WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris robbo will be up their.........for the brownlow.....dont count out big patty davis or juegan......

richo(nf) is 1 way traffic........endres well he could b a chance.......

Patty Davis - no chance - he talks ( umpires/ disputes calls) too much to the guys giving votes....last Staurday was a perfect example

Congratulations to all Div 2 clubs this season. Reading the posts regurarly shows that across the division clubs are demonstrating a passion to build there clubs in a responsible competitive manner, and this will assist in bridging the gap between 1st & 2nd division.

The concern is the financial variance between clubs and I hope someone from the WRFL board / executive read this. IMO a proposal to provide support for clubs coming up would be to dangle a carrot (Obviously history is repeating itself with D/P). My proposal is based on two grants from the league;

Premiership team - $20,000 grant (1st year in A Grade)
- $10,000 grant (2nd year in A Grade)

It is is not that simple though, to receive these grants the clubs competing in the finals in Div 2. are required to achieve standards in;

> Committee Structure & Financial Plans
> Performance & Behaviour as a club
> Long Term plans relating towards club survival incorporating elevation to 1st division
> Junior current structure + targetted improvement areas
> Facility - Both Ground Conditions, Club Rooms & Amenities.

This audit would be conducted by someone with a good background in club managment i.e Steve Thom possibly??? If all boxes are ticked this is then forwarded to WRFL board for approval. If not no grants permitted.

One less wage at the WRFL would cover these costs and have some left over you would imagine. Most Clubs would possibly be opposed but until the gap between 1st / 2nd division is closed this competition will not improve and therefore clubs should consider this is in the best interest of the comp making a more competitive 2nd division & an evener comp in 1st division.

Congratulations to all Div 2 clubs this season. Reading the posts regurarly shows that across the division clubs are demonstrating a passion to build there clubs in a responsible competitive manner, and this will assist in bridging the gap between 1st & 2nd division.

The concern is the financial variance between clubs and I hope someone from the WRFL board / executive read this. IMO a proposal to provide support for clubs coming up would be to dangle a carrot (Obviously history is repeating itself with D/P). My proposal is based on two grants from the league;

It is is not that simple though, to receive these grants the clubs competing in the finals in Div 2. are required to achieve standards in;

> Long Term plans relating towards club survival incorporating elevation to 1st division

This audit would be conducted by someone with a good background in club managment i.e Steve Thom possibly??? If all boxes are ticked this is then forwarded to WRFL board for approval. If not no grants permitted.

One less wage at the WRFL would cover these costs and have some left over you would imagine. Most Clubs would possibly be opposed but until the gap between 1st / 2nd division is closed this competition will not improve and therefore clubs should consider this is in the best interest of the comp making a more competitive 2nd division & an evener comp in 1st division.

Best post I have seen on here for a while :thumbsu::thumbsu:.

The idea has merit but may need some work. The money could be paid as a credit on payments that are made to the league instead of cash being handed over.

If something like this is not done where will the comp be in 5 years? We may end up with a division one consisting of 5 or 6 teams because nobody else wants to go up.

You have raised some good interesting points. But you would be hard pressed for the league to give up a wage. They would probably employ another person and increase fees.

Why would you not just introduce a fee free year or two for the team going up? (subject to conditions) I think D/P are doing the right thing, that is taking the long term viability of the club as the number 1 priority over the perceived importance of playing Div 1.
When i talk to guys who play footy right across melbourne and some country leagues, I ask how did your team go and how did they go, not "how did your team go in div 1 or 2 on the weekend?"
Clubs need to develop the best team possible regardless of where they are playing and the rest will look after itself. Juniors will not want to play seniors at a club just because it is in Div 1. They will want to play with a chance to win.

fantastic post.......this comp needs to bridge the gap between div 1 and 2..........

Laverton Magpies held there presentation night last night, Top 5 results are below.

Seniors –

Best & Fairest – Craig Wells – 112
R/U B&F – Sam Young – 110
3rd B&F – Michael Kennedy – 109
4th B&F – Jamie Zerafa – 55
5th B&F – Bryan Lawry - 54

Reserves –

Equal Best & Fairest – Chris Chitsos & Shon Tucker - 76
R/U B&F – Joel Bennett - 53
3rd B&F – Matt Edwards - 33
4th B&F – Ash Murray - 31
5th B&F – Matt Ristevski - 31

Cheers,
SNHR

Laverton Magpies held there presentation night last night, Top 5 results are below.

Seniors –

Best & Fairest – Craig Wells – 112
R/U B&F – Sam Young – 110
3rd B&F – Michael Kennedy – 109
4th B&F – Jamie Zerafa – 55
5th B&F – Bryan Lawry - 54

Reserves –

Equal Best & Fairest – Chris Chitsos & Shon Tucker - 76
R/U B&F – Joel Bennett - 53
3rd B&F – Matt Edwards - 33
4th B&F – Ash Murray - 31
5th B&F – Matt Ristevski - 31

Cheers,
SNHR

Huge upset! Lucky the local book maker wasnt there because I would have put my house on Kennedy to win it and win a by a fair margain. Congratulations to Craig Wells, it was good to have a player of his class come back to Laverton after a few years away and hopefully more others will follow him.

Cain, you said the other day that Jamie Zerafa shouldn't have been in the team of the year, I think his result in the BnF shows that he probably did deserve his spot or at least deserve to be in contention. Bit hard to judge other teams players on two games I'd have to say.
Also congratulations to one of Big Footy's own favourite sons "Choofa" on his life membership at the Laverton Footy Club.

Huge upset! Lucky the local book maker wasnt there because I would have put my house on Kennedy to win it and win a by a fair margain. Congratulations to Craig Wells, it was good to have a player of his class come back to Laverton after a few years away and hopefully more others will follow him.

Cain, you said the other day that Jamie Zerafa shouldn't have been in the team of the year, I think his result in the BnF shows that he probably did deserve his spot or at least deserve to be in contention. Bit hard to judge other teams players on two games I'd have to say.
Also congratulations to one of Big Footy's own favourite sons "Choofa" on his life membership at the Laverton Footy Club.

sorry - but why does the result make him a better pick for TOY? 331 votes between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.......he was 50 odd votes behind 3rd place which tells me there was a fair portion of games he didn't poll at all. 4th best player at lavo by a long way.........surely the league has more depth than that. Don't get me wrong, i like chisel and think he's a good bloke and a good player (at times)......just not sure why the result in the BnF would validate his selection.

Congrats to to all lads who polled well.

yeah mate i know i have all the old training regimes and nutrition handouts from the old vfl and afl pre season days and they are stuck to the wall in my bedroom........ ready to be looked at AFTER footy trip lol.... i have alot of work to do mate but i am confident of getting there and being a handy contributer to the team next year.... maybe i should do a biggest loser weekly style weigh in for the BF subscribers.....hahahaha although i would be too embarrased to put my starting weight up.............

and by the way sumo is a very respected sport hahahahahahahahahaha

hey evo rumurs r flyin al over the place about what yuor team will be linin up like next year? yould you like to confirm what recruts you have. and the same as other teams, who will clubs be geting for next year.

what are a rundown on all teams this year and are ther any prediction on how all will go next year?

would be good to hear i rekon.

As far as i know we've kept our whole playing group from the seniors, hopefully with a few additional recruits 2010 should be a good year for the vales

Rumour is that there is about 5 or 6 clubs with the majority from Geelong league willing to throw the house to get Kennedy .. he wont move

Parkside Football Club
Established 1897

The Parkside Football Club affiliated with the Western Region Football League would like to invite applications for the following Coaching positions within our Club for Season 2010
Seniors
Reserves
Under 18’s

With an exciting and growing list combined with strong junior development
the available coaching positions will be part of an exciting and vibrant future for the club.

We are seeking experienced leaders who can support the Senior Match Committee in the direction of the club and also provide guidance and a strong football background to lead our Seniors, Reserves and Under 18 teams

Written applications can be forwarded to:
Parkside Football Club
P.O Box 6234
West Footscray 3011

All Applicants must hold or be prepared to complete
Level 1 Coaches Accreditation

Applications close October 9th 2009

Parkside Football Club

Established 1897

The Parkside Football Club affiliated with the Western Region Football League would like to invite applications for the following Coaching positions within our Club for Season 2010
Seniors
Reserves
Under 18’s

With an exciting and growing list combined with strong junior development
the available coaching positions will be part of an exciting and vibrant future for the club.

We are seeking experienced leaders who can support the Senior Match Committee in the direction of the club and also provide guidance and a strong football background to lead our Seniors, Reserves and Under 18 teams

Written applications can be forwarded to:
Parkside Football Club
P.O Box 6234
West Footscray 3011

All Applicants must hold or be prepared to complete
Level 1 Coaches Accreditation

Applications close October 9th 2009

Has Juegan left or been sacked... or do Parkside do what alot of clubs do and just advertise the job every year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back