Review What is your most proud PAFC moment in the last decade?

Most proud moment

• Swapping into the prison bars for the song

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2014 finals series

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Thrashing Richmond in the bars in 2014

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • How we handled 2020 and the hubs

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Winning first showdown at AO

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Hype Bibs, Fam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knocking Collingwood out of the 2013 finals series

• Playing minor-round matches in China.

• The AFLW side

• 150th Anniversary

• Koch: If they’re just playing because they love to play AFL, they’re not players that we want.

• Ken Hinkley winning two Coach of the Year awards.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Erin Phillips pulling on the B&W.

• Ollie Wines winning the Brownlow.

• 2020 Minor premiership

• Walking in on Norf and taking the no.1 pick after only being there for one year

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • That Butcher goal

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pass

• Only team to be undefeated against another team in this time period.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The similarities in how the games panned out over the two weeks of the SF win and PF loss are pretty strong.

Fremantle butcher a bunch of first half chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for us to walk through, Robbie Gray walks us through the door and we move on... We butcher a bunch of first quarter chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for Hawthorn to walk through, Roughhead walks them through the door and they move on to win the premiership. Both games were close in the end, both losing teams left to rue missed first half chances, and David Koch on TV clapping at the end of both games.

I hear what you're saying in terms of losing the SF actually being better for us in the long run, but in the moment I think we sort of felt destined to get there (I kinda felt the similar in 2020 until Scott Lycett decided to not come out after 3QT in the PF and let Nankervis give him a bath). If we lose that SF we don't end up with the false hope of being less than a kick from a GF, and the administration are less likely to point to it as justification for keeping Ken if 2015-16 remain missed finals years.

I went over to Perth for the SF and it was one of the best weekends and best away games that I can remember going to, legitimately great memories of that weekend. That Hawthorn PF weekend however was one of the worst I've had, lost the PF by less than a kick, drive back to Adelaide overnight (and someone hit my car at a servo in Ararat - slow speed, not much damage, still frustrating), then on bugger all sleep watch us lose to Norwood by less than a kick in the SANFL GF the next day... Don't reckon I spoke to anyone for a week.

That night.

• Polec 21y 336d: 17 & 1 + 1 goal ast
• Wingard 21y 46d: 18 & 4
• Wines 19y 341d: 26 & 3

Future’s bright!

Narrator: they didn’t win another final for 6 years

That night.

• Polec 21y 336d: 17 & 1 + 1 goal ast
• Wingard 21y 46d: 18 & 4
• Wines 19y 341d: 26 & 3

Future’s bright!

Narrator: they didn’t win another final for 6 years

Also Narrator: and only one of these guys was still on the list when they did

For me, when we picked up Cameron Cloke it was truly the proudest moment.

Choco still had to beg to convince Cam to agree too.

UberPride :rainbow:

Yeh that was the first option I posted and I'm not changing my vote.
I still think it was the most old school Port Adelaide thing we have done since 1997.
I thought we were going to stick it up the man... Thought wow we are still port... We are gonna fight....

😐😑😐 No. We are piss weak.

It did make me proud again to be a port man.... Unfortunately it didn't last long.

6 mother *ers voted for changing guernseys after the game
Yeah I'm one of them

The 2014 finals series and Ollie winning the brownlow might have been close, but wearing the bars I felt the most pride in the club. It might be my favourite un-tainted moment since 2004 to be honest.

Everything else I've felt a short sense of pride for has ended in red hot garbage:
1. I felt pride when we beat Geelong in 2020 only for it to evaporate when we capitulated in a wasteful game at home against a Richmond side we'd already beaten that season
2. I felt pride when we beat Geelong in 2021 only to have it all thrown out the window by probably the worst preparation and coaching performance in AFL history resulted in us being completely embarrassed by the Bullflogs at home.
3. I also remember feeling a lot of pride in 2019 when the tingles announced they were going to have co-captains because it drove home how different we were to the joke franchises that would consider doing something so stupid and pathetic. I remember thinking no matter what happened on-field we were a club that respected its history and would never do anything like that and it gave me a really nice perspective on the disappointments of the 4 years prior. That evaporated pretty quickly too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from 2020.

Absolutely everything lined up for us. That premiership was ours and we let it slip, and we’ll never get a better opportunity than that.

Premierships are so damn extremely hard to win so if we couldn’t win one with the opportunity we had over 2020-21 then I’m very fearful of the future.
2003 still sits in my guts as the biggest waste of a season we have had.

Whilst 2020 gave us all the leg ups in the world (which we still couldn't capitalise on), people forget how dominant a side we were in 2003, and to not even make the granny that season kills me to this day. That Sydney Final will sit in my guts as the worst feeling I have ever experienced post game (I wasn't at the 2007 GF).

2002-03 & 2020-21 - f*ck them all.

Whilst 2020 gave us all the leg ups in the world (which we still couldn't capitalise on), people forget how dominant a side we were in 2003, and to not even make the granny that season kills me to this day. That Sydney Final will sit in my guts as the worst feeling I have ever experienced post game (I wasn't at the 2007 GF).

2003 Pros
Nick Stevens isn’t a Port Adelaide Premiership Player

2003 Cons
Che Cockatoo-Collins, Steven Paxman and Brett Gurerra are not Port Adelaide Premiership Players

Ah yes, the year we finished 3 games clear on top of the ladder and didn’t even make the GF 😂😂😂

We’re the only team to do that too, I believe.

Back