Witts vs Ceg - Who is first in line for a senior berth?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I had an interesting debate with Doppleganger on the Main Board the other day about Ceglar and Witts and who was ahead of the other in terms of their development and chances at a senior gig.

It's an important question as it seems likely we will be going with a Jolly and Wood one two combo in the ruck this season. Which highlights a distinct lack of experience and depth backing them up. It could get messy if we have injuries in the ruck this season.

So who do you think is first in line and why?

From what I've been reading lately in the training reports, Ceglar has been more impressive as a forward, with Witts showing great skills at ground level. I wouldn't be surprised if Witts got a game first but Ceglar being in the system a year longer is probably in front of him, with neither being ready for a game. In saying all of that I think Witts could probably improve quicker and has the bigger body to play forward, so I'll stick with him.

Where is the Link of that Debate.

I would actually say Ceglar is ahead at the Moment as He seems his game is more Ready.

Witts has the Bigger Potential but still seems Quite Raw.

Could easily change Next Season or even late this season

While Witts is bigger and appears to have more potential given his physical attributes, I'd think Ceglar is more AFL footy ready and wouldn't be surprised if he got the call up as back up ruck, if Wood or Jolly missed a week or so.

Cegs is in front IMO, in the intraclub he got first dibs up against jolly and was easily out rucking him.

Well if Cegs was Out Rucking Jolly I would have him ahead of Wood

Ceglar. I know the Witts hype is crazy, but Ceglar is ahead of him in the pecking order for now, he deserves first crack. Witts still needs to prove himself, I'm sure both will get a chance in the NAB Cup so really it's just a matter of who makes the better showing, I suspect it'll be Cegs.

having seen them both in the VFL last year, Witts for me.

Ceglar shows more in the ruck atm, but Witts has sheer size and a "See ball, get ball" approach when it's anywhere near him, which I love.

As a (208cm) 3rd tall forward changing ruck, Witts IMO is already ahead of Ceglar and not far behind Wood.

I'm thinking Witts, because the hype is massive, but it should be Ceglar. I see Ceglar as a more 'Jolly type' player than Witts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts has been matched up with Jolly in nearly all competitive work this season. He is more aggressive than Wood or Ceglar and significantly better at ground level than both. I'm pretty certain he is comfortably in front at the minute.

Witts has been matched up with Jolly in nearly all competitive work this season. He is more aggressive than Wood or Ceglar and significantly better at ground level than both. I'm pretty certain he is comfortably in front at the minute.

Going from this Quote:

Lockyer hinted 208cm man-mountain Jarrod Witts could be fast-tracked this season as Darren Jolly's ruck understudy.

"He's still got a lot of developing to go as far as body size and body strength goes, but he certainly did some things last year which were quite impressive. And as far as pre-season goes, he hasn't missed a beat," Lockyer said.

They are thinking of Playing Witts this year and they have Massive Hopes from Him

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...to-aid-flag-tilt/story-e6frf9jf-1226269053711

Remove this Banner Ad

Back