2008-09 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chara and Markov I'll give you, but Green is almost a winger in that his defensive skills aren't great.

East has more offensive talent, West has more defensiveness to it and is also a lot more competitive as evidenced by the fact that there are still two playoff spots up for grabs.

Chara and Markov I'll give you, but Green is almost a winger in that his defensive skills aren't great.

East has more offensive talent, West has more defensiveness to it and is also a lot more competitive as evidenced by the fact that there are still two playoff spots up for grabs.

So because the east's final two playoff spots were determined a game before the west's final two playoff spots the west is a lot more competitive?

How you can say one is more competitive than the other or one is crap and the other isn't is beyond me.

Cant get enough of the kid Zach Bogosion...hes ranked 5th in the league among all defenseman in goals per game, is physical and going to be an absolute stud on the blue line..I really hope Atlanta management can find a way to get this franchise going there is talent there that is fun to watch.

Kovalcuck, little, bogosian, enstrom... even lehtonen can be good, although he is only good for 1 in 4...then sems to go ice cold

Add probably Evander Kane, Matt Duchene or maybe even Tavares, and there is alot of bright spots there,

I'm pretty sure Florida have made the playoffs more than once. They last made it around 2000 with Bure, I think.

Good effort from the Blues if they clinch today, with all the injuries they've had. Jackets making it for the first time is fantastic news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry bout that. We've scored two goals in our last four games, so we needed to keep them to a shutout. Once Boyes scored, we were done.

I know its been official for weeks practically, but last in the west, 15th, with the next above ten points above, its really depressing actually. We're supposed to be a team that's pretty much always in and amongst it, so this is one hell of a fall from grace.

Hopefully we can bounce back next year.

Whats everyones opinions on Franzens contract extension..??

im a bit both ways on it..on one hand the price is good for Detroit about 4 mill per year..the next 3-4 years it will be great value for Detroit

But on the other hand 11 years?? he is 29 at the moment, if he wants to play his career out he will be a 40 year old with a 4 million dollar cap hit..

Not too sure that side of it is a good move...

One of Franzen or Zetterberg's contract will come back to bite Detroit. 10+ year contracts don't do anyone a good service in my opinion, especially the club.

Things already happening in Denver. Francois Giguere stepped down/got sacked as GM, PL takes over as interim. Nice to have a familiar hand on the tiller once again, even if it is interim.

Eric Lacroix, PL's younger brother, potentially the first name on the shortlist of replacements. Can't tell you how so not keen I am on that idea. But time will tell.

Word is that Granato is as good as gone as well, and that we might get a 'clean sweep' of staff, so that'd mean your Jacques Cloutiers, etc., too.

Patrick Roy will be targeted for head coach, and he's proving to be a decent coach in the Q league, he has already won one memorial cup, on track for another, so he could become a good NHL coach.

The question will be whether he likes the offer. I couldn't even fatham a guess. Part of me says he'd love the challenge to come back to the organisation, part of me says he'd rather stay in Canada.

All we know is that Avs fans all year have wanted a shift in management, and the coaches, and we're seemingly going to get it.

One of Franzen or Zetterberg's contract will come back to bite Detroit. 10+ year contracts don't do anyone a good service in my opinion, especially the club.

Things already happening in Denver. Francois Giguere stepped down/got sacked as GM, PL takes over as interim. Nice to have a familiar hand on the tiller once again, even if it is interim.

Eric Lacroix, PL's younger brother, potentially the first name on the shortlist of replacements. Can't tell you how so not keen I am on that idea. But time will tell.

Word is that Granato is as good as gone as well, and that we might get a 'clean sweep' of staff, so that'd mean your Jacques Cloutiers, etc., too.

Patrick Roy will be targeted for head coach, and he's proving to be a decent coach in the Q league, he has already won one memorial cup, on track for another, so he could become a good NHL coach.

The question will be whether he likes the offer. I couldn't even fatham a guess. Part of me says he'd love the challenge to come back to the organisation, part of me says he'd rather stay in Canada.

All we know is that Avs fans all year have wanted a shift in management, and the coaches, and we're seemingly going to get it.

Eric Lacroix is Pierre's son, only 37 years old, former Avs 4th liner.

I would be pissed off as an Avs fan if Pierre Lacroix names his son as the teams new GM without doing interview other prospective GMs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back