360 XBOX 360 News(Articles, Accessories, and everything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, thanks mate, will try that tonight.

But what I meant was I created an IP for it, so outside the range of what the router is normally using.

I do appreciate your suggestions though, I'm such a noob this has me absoloutely ****ed.

When you say plug directly into the modem, I use DGN-2000 modem/router, which is 4 port for hard cabling, + obviously sends out wireless signal as well. Compter, XBox, TV & Blue Ray all go directly into the 4 ports, with everything else accessing the router wirelessly. (Phone, Laptop etc). So does that count as plugging directly in?

Ohh ok then it's the same thing. If it's working via Wireless and not cable then I think it might be contention for the IP address as there should not be that much different. If you log into your router you can see what IP address is assigned to your devices.

So the old girl is 5 years old (well in global terms). Hard to believe

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20023600-52.html

Five years ago yesterday I was one of about 2,000 people who spent 30 very cold hours inside a giant hangar in the Southern California desert celebrating the launch of this brand new video game console. The so-called "Zero Hour" event was the start of something that has helped change the industry forever.

The original Xbox 360, which was released five years ago at an event in the Southern California desert. It's hard to believe that five years has gone by so fast, but sure enough, the Xbox 360 has officially reached the age at which previous generations of video game consoles would be retired in favor of the next round.

Thought this would probably be the best place to ask for this kinda thing.

So I recently acquired a copy of Blinx: The Time Sweeper on the original Xbox after being after it for a while. I recall playing it back when it was released and having a load of fun with it.

Anyways I decided to fire it up the other night to see how it has aged. Game was how I remembered except the camera was inverted, after much sifting through menus and options I could not find a way to rectify it though..... I don't recall the camera being inverted (but then again it was a while back) and was wondering if anybody perhaps knew of a way to fix it or knows where the option to fix it is (I couldn't find anything).

A massive longshot but thought I might as well try....

Not sure if this needs a new thread but if it does by all means make one from this post.

Halo: Combat Evolved remake coming this holiday
Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.
Seems interesting. I haven't played the first one (I've got it on PC, just can't be bothered) but something like this would probably grab my attention.

My only query would be pricing.

If it's priced like a remake/compilation (50-60 dollars) I'll most likely get it.

If it's priced like a full retail release (100-120 dollars) then I won't.

Not sure if this needs a new thread but if it does by all means make one from this post.

Halo: Combat Evolved remake coming this holiday
Seems interesting. I haven't played the first one (I've got it on PC, just can't be bothered) but something like this would probably grab my attention.

My only query would be pricing.

If it's priced like a remake/compilation (50-60 dollars) I'll most likely get it.

If it's priced like a full retail release (100-120 dollars) then I won't.

i would expect it to be more in the realm of 30 dollars.......surely (don't put too much faith into my guess)

the hd collections on the ps3 have sold for 50-60 dollars in disc versions but they have 2 or 3 games on the one disc.

i'm pretty sure this may also be on the live marketplace?

i would expect it to be more in the realm of 30 dollars.......surely (don't put too much faith into my guess)

the hd collections on the ps3 have sold for 50-60 dollars in disc versions but they have 2 or 3 games on the one disc.

i'm pretty sure this may also be on the live marketplace?

When you get charged basically full price for something like ODST, don't get your hopes up for a major shift in mindset this time round....

Also this seems to be more a remake than a simple 'upscale'.

Although if it was priced at 30 dollars, it would absolutely fly off the shelves!

Another game reboot (along with the Halo: CE remake) is in the works for the 360.

It's not Halo: Combat Evolved. You got that? Good.

Sorry, but I had to get that out of the way. OXM is -- or should I say was -- primed to reveal "one of the best games ever made" getting a reboot for Xbox 360 in its next issue. The publisher has since pushed the announcement back, so we won't find out "for the foreseeable future," according to OXM editor Jon Hicks.

Bummer. But it's not a total loss. Apparently, the game in question is not an Xbox exclusive necessarily, and one of the comments on the original post by CVG, linked below, contains the correct answer. Well, let's give them a look.

Here's a list of names mentioned in the comments section.*

Shenmue 1 & 2
Rainbow Six
S.W.A.T.
Jade Empire
MSX version of Metal Gear
Final Fantasy VII
Q*Bert HD Revolution
Counter-Strike
Blinx
X-COM
Theme Hospital
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Syndicate
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Road Rash
Star Raiders
Knights of the Old Republic
GTA: San Andreas
Jet Set Radio
Star Wars Battlefront I & II
Halo 2
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine HD
Elite
Sim City
Hitman
MechWarrior
Conker's Bad Fur Day

*Yes, I realize this list is completely insane. Yet, somehow, one of these is on the money.

http://www.destructoid.com/oxm-teases-reboot-for-xbox-360-that-isn-t-halo-ce-194181.phtml

So, what do we think this game will be?

Though it probably would never happen, Battlefront is what I want.

People think the background of this picture has something to do with it.

screenshot_246479.jpg

Looks like blueprints of an office or building, makes me think Rainbow Six or S.W.A.T now.

Edit: Some also think these match up:

xgqBa.jpg

Another game reboot (along with the Halo: CE remake) is in the works for the 360.

http://www.destructoid.com/oxm-teases-reboot-for-xbox-360-that-isn-t-halo-ce-194181.phtml

So, what do we think this game will be?

Though it probably would never happen, Battlefront is what I want.
Are those the actual words? Because I don't quite get what they're trying to get across.

Are we talking HD remakes like God of War Collection, Sly Trilogy, Splinter Cell trilogy, Tomb Raider trilogy and Prince of Persia trilogy stuff? Or are we talking a proper new game made from a former IP as in a new Hitman/Rainbow Six/etc.?

Because you can cross off a significant amount of titles there if it's a new title based on a former IP.

If we're talking HD remakes, well then you've gotta go with something that has more than 1 title otherwise it'd pretty much be a waste of money or it'd have to retail for super cheap...

So MAYBE Hitman, since it's going to get a title soon (apparently). Maybe Rainbow Six. Doubt SWAT, since you'd want something that has a console heritage. X-COM seems highly unlikely despite it getting a title soon, not only does it have pure PC heritage (apart from 1 single PS1 title) but they're basically completely different games.

Most of the others are just typical left of field grabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better be something big, their 2011 line up is pretty much non existent for the casual and hardcore crowd

Only Gears and Forza for the HC

No 1st party Kinect titles. Which will turn the Kinect into another Wii that sits in the corner, never being used
Would Halo CE remake be considered big? It seems a dickish move by MS if they bring it out just a year after Reach, the 'Ultimate Halo'. That game is still hugely played, so why the need to bring something out so quick and take the attention away from it? Just because Bungie are going multiplat doesn't mean you need to do that.

I'm expecting that to be the announcement though.

And Kinect won't really get a lot of 1st party titles since MS don't own enough devs, not to mention one's that would want to work solely on a Kinect title (except for Rare :thumbsdown:).

Better be something big, their 2011 line up is pretty much non existent for the casual and hardcore crowd

Only Gears and Forza for the HC

No 1st party Kinect titles. Which will turn the Kinect into another Wii that sits in the corner, never being used
Will? i think it's allready there for a lot of people lol

Would Halo CE remake be considered big? It seems a dickish move by MS if they bring it out just a year after Reach, the 'Ultimate Halo'. That game is still hugely played, so why the need to bring something out so quick and take the attention away from it? Just because Bungie are going multiplat doesn't mean you need to do that.
The 40,000-90,000 players online at any one time since Black Ops released would disagree with you.

The 40,000-90,000 players online at any one time since Black Ops released would disagree with you.
It's the 2nd highest game played on XBL isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back