WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed a few PPVs throughout 2001 have an edited entrance for The Undertaker. For instance, it's either Summerslam or Unforgiven they've taken out Rollin' and dubbed his Big Evil theme with fake crowd cheering, and then the very next PPV he comes out as per normal to Rollin'.

I've noticed a few PPVs throughout 2001 have an edited entrance for The Undertaker. For instance, it's either Summerslam or Unforgiven they've taken out Rollin' and dubbed his Big Evil theme with fake crowd cheering, and then the very next PPV he comes out as per normal to Rollin'.

This is one thing that really shits me and am glad I've already downloaded all the old PPV through torrents. Edited music/intros and blurred WWF logos are so annoying.

Hate when they do that.

Same as you try and watch Eric Bishoff debut in Raw they put the new song and you don’t hear what King and Ross say when he was coming down and hugging Vince:mad:

DVDs with fake music were so annoying back in 2003-04 when I bought them.

Editing out the stuff ups also sucked hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWE customer service is pathetic - finally got a response after emailing a hundred times and after a day or so was told have to go onto live chat for billing issues. They ended up telling me I had two active ssubscriptions on my account which is why I was getting billed twice but couldn't explain how this was possible. He said don't worry because I cancelled one the other one will just continue (without explaining how I could cancel the second one as it wasn't showing up on my account page or what they would do to resolve the fact I'd been billed twice for two months). Didn't matter cos I'd already blocked the payments through PayPal anyway.

Ended up telling me he couldn't resolve it and it would have to be escalated but someone would email me in 24-48 hours and I also got an email confirming this. That was 8 days ago and haven't heard back since. Pathetic.

Ended up just blocking that account and signing up a new account with a different email for the free month.

It was working fine for me this morning dude - I was watching on Apple TV up until around 10am (EDST) and had no problems. Maybe that's earlier than you're referring to.

-----------

I don't know if this should go here or whether it's worth creating a new thread - I'm after recommendations for what to watch.

I've seen all the documentary stuff on the Network that I want to watch.
I've seen all the "major shows" (ie. Rumble, WM and Summerslams) from the last 12 or so years that I want to watch in the last few months.
I find you have to be in the right mood for WCW (ie a mood to be frustrated) or for 80s wrestling (where you have to concentrate, rather than watch in the background).
I have no interest in watching ECW.

So what I'm really looking for are any hidden gem PPVs from the last 10-12 years that I might've forgotten about. I'll take suggestions from any of those years - but I'd be particularly interested in suggestions from 2008-10, which was the "post-Benoit" era when I stopped watching all but Rumble and WM.

Thanks all.

Judgement Day 2008 - Michaels vs Jericho
One Night Stand 2008 - Edge vs Undertaker (Not the best thing in the world but I reckon it was alright)
SummerSlam 2008 (You might have already watched this) - Taker vs Edge and Cena vs Batista
Unforgiven 2008 - Michaels vs Jericho, there were also the championship scrambles if you're interested in those. Brian Kendrick was interim WWE champ for a bit in one of them.
No Mercy 2008 - HHH vs Jeff Hardy (Maybe biased because I'm a huge Hardy fan) and Jericho vs Michaels
You might want to check out Cyber Sunday 08, but I don't really remember what happened there.
Armageddon 2008 - Punk vs Mysterio and Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs HHH. There was also a SmackDown from back around that time that had a Hardy vs Taker extreme rules match that was pretty good, not sure if it'd be on the Network though. You might like Cena vs Jericho too.
Backlash 2009 - Jericho vs Steamboat was alright, Edge vs John Cena Last Man Standing
Judgement Day 2009 - Jericho vs Mysterio, Edge vs Jeff Hardy
Extreme Rules 2009 - Jericho vs Mysterio and Edge vs Jeff Hardy again
The Bash 09 - Jericho vs Mysterio
SummerSlam 09 - Mysterio vs Ziggler, Punk vs Hardy and DX vs Legacy if you're interested in that
Breaking Point 09 - Christian vs Regal and Cena vs Orton
Hell in a Cell 09 - Morrison vs Ziggler, DX vs Legacy and maybe Jerishow vs Batista and Mysterio
Survivor Series 09 - Cena vs HHH vs Michaels maybe
TLC 09 - Maybe Christan vs Shelton Benjamin and Jerishow vs DX
Fatal 4-Way 2010 - Maybe Bourne vs Jericho
TLC 2010 - Morrison vs Sheamus, Edge vs Kane vs Mysterio vs Del Rio
Bragging Rights 2010 - Ziggler vs Bryan isn't too bad. A little bit boring in parts though.

There may be more in 2010 but I wasn't really watching then. These are also mainly only matches from certain feuds I enjoyed so they contain a lot of the same people.

Thanks man - some good suggestions there.

Although I should've been more specific. I wasn't looking for matches - because the Network's scroll feature is crap, and because I was just hoping to lie on the couch and not have to think too hard about what's on TV, I was looking for whole events that are worth a watch.

That said, I think there's some good stuff to go on there. (In the end, I just checked on MITB 2011 - a couple of MITB matches, and classic main event... you can't go far wrong with that, and it's been at least a couple of years since I watched the full event.)

----------

All that said, Demonic Ascent - I can see what you're talking about. I'm also having some issues getting a consistent stream through Apple TV.

My go to ppv when I'm in that mood is Survivor Series '98 (Deadly game tournament). I know it's a fair bit out of the time frame you're asking for but its probably my personal favourite.
At least 6 months worth of the current product's writing & effort in one show. So good!

They had a cut down version of this on Ten eons and eons ago, remember that being the specific point that I started to get into wrestling. (Good idea for a new thread..)

Good taste man!

They had a cut down version of this on Ten eons and eons ago, remember that being the specific point that I started to get into wrestling.

Exactly this for me to. Very first introduction to wrestling & likely we were watching the exact same condensed version on fta tv at the same time because I remember that being the case & then going to the video shop & looking for the full event.

Apparently JR has been working with WWE on some new content for the network, could just be filming stuff for Countdown or something. Hopefully a Legends of Wrestling Roundtable return though.

Back