Your worst experience with opposition supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had to drop in, thought this would be an amusing read (and it was), Not surprised that the Collingwood bunch seem to be the worst.

Never had a issue at a showdown, and I love sitting next to power supporters regardless of the final score. Enjoy the banter and a beer with your mob at half time.
Only time I've ever had an issue was 2002 SANFL grand final, being a Sturt man with his young lad we copped it a bit from the doggies supporters who didn't appreciate any sort of come backs, got quiet nasty. they were gone by the final siren so we got to enjoy the victory.

Dogs fans were horrible pre-winning their first GF. I spent the whole of the 1995 GF getting kicked in the back and having cheezels thrown at the back of my head from a group of mid 20s Dogs "fans" who thought it fun to pick on a 13 year old.

And what a horrible waste of Cheezels ffs

2007 GF. Got sponsor tickets behind the goals at Punt Road end surrounded by Geelong supporters. When we finally kicked a goal i jumped up cheering. Some big unit got in my face and told me if i got up again it would be the last time. To be fair those around him told him to pull his head in. Still, my afternoon didn't get any better.

2007 GF. Got sponsor tickets behind the goals at Punt Road end surrounded by Geelong supporters. When we finally kicked a goal i jumped up cheering. Some big unit got in my face and told me if i got up again it would be the last time. To be fair those around him told him to pull his head in. Still, my afternoon didn't get any better.

Not that my experience celebrating a goal has been extreme, but I have been told by spectators behind me to sit down after we have kicked a goal. Usually they are cow supporters who no-one could be frightened of so I just ask them if the boundary umpire carrying the ball back to the middle is more exciting to watch than their team.

Dogs fans were horrible pre-winning their first GF. I spent the whole of the 1995 GF getting kicked in the back and having cheezels thrown at the back of my head from a group of mid 20s Dogs "fans" who thought it fun to pick on a 13 year old.

And what a horrible waste of Cheezels ffs

My family is split right down the middle between Port and Central.

Had to worry about getting belted by brothers and sisters more than Doggies fans!

Though my brother's mate of (then) almost 30 years turned nasty in '96 and had a crack at him.

That loss still burns for them...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back