Analysis Which opposition player would you have loved to play for us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola would have been unbelievable for us in 2010/2011

Wanted to come to Collingwood and the Blues refused to trade him to us.
Sorry, yuk!
But better than Dawes that's for sure

GAJ is a champ on and off the field and would be my first pick also loved the passion Matty Richardson played with always seemed to give his all in a s**t team.

GAJ is a champ on and off the field and would be my first pick also loved the passion Matty Richardson played with always seemed to give his all in a s**t team.
And kicking for goal? He'd fit right in

Only been a follower for about 10 years, but my goodness I would love Hodge.
His leadership is amazing. I will never ever forget the smoother in 2014 prelimeneary agaisnt port in the last minute.
I've always said this...if he played every game and didn't get injured or suspended he would have won a Brownlow. All time favourite player.

Only been a follower for about 10 years, but my goodness I would love Hodge.
His leadership is amazing. I will never ever forget the smoother in 2014 prelimeneary agaisnt port in the last minute.
I've always said this...if he played every game and didn't get injured or suspended he would have won a Brownlow. All time favourite player.

Hodgey is a man's man. His teammates stand taller in his presence and opposition players have enormous respect for him.

Top call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathan Brown

No way.

We had a coulple of goes at getting him, 2005 and 2008. Not withstanding the enormous salary he would have commanded, our first two picks in both drafts would have certainly been included. They were Thomas and Pendles in 2005, Sidey and Beams in 2008.

We dodged a massive bullet there, especially considering his inability to string whole seasons together. It would have been a disaster imo.

No way.

We had a coulple of goes at getting him, 2005 and 2008. Not withstanding the enormous salary he would have commanded, our first two picks in both drafts would have certainly been included. They were Thomas and Pendles in 2005, Sidey and Beams in 2008.

We dodged a massive bullet there, especially considering his inability to string whole seasons together. It would have been a disaster imo.
I apologise, I always get this stuff wrong
Could you correct my opinion for me please

Last edited:
I apologise, I always get this stuff wrong
Could you correct my opinion for me please
Don't be too hard on yourself BJ.
It's your opinion and therefore can never be wrong.
No need for the apology.

Don't be so precious.

Yep, Brown would have been fantastic, yet the reality was that we most likely miss out on players such as Pendles, the best of Thomas, Steele, Beams for half a career, De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood.
I guess my point was (too subtle for you?) that your augment could be applied to any number of players named in this thread.
However (and this is what you so clearly missed) this thread was about "Name one opposition player who you would currently, or historically, want in black and white"
To clarify, it was who I wanted, not reasons why I shouldn't want a certain player
Do I need to simplify it any further, I think I can find a box of crayons somewhere

I guess my point was (too subtle for you?) that your augment could be applied to any number of players named in this thread.
However (and this is what you so clearly missed) this thread was about "Name one opposition player who you would currently, or historically, want in black and white"
To clarify, it was who I wanted, not reasons why I shouldn't want a certain player
Do I need to simplify it any further, I think I can find a box of crayons somewhere

Thanks champ, printed the OP out and had a crayon at the ready to underline where the OP said ignoring salary and potential trades.

Course my argument could be applied to any player in this thread, however you seem to have chosen one that we had two well documented plays at, and since my crayon is back in its box untouched I thought I'd bring up the REATILTY of Brown.

Btw, people have lamented the missed premierships that we could have with other misses like Pav, Ottens and Stevie J. You should rip into them because they don't share your interpretation of the OP.

Why do so many threads turn into posters having a crack at others?
This is an opinion based forum and in particular so is this thread.
Just because you don't agree doesn't make the other persons opinion wrong.
By all means post a counter argument then let them change their mind if they wish.
You cannot tell someone else their opinion is wrong, you can only agree or disagree with it.

In my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back