2008-09 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stars v Wild + Avs v Sharks are on Versus/Foxtel tomorrow from 10am EST - back to back.

Sharks win this and they are ever so close to taking the number 1 seed in the west. I'm hoping the bruins lose and give us a break for the pres.

Looks like Cheechoo has found his game..thats ominous for Shark fans...

Prepare to be 'Galiardi-ed' tomorrow Brades!

...can you beat us, but like only just, we really need the loss to stay 2nd last. If we're gonna suck this bad, at least let's make sure we get one of JT or Hedman, seriously.

Panthers got royally screwed by the refs today with carter game winner...

2 seconds before it scott hartnell gave the biggest cross check ive seen in a while...right in front of the ref...yet no call. Could cost Florida their season

absolutley poor, if it was in montreal he wouldnt have made it out alive

Panthers got royally screwed by the refs today with carter game winner...

2 seconds before it scott hartnell gave the biggest cross check ive seen in a while...right in front of the ref...yet no call. Could cost Florida their season

absolutley poor, if it was in montreal he wouldnt have made it out alive

Just watched the highlights.

Biggest cross check for a while? Really?

Wasn't much in it and I didn't see any Panthers moaning to the ref about it after the goal.

What's going to cost them is all the chances they didn't put away earlier in the game.

I don't mind the narrow loss, and the fact we played well, but I didn't want that point. When Tampa loses, we gotta lose in regulation too. Don't reckon we can snare 2nd last now. So its Tavares or Duchene. We're a point ahead, and they've got just the two games left (Washington then @Atlanta).

Just watched the highlights.

Biggest cross check for a while? Really?

Wasn't much in it and I didn't see any Panthers moaning to the ref about it after the goal.

What's going to cost them is all the chances they didn't put away earlier in the game.

Ok , worst cross check ever was an exaggeration...but it was clearly big cross check. Hartnell came from behind and checked him in the back which forced him to the ground which spilled th puck and carter converted..Right in front of the ref...how it couldnt be called is beyond me.

The score was 1-1 at the time, if the ref made the call Florida would have been on the powerplay with 10 minutes to go...instead they trail and couldnt get the game squared again...

It definatley gives Montreal a break..Now all Montreal has to do is win or get a loser point in 1 of their last 2 and theyre in

You know, I hate Tampa so much. They don't deserve Tavares or Hedman - They had plenty of talent and a good team, the management is a piece of crap and makes horrible decisions, now they get Stamkos to go along with Vinny and Martin St Louis and possibly Tavares/Hedman.

They will run into big cap issues and have to trade away one of vinny, stamkos or hedman/tavares...and lets not forget malones contract...

surely they draft Hedman, whether they have pick 1 or 2...

If they get pick 1 and draft Tavares, they will have no hope of ever getting a top notch blue liner ...with 35 million possibly being dedicated Lecavelier, stlouis, stamkos, malone and tavares once stamkos and tavares pass there ELC...It would makes more sense from a team balance perspectve and financlially to take Hedman...

If Tampa nab Tavares, somehow, I'd put good cash on Vinny getting traded to Montreal sometime after.

And check out this Duchene family snap from some years ago:

duce.jpg

Reckon this might just be a foreshadow of future NHL seasons now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carolina win 1 of their last 2, they are guaranteed either the 4 or 5 seed..and i cant see philly slipping lower than 5..

So i think we can lock in a Devils- Pens match up in the 3-6 slot out east..

I think this will be the east match ups..

1-Boston Vs 8-Montreal
2-Washington Vs 7-New York
3-New Jersey Vs 6-Pittsburgh
4-Philadelphia Vs 5-Carolina

Anything can happen in the wests last few days but heres my tip for the western matchups...

1-San Jose Vs 8-Anaheim
2-Detroit Vs 7-St Louis
3-Vancouver Vs 6-Coumbus
4-Chicago Vs 5-Calgary

I think st louis gets 3 of 4 pts and leaps the ducks who get 2 of 4... Vancouver wins both of ther last 2 and calgary drop a game to the oilers, so the cancucks win the division and calgary has to go to chicago...

San Jose and Anaheim would be an exciting 1st round matchup...the sharks will probably take care of them in 6, but it will be very physical..theres been some bad blood between the two this year. (like every year i suppose)

And for those of us focusing on the lottery and draft order..

1) NYI
2) Tampa- Sorry Avs fans
3) Colorado
4) Atlanta
5) LA
6) Phoenix
7) Toronto
8) Dallas
9) Ottawa
10) Edmonton

I cant believe that after their mostly ordinary season, the pens could have home ice if results go their way, sign of a great team.

I could see at least 3 of the current lower seeded teams in the east knocking off the higher ranked team...

Pittsburgh, New York and Carolina are all dangerous..

and who knows what will happen If we get a Montreal boston series...the habs could pull an uspet too.

The East is wise open this year..

I cant believe that after their mostly ordinary season, the pens could have home ice if results go their way, sign of a great team.

I could see at least 3 of the current lower seeded teams in the east knocking off the higher ranked team...

Pittsburgh, New York and Carolina are all dangerous..

and who knows what will happen If we get a Montreal boston series...the habs could pull an uspet too.

The East is wise open this year..
More of a sign that the east is pretty crap when compared to the west.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back