NFL Who Will Win the Super Bowl this Season?

Remove this Banner Ad

don't bring Brady into this
He's inextricably attached to the manning discussion. When you talk about about one of the best qb's ever you're gonna have to draw parrallels with his peer(s) who also are one of the greatest ever. Like when you argue one of Elway Marino or Montana you're gonna have to include the others into it.

He's inextricably attached to the manning discussion. When you talk about about one of the best qb's ever you're gonna have to draw parrallels with his peer(s) who also are one of the greatest ever. Like when you argue one of Elway Marino or Montana you're gonna have to include the others into it.
We're not really arguing if he's the greatest, well, if anything Royals is arguing that he's the greatest

It's not really a debate though is it... One has regular season stats, the other has the rings.

Tony Dungy was decent, not on Belicheick's level

but don't get me started on old mate Foxy
It's hard to argue that any coach is on BB's level. TB12 and BB are an interesting mix where I honestly believe the drive and ambition of each has made the other better at their job. It's the sporting equivalent of a perfect marriage.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after Brady retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what's worse to labor thru....Brady vs manning debates or power vs crows debates.
Which Manning you talking about. In my time Montana is the best but presently Brady has done well with sometimes average offensive players.

Which Manning you talking about. In my time Montana is the best but presently Brady has done well with sometimes average offensive players.
I'm sorry to be so belligerent on this topic but when it comes to greatest ever qb and rb, the answer is Marino and sanders and that's the end. But I appreciate people have their legitimate reasons for others.

It's not the rings that makes Brady better than Manning. It's the clutch factor and working with a revolving door of average receivers.
2006 was the only season Brady had a deplorable #1. Reche Caldwell strangely enough, made some plays.

Brady's always had at least one dependable guy in his WR corp. It's typically been the slot receiver funnily enough. I guess it's the way Belichick likes to construct his team when one considers the Erhardt-Perkins system the team runs. Deion Branch, Troy Brown and David Patten were a large reason why the Patriots had success during Brady's early years. When you needed a play, one of them (generally Brown) picked up the required yards. What Brady had was a decent run game and RBs who could catch and run out of the backfield.

The thing with the Patriots is the big down the field threat isn't something that necessarily fits their game plan. Belichick likes high percentage throws that minimise the risk of turnovers but also put the receivers in a position to exploit the coverages. There was a big debate as to whether to not the Patriots stuffed the pick when they passed over Des Bryant in favour of Devin McCourty (I think they got it right). I'm not sure Bryant is bright enough to pick up the requirements of the Patriots system. It's why guys like college QB Minitron, guys with a high football IQ appear to flourish with Brady despite the lack of a big, household name. It's also a large reason why Gronk is unstoppable. He sees coverages and adjusts his routes to what Brady sees.

So yeah, I can see why people would say he's had an average group because the names aren't they but maybe, just maybe, they were guys who were right for the system. There's also the fact that Tom Brady is ******* awesome and improves everyone who plays with him.

2006 was the only season Brady had a deplorable #1. Reche Caldwell strangely enough, made some plays.

Brady's always had at least one dependable guy in his WR corp. It's typically been the slot receiver funnily enough. I guess it's the way Belichick likes to construct his team when one considers the Erhardt-Perkins system the team runs. Deion Branch, Troy Brown and David Patten were a large reason why the Patriots had success during Brady's early years. When you needed a play, one of them (generally Brown) picked up the required yards. What Brady had was a decent run game and RBs who could catch and run out of the backfield.

The thing with the Patriots is the big down the field threat isn't something that necessarily fits their game plan. Belichick likes high percentage throws that minimise the risk of turnovers but also put the receivers in a position to exploit the coverages. There was a big debate as to whether to not the Patriots stuffed the pick when they passed over Des Bryant in favour of Devin McCourty (I think they got it right). I'm not sure Bryant is bright enough to pick up the requirements of the Patriots system. It's why guys like college QB Minitron, guys with a high football IQ appear to flourish with Brady despite the lack of a big, household name. It's also a large reason why Gronk is unstoppable. He sees coverages and adjusts his routes to what Brady sees.

So yeah, I can see why people would say he's had an average group because the names aren't they but maybe, just maybe, they were guys who were right for the system. There's also the fact that Tom Brady is ******* awesome and improves everyone who plays with him.
Compared to the WRs Manning has had at Colts and Broncos......huge difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back