Oppo Camp Your 2015 Grand Final Tip

Who will win.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks by 5 goals or more.
But I would love to see the Weagles win by a point after the siren.
A draw would do me with Hodge Lewis Mitchell and Roughy all having to face the MRP and all getting rubbed out for the replay.Who am I kidding yeah Weagles win by a point after the siren.

It's going to be a hot day.... Eagles more used to heat, and are playing an ageing team who have had two trips to Perth and played an extra game.
However, West Coast have had 2 games at the MCG in 2 years. Good grief.

Hawthorn have far more experience on this stage and will be hoping WC get stage fright (as their 2013 opponent did) and are planning to hit them hard at the start to shock them (as they did to their 2014 opponent).
However they are telegraphing that in the media which could backfire on them.

I just hope if Hawthorn have to win they actually have their opponent not choke (2008), not get stage fright (2013), and not not bother turning up (2014).

(And if you are planning to tell me Hawthorn were great on those GF days, don't bother. I know. They are not mutually exclusive).

If it's not decided by under a goal, the margin will be massive either way, I reckon.
Adam Simpson has kept his team in their cacoon all year. They are a resilient bunch and won't be awed in the least. This team has been written off by everyone and they just rise up. And their coach is a very cool customer. It's an even game in my opinion. The Hawks will try their unsociable footy, but the eagles won't bite. Pridis and Nicnat will carve them up.

Adam Simpson has kept his team in their cacoon all year. They are a resilient bunch and won't be awed in the least. This team has been written off by everyone and they just rise up. And their coach is a very cool customer. It's an even game in my opinion. The Hawks will try their unsociable footy, but the eagles won't bite. Pridis and Nicnat will carve them up.
This is the bleeding obvious I know but they will help their cause if they start well,they gave North 3 goals start last game you wouldn't want to do the same against the Squarks.

Keep Mitchells possessions to low 20s or under and the Eggs win,if he gets his normal 35 it's game over and Hawk win.
Whichever team has a bigger impact out of the Priddis/Mitchell battle wins for me

I agree. There's something about the Eagles this year that suggests they're up for it. Doesn't mean they'll win but won't be pushovers.

Was very impressed with their last quarter and a half.

I just hope Hawks aren't allowed to run the gauntlet early with out any penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. There's something about the Eagles this year that suggests they're up for it. Doesn't mean they'll win but won't be pushovers.

Was very impressed with their last quarter and a half.

I just hope Hawks aren't allowed to run the gauntlet early with out any penalty.
That's exactly it. But I think the umpires will be all over it. They won't let what happened last weekend happen again.

I definitely think that the Hawks will psyche themselves up to go out and hit the Eagles hard - but everyone now knows that this is their tactic. It worked on Sydney because they didn't expect it to be that fierce. This time however, I think this sort of attitude will be to the detriment of the Hawks as Hodge and Lewis will feel like they want to have an impact right away and go above and beyond hard play and will give free kicks away. And West Coast will score (hopefully) and put the Hawks on the back foot. Turn has already said that they aren't going to play the Hawks hard at the man game and will just try and win the ball. Lake will definitely try and hurt Kennedy. Watch for shots to his elbow. Hodge will try and play on Wellingham to make him accountable, hurt him a little bit and to get an early goal to set the scene - as he did over the last two weeks. But Wellingham is too slick and too mature bodied to be pushed around that easily.

One thing that really impressed me about the Eagles was their skills up close. There was some hand-balling and running and gunning in the game last week near the back pocket that reminded me of GFC. It was so fast and slick - these guys are not only elite users, but they have gelled with each other so well.

When Danger comes (hopefully not if anymore), we will have 3 past winners of the GF sprint (Stanley, Murdoch, Dangerfield). If only grand final sprint success was a measure of premiership potential.......................

Eagles, wont be intimidated, nothing to lose, smart coach, hard workers, playing the better footy.
Eagles had to beat Hawks and North to make it. Hawks only had to beat Adelaide (we beat them, enough said) and Freo ( been done for about 8 weeks now). So Eagles form stacks up better. Hawks form not as convincing.

Last edited:
Hodge hasn't been training, probably normal for the alco though. .
Give me a break. Overrated. G Ablett Junior should have won Normy in 2008 by a streak and join his father as Normy winners in losing teams. West Coast will smash the Hawks in the trenches and use their forward structures to smash Hawks small or slow backs. Show how Geelong are still the team of the era. Pretenders Hawks. Callum Sinclair will surprise by pulling off the Norm Smith with 10 plus marks in the clutches.

This is such a hard game to tip with confidence - i just think a few of the Eagles players might be found wanting - even their midfield - Masten and Priddis - up to about a year ago - half the Eagles supporters on their board said they wernt much good - Priddis aint quick and hes not an elite kick - would you be excited to have Masten at Geelong i wouldnt be - i dont rate him at all

The Eagles have a massive advantage in the ruck - McGovern is a very good intercept player in defence - good mark and good kick - Kennedy is playing very well - but the Hawks might be able to shut him out

The hot day forecast -28 would have to favour the Eagles - but go back to last week Nth Melb had them on toast at qtr time

As a neutral - this is the most interesting GF for years - because your not certain whats going to happen

However MCG - Hawthorns elite kicking skills - proven performers - no spuds etc - Hawks by 37 points

Back