Review What is your most proud PAFC moment in the last decade?

Most proud moment

• Swapping into the prison bars for the song

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2014 finals series

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Thrashing Richmond in the bars in 2014

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • How we handled 2020 and the hubs

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Winning first showdown at AO

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Hype Bibs, Fam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knocking Collingwood out of the 2013 finals series

• Playing minor-round matches in China.

• The AFLW side

• 150th Anniversary

• Koch: If they’re just playing because they love to play AFL, they’re not players that we want.

• Ken Hinkley winning two Coach of the Year awards.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Erin Phillips pulling on the B&W.

• Ollie Wines winning the Brownlow.

• 2020 Minor premiership

• Walking in on Norf and taking the no.1 pick after only being there for one year

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • That Butcher goal

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pass

• Only team to be undefeated against another team in this time period.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Easily this. Have yet to match the feeling of electricity at a game than when he kicked this goal and strangers were hugging in the crowd.

The right answer is the 2014 finals but I voted for this anyway.

I was in attendance at the game where Butch had 20 touches 11 marks and 4 goals in Brisbane, so that's probably my personal favourite since.

That game broke me.
Just thinking about this more.
1. No PB’s, not even a public appeal or attempt, despite hinting at a special Guernsey.
2. Rubbish little logo on the Guernsey.
3. Not fighting like absolute demons for Ebert.
4. Losing to one of the worst teams in the league by ten ******* goals!
5. Hinkley not being sacked immediately after, especially in the context of the season.

Looking back at the Ebert Tribute match is wild. We absolutely blew them away in nearly every stat but the same old demon stopped us in our tracks

Screenshot_20221221_082225_AFL.jpg
Screenshot_20221221_082234_AFL.jpg

1. No PB’s, not even a public appeal or attempt, despite hinting at a special Guernsey.
5. Hinkley not being sacked immediately after, especially in the context of the season.

Cheers Brosef, now I'm angry for the rest of the day.

I'm with you. He should've have been sacked immediately post this game. Shameful.

The 2014 Semi Final is probably the main one. Well down at half time away from home against a team we couldnt beat a couple weeks earlier. To storm home in that second half, Wines playing the best final i've seen from a teenager, Robbie Gray almost unstoppable up forward, Wingard producing magic and Neade having a monster half of football was amazing.

The only other one that comes close would be beating Geelong in the 2020 Final.

Both seasons deserved a grand final to show for it.

The 2014 Semi Final is probably the main one. Well down at half time away from home against a team we couldnt beat a couple weeks earlier. To storm home in that second half, Wines playing the best final i've seen from a teenager, Robbie Gray almost unstoppable up forward, Wingard producing magic and Neade having a monster half of football was amazing.

The only other one that comes close would be beating Geelong in the 2020 Final.

Both seasons deserved a grand final to show for it.

Between 2014, 2020 and 2021, to not even have so much as one Grand Final appearance absolutely breaks me.

We’re better than that, but you know, who else are you going to get?!?!

Yeah, I agree. No AFL club should ever get rid of their coach because, you know, who are they going to get?

Also Kenny saved us after the horrors of 2012 and we owe him big time.

Western Bulldogs should have obviously held on to Brandan McCartney.

West Coast should never have moved on a premiership coach in John Worsfold.

Peter Schwab got Hawthorn to a Preliminary Final in 2001, so why move on only 3 years later?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs should have obviously held on to Brandan McCartney.

West Coast should never have moved on a premiership coach in John Worsfold.

Peter Schwab got Hawthorn to a Preliminary Final in 2001, so why move on only 3 years later?
The Brits moved Churchill on in 1945 after saving their arse in 1940.

2016 - Losing to Carlton in the dying stages at Marvel after going 18 points up at the 13 minute mark of Q4. Getting completely overrun despite Levi Casboult getting injured five minutes into the game, and Paddy Cripps literally hobbling around on a bad knee.

Peak-Mad Professor Burgess cooking the players during the week so they couldn’t blow out a candle against injury-riddled teams when it mattered.
Cameron O'Shea kickstarting Carlton's comeback with literally, literally the worst handball of all time.

I can't look on this game positively. The only reason we were in it at half time was because they missed a truck load of chances. We weren't really good enough and we found that out in 2015, but a flukey last half pinched it. Whilst that was good and in the moment was crazy exciting, it was also the rod for our own backs. It's what sent us into 2015 way over confident, completely unaware of where we actually sat. I think our trajectory would've been significantly better in 2015-2016 had we lost that game.

Last edited:
Knocking collingwood out of the 2013 finals series when they were already looking a week ahead was quite satisfying.
We actually did the Pies a favour. Eddie was complaining about Collingwood only getting 6 days between games (after the practice session against Port), so we solved the problem for them by ensuring they had 6 months between games instead.

Yeah, I agree. No AFL club should ever get rid of their coach because, you know, who are they going to get?

Also Kenny saved us after the horrors of 2012 and we owe him big time.
Singlehandedly saved us, if you don't mind 💪🤪
Is on the way to curing cancer, bringing us world peace and saving the planet - as we speak 👍

94349beaef88d59212b86ef95d95f944

Who could forget this spine tingling moment?

I can't look on this game positively. The only reason we were in it at half time was because they missed a truck load of chances. We weren't really good enough and we found that out in 2015, but a flukey last half pinched it. Whilst that was good and in the moment was crazy exciting, it was also the rod for our own backs. It's what sent us into 2015 way over confident, completely unaware of where we actually sat. I think our trajectory would've been significantly better in 2015-2016 had we lost that game.
The similarities in how the games panned out over the two weeks of the SF win and PF loss are pretty strong.

Fremantle butcher a bunch of first half chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for us to walk through, Robbie Gray walks us through the door and we move on... We butcher a bunch of first quarter chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for Hawthorn to walk through, Roughhead walks them through the door and they move on to win the premiership. Both games were close in the end, both losing teams left to rue missed first half chances, and David Koch on TV clapping at the end of both games.

I hear what you're saying in terms of losing the SF actually being better for us in the long run, but in the moment I think we sort of felt destined to get there (I kinda felt the similar in 2020 until Scott Lycett decided to not come out after 3QT in the PF and let Nankervis give him a bath). If we lose that SF we don't end up with the false hope of being less than a kick from a GF, and the administration are less likely to point to it as justification for keeping Ken if 2015-16 remain missed finals years.

I went over to Perth for the SF and it was one of the best weekends and best away games that I can remember going to, legitimately great memories of that weekend. That Hawthorn PF weekend however was one of the worst I've had, lost the PF by less than a kick, drive back to Adelaide overnight (and someone hit my car at a servo in Ararat - slow speed, not much damage, still frustrating), then on bugger all sleep watch us lose to Norwood by less than a kick in the SANFL GF the next day... Don't reckon I spoke to anyone for a week.

The similarities in how the games panned out over the two weeks of the SF win and PF loss are pretty strong.

Fremantle butcher a bunch of first half chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for us to walk through, Robbie Gray walks us through the door and we move on... We butcher a bunch of first quarter chances, should be out of sight but leave the door open for Hawthorn to walk through, Roughhead walks them through the door and they move on to win the premiership. Both games were close in the end, both losing teams left to rue missed first half chances, and David Koch on TV clapping at the end of both games.

I hear what you're saying in terms of losing the SF actually being better for us in the long run, but in the moment I think we sort of felt destined to get there (I kinda felt the similar in 2020 until Scott Lycett decided to not come out after 3QT in the PF and let Nankervis give him a bath). If we lose that SF we don't end up with the false hope of being less than a kick from a GF, and the administration are less likely to point to it as justification for keeping Ken if 2015-16 remain missed finals years.

I went over to Perth for the SF and it was one of the best weekends and best away games that I can remember going to, legitimately great memories of that weekend. That Hawthorn PF weekend however was one of the worst I've had, lost the PF by less than a kick, drive back to Adelaide overnight (and someone hit my car at a servo in Ararat - slow speed, not much damage, still frustrating), then on bugger all sleep watch us lose to Norwood by less than a kick in the SANFL GF the next day...

Don't reckon I spoke to anyone for a week.
6 months in my case :sadv1:

I hated the universe back then.

Back