was found out in 2015 and he has no pressure on him to be suceeded in 2016. Also should Brown go down with injury at any stage of 2016 we are completely stuffed.

Reid and Marsh will also play back. We have plenty of options.

Why would we improve in one season? We probably won't get any better in 2016 than in 2017 while we will be losing Swan and Cloke and Pendlebury become another year older. May also lose Sidebottom. Also I dont see us drafting heavily at the end of 2016 plus we have lost picks.

Are you really asking why would we improve? Or do you mean how will we improve?

Why? Because 12th isn't good enough and Buckley and the coaching staff will have a case to answer if there aren't definitive, measurable improvements on game day. The club should never accept missing finals and should be doing everything possible to address the areas identified postseason to tip us over the each of pushing the best to be being the best.

How? Natural progression mostly. The trading period brought in some top end quality in Treloar and Aish. Howe will fill a need with his accurate disposal and marking prowess. I don't see the draft offering us much this year or next, but the current crop of youngsters have the potential to be the foundation for the next 5 - 10 years.

We may end up like North melbourne and almost make it without ever getting there, but I honestly believe we're on the right track to another 8 years finals tilt, hopefully starting next season, if not definitely 2017.

Are you really asking why would we improve? Or do you mean how will we improve?

Why? Because 12th isn't good enough and Buckley and the coaching staff will have a case to answer if there aren't definitive, measurable improvements on game day. The club should never accept missing finals and should be doing everything possible to address the areas identified postseason to tip us over the each of pushing the best to be being the best.

How? Natural progression mostly. The trading period brought in some top end quality in Treloar and Aish. Howe will fill a need with his accurate disposal and marking prowess. I don't see the draft offering us much this year or next, but the current crop of youngsters have the potential to be the foundation for the next 5 - 10 years.

We may end up like North melbourne and almost make it without ever getting there, but I honestly believe we're on the right track to another 8 years finals tilt, hopefully starting next season, if not definitely 2017.
I expect the list to be stronger in 2016 than 2017 given Swan will most likely retire.

I expect the list to be stronger in 2016 than 2017 given Swan will most likely retire.
You keep saying this. Swan was in the AA squad this year, he's still a genuine superstar of the competition, seems to be enjoying his football, and almost everyone (though not you, of course!) can see that we are set for a very good run over the next few years. So why would he retire at the end of next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep saying this. Swan was in the AA squad this year, he's still a genuine superstar of the competition, seems to be enjoying his football, and almost everyone (though not you, of course!) can see that we are set for a very good run over the next few years. So why would he retire at the end of next year?
Swans final year will be 2016. Given his age I think he will go.

Swans final year will be 2016. Given his age I think he will go.
He's 31. 32 before next season starts. After having a very good year this year I just don't see why he would deteriorate so quickly that he would retire in 12 months time. Even if he is forced out of the midfield eventually he could still be a very handy forward.

Our list is clearly building and from 2017 onwards should be ready to really hit it's straps, I would think he would want to stick around for as long as possible and the club would be happy to let him keep playing, it's not like we have too many oldies on our books is it?!

He's 31. 32 before next season starts. After having a very good year this year I just don't see why he would deteriorate so quickly that he would retire in 12 months time. Even if he is forced out of the midfield eventually he could still be a very handy forward.

Our list is clearly building and from 2017 onwards should be ready to really hit it's straps, I would think he would want to stick around for as long as possible and the club would be happy to let him keep playing, it's not like we have too many oldies on our books is it?!
I think asking him to get through the year without injuries will be the hardest part if he can do that he could go on at 33 in 2017 but I don't think it will happen.

Both haven't played a full season?

We also have Goldsack and Toovey who are experienced and can play on talls and smalls. Even with losing Scharenberg we still have a strong defensive group.

I fear for Buckley's position at the club if we don't make finals.

We have the list now, so many young quality players. I've been one of his defenders for the year but i'll run out of excuses come September next year if we don't make the cut.

We should finish 6-7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back