• 13-14

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • 15-16

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 17-18

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you're only joking with this but the only way this could be considered acceptable is if kennedy is injured and even then I'd rather Mcinnes was played. I'd be concerned about where we might be headed under Simpson if the three ruck strategy rears its ugly head

I was joking but I'd actually go with the Gov at Ff if Kennedy was injured.

I think we will finish 6th
Selwood , rosa , yeo and Wellingham all missed big chunks of last season all at the same time .
That's 3 100+ game players in their prime and a young jet who has qualities we are screaming for .

Natanui and lycett will hopefully become a formidable combo and force teams to play 2 rucks

Improvement from bottom end of the 18-26 players like bennell , cripps , Sheppard , sheed , brown , schofield , Newman , Karpany , collage , tunbridge to try cement a spot or put pressure on through standout wafl performances !

Ellis to build up enough fitness not to keep getting subbed and impact full games . He came to the club in poor shape last year but has the class we lack .

Lecras to play more midfield . Newman and Karps to fill the void in the forward line and add to midfield rotations .

Our biggest issue is the amount of clubs in the log jam for places in the 8 you could make w case for us Adelaide and gcs unlucky to miss finals ess,rich,norf, us and adel will be expecting to make finals only three spots for 5 teams and gcs

Our biggest issue is the amount of clubs in the log jam for places in the 8
Surely you can say that every year.

you could make w case for us Adelaide and gcs unlucky to miss finals
Maybe we shouldn't have shat ourselves and blown three or four games from winning positions.

Unlucky? Or not good enough?

Our biggest issue is the amount of clubs in the log jam for places in the 8 you could make w case for us Adelaide and gcs unlucky to miss finals ess,rich,norf, us and adel will be expecting to make finals only three spots for 5 teams and gcs

Freo, Geelong, Hawks and the Swans have been up for a long time and one will fall and fall hard and fast. Looking at who they have recruited / developed my money would be on Freo.

Hawks, Swans and Cats have drafted and recruited well with Free Agency, trades, the draft and the handouts the AFL provides the Swans. Freo are a distant forth in this department which is a reflection on how difficult it is to attract trades and free agents West.

Cats have picked up McIntosh, Clarke, Caddy and Rivers.

Hawks picked up Anderson, Gibson, Lake, O'Rourke, Gunstan and Frawley.

Swans have picked up Franklin and Tippett for free, Shaw, Laidler and Heeney plus four others via the NSW academy.

Freo landed Dawson, Sylvia :confused: and D Pearce and Griffen.

The difference in quality between Freo and the other three is bordering on insurmountable.

Freo's drafting has also been very 'vanilla' bar the last draft IMO and Lyon has not blooded / developed many youngsters in his time and their best three talls are playing their last season.

Freo, Geelong, Hawks and the Swans have been up for a long time and one will fall and fall hard and fast. Looking at who they have recruited / developed my money would be on Freo.

Hawks, Swans and Cats have drafted and recruited well with Free Agency, trades, the draft and the handouts the AFL provides the Swans. Freo are a distant forth in this department which is a reflection on how difficult it is to attract trades and free agents West.

Cats have picked up McIntosh, Clarke, Caddy and Rivers.

Hawks picked up Anderson, Gibson, Lake, O'Rourke, Gunstan and Frawley.

Swans have picked up Franklin and Tippett for free, Shaw, Laidler and Heeney plus four others via the NSW academy.

Freo landed Dawson, Sylvia :confused: and D Pearce and Griffen.

The difference in quality between Freo and the other three is bordering on insurmountable.

Freo's drafting has also been very 'vanilla' bar the last draft IMO and Lyon has not blooded / developed many youngsters in his time and their best three talls are playing their last season.
Hawks also picked up Burgoyne who is elite and plays back forward and mid to a very high standard .
I feel WA based clubs are going to loose out on FA when we don't attract high caliber players and non WA players attracting big offers we will have to match !
Look at lycett ,I know he wasn't a FA but with port perusing him so hard he would have had at least 100000k added a year on his contract to keep him .
Freo are in a tough position being a top 4 team you would want to play your strongest team which is their older players so the young draftees on their list don't get to play unless injuries arise .
They will slide with the retirements of pav McPharlin sandy Crowley and Johnson coming soon

Geelong seem to blood youngsters the best . They rotate a couple of spots in their 22 between the young guys giving them 3-5 games in a row , give them a taste of afl then they work on their games in the Vfl
I do see them sliding soon but not too far .

Sydney have very good depth in most positions with Mitchell heeney jones and Hewett all class players pushing for selection this year . They will be chasing a replacement for ted Richards .
I don't see them sliding anytime soon .

Hawks I have a feeling will land dangerfield and traded in O'Rourke to bolster their mids but will need to bolster their KPD with Gibson and lake near the end . Frawley will help but I don't think Spanger or shoenmakers will cut it as a 2nd KPD
They will be up for a few years yet

Hawks also picked up Burgoyne who is elite and plays back forward and mid to a very high standard .
I feel WA based clubs are going to loose out on FA when we don't attract high caliber players and non WA players attracting big offers we will have to match !
Look at lycett ,I know he wasn't a FA but with port perusing him so hard he would have had at least 100000k added a year on his contract to keep him .

It's easier to attract fa if you are primed for a premiership run

We have a Shedload of wa players who will come into fa contention hopefully when we are on the up again.

Having said that - as we stand if I were a young up and coming inside mid playing for ffs or gws - fwarked if I'd throw away a chance at a flag to languish playing 10 minutes a game in my preferred possy and the rest on a hff as someone only plays one possy on the ground. I'd look at Ebert and think again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easier to attract fa if you are primed for a premiership run

We have a Shedload of wa players who will come into fa contention hopefully when we are on the up again.

Having said that - as we stand if I were a young up and coming inside mid playing for ffs or gws - fwarked if I'd throw away a chance at a flag to languish playing 10 minutes a game in my preferred possy and the rest on a hff as someone only plays one possy on the ground. I'd look at Ebert and think again.

To be honest, I don't want the blokes who think like that anyway. I want the blokes who say "I'll prove myself to be more worthwhile than anyone else in my preferred position."

To be honest, I don't want the blokes who think like that anyway. I want the blokes who say "I'll prove myself to be more worthwhile than anyone else in my preferred position."

Woosha was stubborn. No amount of proving could be had when Woosha had seemingly made up his mind that Ebert wasn't to be used predominantly as a midfielder. Ebert's efforts would've been in vain; he was pigeonholed.

Woosha was stubborn. No amount of proving could be had when Woosha had seemingly made up his mind that Ebert wasn't to be used predominantly as a midfielder. Ebert's efforts would've been in vain; he was pigeonholed.

I'm not convinced on the Ebert angst. Think he always had one foot out the door with his Port family connections.

Our main issue with him was the old screwgy we received at the trade table when Port ****delaide had all the aces.

I'm not convinced on the Ebert angst. Think he always had one foot out the door with his Port family connections.

Our main issue with him was the old screwgy we received at the trade table when Port ****delaide had all the aces.

Your point is backed by Ebert supposedly watching the weekly Port game in his free time. What backs up the Woosh being stubborn view is that Ebert did re-sign with WC before his eventual move. So, it wasn't as if Ebert was in a rush to make his way home.

Your point is backed by Ebert supposedly watching the weekly Port game in his free time. What backs up the Woosh being stubborn view is that Ebert did re-sign with WC before his eventual move. So, it wasn't as if Ebert was in a rush to make his way home.

Yeah - was basically guaranteed more game time by Port. Ebert wasn't best 22 back then either and he still makes quite a few errors at Port but they're just well hidden by the team's success in recent years.

My biggest concern is that we got shafted in the trade process. We got Fraser McInnes - no world beater as yet (also hard to break into our spine) would probably thrive when given an extended opportunity.

Ebert wasn't best 22 back then either and he still makes quite a few errors at Port but they're just well hidden by the team's success in recent years.
Ebert had a chance to win the finals port lost the last 2 years .
2013 - kicked it straight over Shultz head in the dying minutes under no pressure . Shultz was open on the lead 40m out .
2014 - the play on kick into the man on the mark balls up that cost them a score !

As much as it sucks we got screwed over by port I find comfort in ebert choking and costing them 2 finals .

2013 - kicked it straight over Shultz head in the dying minutes under no pressure . Shultz was open on the lead 40m out .
2014 - the play on kick into the man on the mark balls up that cost them a score !

As much as it sucks we got screwed over by port I find comfort in ebert choking and costing them 2 finals .

Still a better kick than Priddis...

So when Ebert turns it over its a choke and THAT turnover cost them a final.

Tell me something then - what are priddis' multiple under no pressure turnovers per game then?

its like a blind spot

Colin Sylvia say hi !

Yeah but we had no problem attracting him. Sure he's the white Murray Newman and can't get a kick in the WAFL but at least he wanted to come to us!

If the status quo returns somewhat at Subi you should slip into the 8 and even push for a home final, playing group will have a better understanding of what Simpson hopes to achieve and you have the cattle to push the top teams. Probably need a couple B grade mids to make the transition to A grade though, a few possibles to choose from. Just to post on-topic and that.

I really like Nic Nat and Lycett as a ruck combo, think it's important that one of them can make an impact up forward which is something we've failed to extract from Clarke and Hannath.

Back