Why your club isn't going to be getting Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Which was never happening.

Also what makes you so certain he's staying?

-The respect he has for us for letting him stay in Vic as a 18y/o to finish yr12
-The way he talked about the Kurt Tippett disaster
-The articles he wrote about AFC in the last 2 years talking us up even though we were going through tough times
-The investment in the Alma Hotel along with Tex and Sloane
-The willingness to invest time into new draftees by letting them into his home. Kerridge stayed with him for awhile before graduating from Dangers performance centre. Now our new draftee Lever is staying with and being mentored by Danger. Watch the Draftee diary series on the AFC website and then say that looks like a player that is about to leave.
-Rumor he is about to get married to he Adelaide based girlfriend
-He is a RESTRICTED free agent, so we will match any offer anyone throws at him. That's most likely why Sloane hasn't signed yet, gotta make sure we have enough room.
-Geelong are on the down.

I reckon he will sign in the first 10 weeks of the season.

-The respect he has for us for letting him stay in Vic as a 18y/o to finish yr12
-The articles he wrote about AFC in the last 2 years talking us up even though we were going through tough times
-The willingness to invest time into new draftees by letting them into his home. Kerridge stayed with him for awhile before graduating from Dangers performance centre. Now our new draftee Lever is staying with and being mentored by Danger. Watch the Draftee diary series on the AFC website and then say that looks like a player that is about to leave.
-He is a RESTRICTED free agent, so we will match any offer anyone throws at him. That's most likely why Sloane hasn't signed yet, gotta make sure we have enough room.

I think that he's a chance to stay at Adelaide but I doubt that the club is as certain as you are or they would have made him captain I would have thought. Or was Tex simply the best option?

I think that he's a chance to stay at Adelaide but I doubt that the club is as certain as you are or they would have made him captain I would have thought. Or was Tex simply the best option?

You don't buy players with the captaincy. He may not have even really wanted it. He may not have been the most appropriate player for the job. IMO let him focus on his own game.

I don't mean to rain on your parade (I say while I'm about to turn on the sprinklers...) but Hawthorn fans could have and did come up with just as many reasons like that for why Buddy would stay...

- That some of his best mates were at Hawthorn (Gibbo, Rough and Lewis)
- That he'd stated multiple times throughout his career and in the time before he left that he'd love to be a 1 club player.
- That his business ventures were in Melbourne
- That he had strong connections with the other Indigenous players at Hawthorn (Rioli, Burgoyne, Hill, Anderson, etc.)
- That he'd just won a second flag with this group so why would he go anywhere else (in particular GWS)?
- That his parents had relocated and settled in Melbourne
- He was a RESTRICTED free agent, so we would match any offer anyone throws at him. Hawks did make a huge offer that they shortly withdrew due to how big it was so they did have the room. And the Sydney offer could've been matched but would've been seen as too big a risk.
- This video, among others...

That's all good and well, but if he's adamant that he wants to leave, Adelaide will facilitate a trade, rather than tie down as much as 10% of the cap in a disgruntled player. Clubs rarely match the big offers for RFAs, and even when they do, they really don't hold too much power.

Whether or not Dangerfield is at the Crows in 2016 is entirely up to the man himself.

Oh right :D .. But what a great captain he is for Port. The Geelong circus tried to get him but he stuck with us :)
Yes he's become a great Captain for Port.

And it wasn't the Geelong "circus" that tried to lure him it was our "brass band with shiny buttons" that tried to lure him over. ;)

Geez Port fans are getting quite defensive these days aren't they?

Wrong. It was a s**t-tonne of money and the captaincy.
geez no doubt about Adelaide supporters and their lack of facts lol.. Boak signed on again with Port end of September 2012. New Coach Ken Hinkley appointed Boak as captain end of January 2013.
Oh, did Walsh appoint Walker as Adelaide Captain .. rest my case....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you're right mate. So where do you think he'll end up going then?

He likes the high profile, has to be Cats, Hawks, Pies or his mate Goodwin will sell him the Demons bill of goods.

This is all well & good, but the fact is, he still remains unsigned!....Not to mention that the Captaincy, (Which to all intents & purposes he seemed a certainty for) has been handed to Tex Walker!

As long as he remains unsigned, then speculation will be rife & continue unabated over his future....This one has all the hallmarks of a bloke who is on his way out, if all the signs/precedents surrounding it are any gauge!....See cryptor 's excellent post above!

And please stop using the RFA bulldust....In today's market it means sweet FA!

This is all well & good, but the fact is, he still remains unsigned!....Not to mention that the Captaincy, (Which to all intents & purposes he seemed a certainty for) has been handed to Tex Walker!

As long as he remains unsigned, then speculation will be rife & continue unabated over his future....This one has all the hallmarks of a bloke who is on his way out, if all the signs/precedents surrounding it are any gauge!....See cryptor 's excellent post above!

And please stop using the RFA bulldust....In today's market it means sweet FA!

No he wasn't, if anyone Sloane was the favourite.

On your second paragraph I have to disagree. It's quite normal to re-sign in the last year of your contract. If we get to June/July then you have to start worrying. In the mean time you are reading between the lines.

geez no doubt about Adelaide supporters and their lack of facts lol.. Boak signed on again with Port end of September 2012. New Coach Ken Hinkley appointed Boak as captain end of January 2013.
Oh, did Walsh appoint Walker as Adelaide Captain .. rest my case....
So going by Crows/Geelong logic in regards to Boak:
Walker was promised the captaincy when he renewed his contract late last year even though Port tried to lure him with a better deal, according to Graham Cornes :rolleyes:

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...es-graham-cornes/story-fnia3xzy-1227048903941

Remove this Banner Ad

Back