Bumped Who do you NOT want your club to draft? (2014 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collins reads the play so much better than Watson. He makes up for pace by actually having a clue what's going on in general play. Watson always looked like a lost soul down back. Solid as a rock much like lake. Would love him at north at 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Francis as KPP or 3rd tall at all he will be a midfielder 100% IMO. And I assumed Dees wanted Parish at 3? I'd be happy enough to take both Parish and Francis.
Francis is certainly capable of becoming a mid, has all the tools, but given the importance being placed on intercept marking in the back half at present, I think he will settle there for most clubs.
I think Melbourne may place bids for both Mills and Hopper, before taking Weideman to provide support for Hogan.
The guys I talk to about under 18 footy suggest that there is a fair gap between Mills and Hopper, and the next best mid in the draft, Parish. That is just their opinion though, nothing to suggest MFC agree with them. I wouldn't know one way or another.
Out of Francis, Weideman and Curnow, I would have thought Francis would be 3rd on Essendon's wishlist.
Weideman would be great support for Daniher. Curnow can provide both dangerous forward play as well as explosive stints in the middle, while Francis' main strength (intercept marking) is one of the few things this Essendon side do pretty well.
Lets be honest, any 2 of the guys we have discussed would be an excellent haul for EFC. This draft should be a good platform for them for the future

Collins reads the play so much better than Watson. He makes up for pace by actually having a clue what's going on in general play. Watson always looked like a lost soul down back. Solid as a rock much like lake. Would love him at north at 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries, I saw Matthew Watson play under 18 footy and thought the same.
I guess it if you have a clue and good luck to Kieran.

Ah chee. A midfielder with a forwards tank and next to no goal nous. I would rookie him personally as.I think if he.builds up his tank he could be a good midfielder but that's a big if

Yeah right. A true 'Star'!
Pikkers, by the end of next season, injury permitting, people from other clubs will have a different opinion of this kid. He sort of reminds me of a slightly faster Sam Mitchell, or a slow Pendlebury if you will. Not saying he is at/will reach those levels, just describing him. He is great in traffic, has super hands, and is clean by foot. And he is calm and an excellent decision maker.

The bare stats don't look great at this stage, 100% agree. But this kid has something. And if you went by stats, Cyril is average (and NO, I am in NO WAY comparing him to Cyril)

It is a very, very rare player that blows the comp away from day 1. Lets look at this in 2-3 years time. If I was a betting man........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pikkers, by the end of next season, injury permitting, people from other clubs will have a different opinion of this kid. He sort of reminds me of a slightly faster Sam Mitchell, or a slow Pendlebury if you will. Not saying he is at/will reach those levels, just describing him. He is great in traffic, has super hands, and is clean by foot. And he is calm and an excellent decision maker.

The bare stats don't look great at this stage, 100% agree. But this kid has something. And if you went by stats, Cyril is average (and NO, I am in NO WAY comparing him to Cyril)

It is a very, very rare player that blows the comp away from day 1. Lets look at this in 2-3 years time. If I was a betting man........
A slightly faster Sam Mitchell?????

Pls stop

Not so many guys this year I don't want to draft, just guys I hope we don't draft that early.

Such as McGovern with a second round pick, but would settle with our 3rd or 4th.. Smith similarly.

Not so keen on Goddard with our 1st, or durdin, but that has a lot to do with what wce needs more than anything. Not really fussed with lamb, just don't think his disposal is good enough.
Oops.....

So he will be a good player, just like DeGoey. That's fine, but he was called a 'star'. If he is a star, what does that make players like Heeney, Brayshaw, and even Moore. Not many 1st year big men kick 5 goals in a losing team. He could be as good as Cameron. Maybe he is a superstar.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back