Review What is your most proud PAFC moment in the last decade?

Most proud moment

• Swapping into the prison bars for the song

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2014 finals series

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Thrashing Richmond in the bars in 2014

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • How we handled 2020 and the hubs

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Winning first showdown at AO

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Hype Bibs, Fam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knocking Collingwood out of the 2013 finals series

• Playing minor-round matches in China.

• The AFLW side

• 150th Anniversary

• Koch: If they’re just playing because they love to play AFL, they’re not players that we want.

• Ken Hinkley winning two Coach of the Year awards.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Erin Phillips pulling on the B&W.

• Ollie Wines winning the Brownlow.

• 2020 Minor premiership

• Walking in on Norf and taking the no.1 pick after only being there for one year

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • That Butcher goal

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pass

• Only team to be undefeated against another team in this time period.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from 2020.

Absolutely everything lined up for us. That premiership was ours and we let it slip, and we’ll never get a better opportunity than that.

Premierships are so damn extremely hard to win so if we couldn’t win one with the opportunity we had over 2020-21 then I’m very fearful of the future.

1. Ollie Wines winning the Brownlow.
2. 2014 AFL Season. It would've been number 1, had 2015 not shown us the truth about how ourselves and the SF fluke against Freo that gave us way too much undeserved overconfidence.
3. AFLW
4. 2020 Minor Premiership

Best individual games:
2013 - 41 point Comeback against WCE, the beginning of belief in Not Giving In.
2013 - The Monfries bounce
2013 - EF v Coll in Melb, learning we definitely had big game players.
2014 - 1st game at AO and smacking the Crows
2014 - EF - Our absolute peak.
2014 - Prelim - A team that gave utterly everything they had, the most proud of ever been of a losing Port team.
2015 - Hawks in R4, undermanned and against the premiers, the last quarter of Port Beast mode footy we'd ever see.

Then IMO after the loss to WC in 2015 things went bad....

You could list 20 to 30 bad games, that embarrassed us, but really only a few good moments.

2017 - v Saints, Robbie to win it
2018 - finally beating Crows, Motlop on siren
2020 - Robbie from the boundary to beat Carlton
2020 - QF v Cats, after being demolished earlier in year we fluked a win, but wouldve been pumped by them had we made the GF.
2021 - Rnd 23 v Dogs, finally winning a game that mattered, only to absolutely embarrass ourselves 3 weeks later.

So from rnd 5 of 2015, I can think of about 5 highlights, maybe a 6th if you include 2021 QF.

And people wonder why we're a jaded bunch. The longest stretch in our clubs history of boring, stale, consistent, performing to basic expectations, never above, regularly below footy.

Last edited:
2013-2022

Premiership teams:
Richmond x3
Hawthorn x3
Geelong x1
Melbourne x1
West Coast x1
Western Bulldogs x1

Grand finalists
Sydney x3
Collingwood x1
Adelaide x1
GWS 1x
Fremantle x1

Prelim finalists
Port x3
Brisbane x2
North x2

Also-rans
Carlton
Essendon
Gold Coast
St Kilda

Gross

2013-2022

Premiership teams:
Richmond x3
Hawthorn x3
Geelong x1
Melbourne x1
West Coast x1
Western Bulldogs x1

Grand finalists
Sydney x3
Collingwood x1
Adelaide x1
GWS 1x
Fremantle x1

Prelim finalists
Port x3
Brisbane x2
North x2

Also-rans
Carlton
Essendon
Gold Coast
St Kilda

Gross
Thats an interesting way to rank the sides, albeit off topic.
Fair to say we are 12th over that decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Co-captains.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

I don’t feel ‘proud’ as they aren’t my achievements, but I picked the 2014 finals series as the most fun being a fan.

Definitely the 2014 finals series, but also I am so sick of hearing about it. Another way to look at it though is that we were only a Robbie Gray masterclass away from it being the the most disappointing season in that time.

As good as the 2014 finals win against the tigs whilst wearing the PB's, our first Brownlow medallist, and some brilliant individual performances by particularly Robbie Gray were, none of it makes up for the club as a whole achieving absolutely F*** ALL!

The problem with 2014 is that it gets credit because it was a team on the rise. A huge year, a huge effort and the start of something great.

However without a complementary 2015, the reality is, it wasn't a team at the start of something special, it was just a flukey hot start to the year, before we came back to reality. Then got extremely lucky in a final where Freo should've had it wrapped up at half time.

Hindsight changes the perception massively.

2020, 2021 again similar. 2020 showed that maybe with our new recruits we were on the way up, however it was hard to believe even with all the asterisks on the season falling our way that we were actually good enough yet. However it set up for 2021, a year that we should be on the charge on the back of 2020, yet not until the final regular season game of the year do we actually make a statement to say maybe we are good enough. It was a huge moment, a defining moment, but then to undo that 2 games later in history making style, to illustrate clearly that we just aren't up to it and then to put it beyond any doubt with an absolutely demoralising 2022, just takes so much away from 2020 and 2021.

Back