Review What is your most proud PAFC moment in the last decade?

Most proud moment

• Swapping into the prison bars for the song

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2014 finals series

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Thrashing Richmond in the bars in 2014

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • How we handled 2020 and the hubs

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Winning first showdown at AO

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Hype Bibs, Fam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knocking Collingwood out of the 2013 finals series

• Playing minor-round matches in China.

• The AFLW side

• 150th Anniversary

• Koch: If they’re just playing because they love to play AFL, they’re not players that we want.

• Ken Hinkley winning two Coach of the Year awards.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Erin Phillips pulling on the B&W.

• Ollie Wines winning the Brownlow.

• 2020 Minor premiership

• Walking in on Norf and taking the no.1 pick after only being there for one year

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • That Butcher goal

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pass

• Only team to be undefeated against another team in this time period.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you have another suggestion, please vote "other" and post it.

I will then update the poll and you will be able to change your vote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

I reckon us swapping into the bars for the song was the most 😺 option for us to take at the time.

As for the most proud I'd probably say how we handled the hub situation and 2020 more broadly. Looking back it shocks me our group didn't go full West Coast and act petulant and entitled.

If you have another please vote "other" and post it.
I will then update the poll and you will be able to change your vote.

Please remind me of other things, rather than just this one.

Playing minor-round matches in China.

I gotta go with 2020 as a whole. Tough situation for all clubs but I can’t imagine the FIFO on the day of games would be any easier than hubbing up in Queensland. 1st place from round 1 to the end takes a bit of luck but fair play to anyone who can do it. Coupling that with the QF win against Geelong and I’d say my pride was at an all time high. Of course the PF loss was devastating and it’s disappointing to say the proudest moment I have for Port isn’t a flag but I’d say 2020 is the proudest I could get without a flag to go with it.

I gotta go with 2020 as a whole. Tough situation for all clubs but I can’t imagine the FIFO on the day of games would be any easier than hubbing up in Queensland. 1st place from round 1 to the end takes a bit of luck but fair play to anyone who can do it. Coupling that with the QF win against Geelong and I’d say my pride was at an all time high. Of course the PF loss was devastating and it’s disappointing to say the proudest moment I have for Port isn’t a flag but I’d say 2020 is the proudest I could get without a flag to go with it.
Your proudest moment in the last decade was losing a home prelim in a year that heavily favoured us at almost all stops.

Oof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray gave me a semi

Wingard’s late goal too. Ran 100 plus metres. Multiple contests. Clutch from the tight angle.

And with a stack of normies he’s less popular than Humpty Donut in the coaches box. 🤪🤪🤪

Your proudest moment in the last decade was losing a home prelim in a year that heavily favoured us at almost all stops.

Oof.
Bear in mind I was 9 at the start of this decade, and also not a Port fan so what else could I pick? The prelim loss wasn’t the proud part, everything before that was, which is exactly what I said in my post.
Is there a better moment to have picked? An EF win over a team that made finals thanks to a technicality in a finals series that ultimately equated to nothing? Wearing the bars after a match when our spineless board couldn’t get the job done and secure their use in said match? 2020 seems to be the best moment that we had in a flag-less decade.

Oof.

Yep. 2020/2021 is worse than 2002/2003.

With all the asterisks that fell our way, to come away with nothing was harder than not.

Bear in mind I was 9 at the start of this decade, and also not a Port fan so what else could I pick? The prelim loss wasn’t the proud part, everything before that was, which is exactly what I said in my post.
Is there a better moment to have picked? An EF win over a team that made finals thanks to a technicality in a finals series that ultimately equated to nothing? Wearing the bars after a match when our spineless board couldn’t get the job done and secure their use in said match? 2020 seems to be the best moment that we had in a flag-less decade.
Slaughtering a richmond who the media said were in unstoppable form.

Going to a killing field and knocking off fremantle after being dead in the water, thanks to gricky magic.

Almost knocking off one of the most dominant teams of the modern era away from home, and we only didn't win because of inexperience.

All in 3 weekends. Nothing else comes close for the decade.

Slaughtering a richmond who the media said were in unstoppable form.

Going to a killing field and knocking off fremantle after being dead in the water, thanks to gricky magic.

Almost knocking off one of the most dominant teams of the modern era away from home, and we only didn't win because of inexperience.

All in 3 weekends. Nothing else comes close for the decade.
And Ken has lived off that ever since

Back