Why the white jumper on the MCG?

Should we wear the white jumper so often?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too fussed to be honest, however I agree that there was no clash of guernseys tonight. Seems they're just big on pushing the home and away thing. Would have liked to see us in our usual strip tonight.

We wore a clash strip but the goal umps wore a dark blue/black top to clash with Blues instead. Why when the AFL gets the umps to wear red, green, yellow etc would the goal umps wear a top to clash with one of the teams?

Minor I know but silly anyway.

It is BS that's what it is...
Brown and gold stripes looks nothing like dark blue all over with a white stupid c in the middle..
The Afl just want everyone to know that it wasn't a hawks game, but big deal who gives a rats if both are Melbourne based teams then both should wear their standard jumpers.

I don't have an issue with wearing the away jumper
My issue is with the umpires having preference over the clubs

Umps wearing baby-crap green, which might clash with gold

It is like last year vs gc

Gc had to wear thier white jumper because umps were wearing red

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps should have been wearing white, and saying little enough that they didn't detract from the game. Not this theatrical, front and centre shite they carry on with these days. Throw it in if you didn't see whose boot it came off....

It's gotta be a marketing push by the club to try and sell away guernseys, I can't see any other reason for it.

It's stupid and pathetic. I wanna see my players in my club colours, not this bs cartoon on a white strip. There was no reason to wear it as we simply don't clash, so the club needs to have a good hard look at itself and stop trying to concentrate so much on $ signs and actually think about upholding their heritage and think about their supporters.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss if there was a clash in a Grand Final either - we wear brown and gold stripes on that day exclusively, even if it incurs a fine. Screw the AFL.

I personally don't mind it and understand if the club want a home and away strip.
The strong clubs are the wealthy clubs so if it helps, I will support it.

Agreed completely. The brown and gold stripes don't clash with anyone anyhow. It's B.S.

I only want to see us in Brown and Gold stripes, or the brown with gold V heritage strip. Every team having a white strip is horrible.

This..
I don't mind the idea of a clash jumper, but I personally can't stand the current one.
Kinda holding out hope that if we are changing jumper manufacturers at the end of the year we get a new clash jumper, but at the same time I'm not holding my breath

the white jumper is disgusting and looks like an amateurish training guernsey

we should start respecting our brand and our jumper, much in the same manner as collingwood and wear our jumpers, unless there is a genuine clash which is very rare in any case.

the white jumper is disgusting and looks like an amateurish training guernsey

we should start respecting our brand and our jumper, much in the same manner as collingwood and wear our jumpers, unless there is a genuine clash which is very rare in any case.
Well it is the only gurnsey that doesn't clash with any other team's.

Well it is the only gurnsey that doesn't clash with any other team's.

What are you on about?...our jumper does not clash with carlton nor almost every team in the competition...it may clash with a couple of teams at best, hence we should only see that disgusting training drill outfit a couple of times a year at best

Collingwood's jumper clashes with the roos and arguably the cats....aside from making the stripes thicker and adding a bit more black they don't disrespect there brand...leave the white cheap outfits for the melbourne's and aints of the world, where a great brand and empire, were not some silly gimps...time for all in the hawthorn family to start thinking like this

And yes i luv our jumper and always have from day 1 before i chose which team to support as a young kid

What are you on about?...our jumper does not clash with carlton nor almost every team in the competition...it may clash with a couple of teams at best, hence we should only see that disgusting training drill outfit a couple of times a year at best

Collingwood's jumper clashes with the roos and arguably the cats....aside from making the stripes thicker and adding a bit more black they don't disrespect there brand...leave the white cheap outfits for the melbourne's and aints of the world, where a great brand and empire, were not some silly gimps...time for all in the hawthorn family to start thinking like this

And yes i luv our jumper and always have from day 1 before i chose which team to support as a young kid
re-read my post you quoted

Back