Past #5: Ben Warren - drafted with #69 in '06 ND - delisted at end of 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the name mentioned in the other thread "The Milk Truck", as that's what hit the big Bogan.

Hopefully his courage (aka "The Milk Bottle") will become an example to the rest of the team.

P.S. Reading the title, thread needs more pics of Gregory Peck in The Boys From Brazil.

Don't think I can recall a more serious case of man-love for any North player since Carey, mid-90s.

His hit on Brogan will live in my memory for years, not just the rest of the season.

Seriously, can anyone find any fault with the guy? I can't. Embodies everything I love about North and seems to have no weaknesses. Love him to bits. Such a great example for the rest of the guys.

With Ziebell obviously in a similar mould, and hopefully Cunnington also, if reports are right (have yet to see him play live or on TV) we might have a core of inspirational hard nuts to really lead the team in a way they haven't been led since, well, our premiership years. Thoughts?

If I had to bring up something I'd say he needs to become more of one grab mark. He fumbles a bit too often with his marking, but it's just a technique thing.

I am a big fan.

He seems to be having a bit of a concentration issue lately though. I have lost count of the amount of times he has dropped simple marks or fumbled handball receives this year. Seems to spend it before he's got it and can definitely improve there. Could keep his feet better at times. The positives far outweigh any negatives though at this stage.
Been a bit of a problem with him since he came to the club.

Watching him in the VFL a couple of seasons ago he would make the effort to get into the right position and then just lose concentration and drop the mark.

You can tell he worked hard in this area last year but seems he has regressed a little.

Lets hope he keeps his focus.

'Bino Warren's complexion should keep him at North.
Can't imagine him heading back to Queensland unless all GC's home games are at night,
or they throw in a third party sponsorship with a sunscreen manufacturer.

There is a perfect example of those concentration issues. Looking somewhere else whilst having a shot for goal. Focus Milky, focus.

I'm on board, but I was disappointed with his game on the weekend. It's hard to tell sometimes on the tele too, but I thought some of his second efforts were luke warm. First time I've thought that about him. Hope he works on that.

But still a gun. Roos version of Brad Johnson.

I'm on board, but I was disappointed with his game on the weekend. It's hard to tell sometimes on the tele too, but I thought some of his second efforts were luke warm. First time I've thought that about him. Hope he works on that.

But still a gun. Roos version of Brad Johnson.

Yep agree 100% on last week's performance
he was a bit off, but he try's harder than any other north player in our squad. how old is Ben Warren?:thumbsu:

Yep agree 100% on last week's performance
he was a bit off, but he try's harder than any other north player in our squad. how old is Ben Warren?:thumbsu:

A bit off. Dont you mean alot off. He could try harder, he is not trying enough. Ben is as old as you want him to be.

Bens chest marking was average on the weekend and needs to improve His hit on Brogan was awesome.Agree with SB Dan and needs to improve secomds efforts.
Big improvement from last year.He will come under the radar now from all clubs and can expect tougher oppentents from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have taken all of your feedback on board and you can all **** yourselves. You try taking a mark in those conditions after running 100 metres to make position you fat bastards.

Oh by the way TT, I need to apply for a new nickname that won't give away my true identity. I was thinking of The Milk Truck..D'oh!

Does he remind anyone else of a Craig Scholl with a set of balls?

Wasn't Scholl the ultimate one grab player.

Wazza's fumbling is almost like he's got a klutz aspect that rears its head unpredictably. Dunno if it's something you can work on. Apart from that he's very impressive.

No personal crud thanks lads (whippa and Bigeasy). We're on the same team :footy:

Originally Posted by Bigeasy
Oh by the way TT, I need to apply for a new nickname that won't give away my true identity. I was thinking of The Milk Truck..D'oh!

By the look of your sunburnt GC17 body, you've been drinking too much Strawberry milk, Milky. Back to the vanilla for you.

Looks line 6 of the new crew can be described as hard nuts with 5 primarily midfielders. Milky as a hard nut forward with the gas to run up the ground to add to the midfield pain dished out by Ziebell, Cunnigton, Greenwood, Swallow and Adams, although you could argue that the last two are just tough buggers and not really pain inflictors. Still, Z, Cunners and Levi will scare teams into taking short steps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back