Review R5: Port v Gold Coast review

Remove this Banner Ad

And the club wonders why it has no supporters when we have to put up with 40 of the most pea hearted bunch of ***** thats ever represented Port Adelaide. This is just the crescendo of s**t that this club has sadly become. Was always going to happen, and was always going to be us.

RIP Port Adelaide. Respect gone forever.

If we are honest, this result was always likely. Once GC started to use the ball better and stopped turning it over, we were screwed.

The club has now reached its lowest ebb. Good luck to them trying to fight out of it with the insiped, soft and useless footballers they currently have representing them.

It is the supporters I feel for, well, except that clown that is always trolling my club. It is the supporters that have to pick up the pieces and live with the shame and indignity.

Hang in there guys.

Its just so much of the same s**t. A game we are incredible favourites to win and the players take it easy. And they did take it easy. If there was a fumble count, ours would have been in the hundreds. Just about every time we went near the ball we either fumbled a ground ball or dropped a mark. Sound like a broken record but once again we just dont have the ability to stop an oppositions momentum. I dunno if the players were stuffed after last week but the clearance count must have been about 40-2 in the second half. Ive never seen a midfield comprehensively thrashed like that since probably the 07 GF, another great day in our history.

What more can you say? I could really rip into about 12 players but I just cant be ****ed anymore. Whats the point. It wont change. The piss weak attitude has gone viral right through our club and its turned it into without doubt the biggest laughing stock of a sporting club in the country by some way.

I'm sick of this s**t. Pour money out hand over fist, cheer my heart out and we have to put up with that.

Yay.

I'm glad this year I didn't get ahead of myself after last week. Cos I feel so goddamn embarrassed I can't begin to imagine what I would have felt if I had faith in our coach, our team and our gameplan. Wow.

Matthew Primus will never lead us to a premiership.. I will be surprised if he leads us to the finals.

I can't imagine us keeping too many Victorian draft picks anymore.

Congratulations Port Adelaide. Definitely history in the making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the selectors basically gave the players the message:

"Don't worry about this game, guys - hell we're not even gonna play our #1 ruckman!"

Bloody idiots.

I'm also pretty bloody pissed off that Primus apparently couldn't make the guys understand that the difference between any 2 teams on a given day is at most a few percent - and that they have to play their asses off to win - even against GCS.

I'd like to know why Primus moved Surjan whilst he was tearing the heart out of the Gold Coast from the roaming forward role to the back pocket in a position where he couldn't effect the outcome of the game? The roll over of this was pushing Tom Logan up the ground and relying on Jason Davenport to impact the game. Let's be honest, we all know how this one plays out. Once that move was made there was no desperation up forward and our midfield collectively lost their work rate.

I'm convinced after watching the final quarter that our coaching box is tactically inept and it's probably time for a purge of the entire football operations department starting with Rohde and Falloon.

As for Alipate what does one say to that? What does one say to the collective inability to lift your work rate as a group and be a team that only plays when it feels like it?

I feel sick to my core.

Excellent review yet again, Macca. Straight to the point. Fumble count unbelievable, even in the 3rd. How does one club produce consistently groups of alleged professionals who dish that sort of **** up so consistently in big games ? We need a new word to describe it, right up there with Richmonded and Fremantled. We are now the officially the biggest laughing stock going. I'm just numb right now and about to get a whole lot number.

This pathetic effort is a mirror image of oue of our first wins - 40 point down against the Dogs interstate and win it.

Well I don't usually go overboard but it's time for the pretenders to come out of the closet. I do not blame Primus for this captulation - it's the collective mental weakness that has been around for a few years now.

Carlile - a great impression of a statue today. It's amazing what you can do when you use your arms, bend your back and actually put yourself in the play. Please tell us that you have signed with GWS so that we can find another fullback.
Pittard - big headed. Learn to keep crawling before you can walk.
Salopek - in the comfort zone of another contract. Too slow now.
Hitchcock - headless chook. No value.
Davenport - witches hat. No value.
Rodan - other that last weeks cameo, is now past it with his knees not up to it.
Gray - don't play if you are not fit.
Stewart - you can't play on 5 minutes of effort.
Cornes - puffing out your chest doesn't get you the ball.

This season must now be used to play all of the other players on our list and forget the need for any wins.

Subbing off a midfield rotation player in Rodan with 10-12 mins left in the third quarter and leaving Hitchy on to 'play' a full 4 quarters was genius.

Make no mistake, our coaches box is filled chock-a-block to the brim with imbeciles.

As Geddy Lee used to sing (and still does sometimes on tour) - "The more that things change...the more they stay the same."

We are an embarrassment. I apologise to anyone around Bay 126 for my swearing as I left but as soon as they went in front I knew it was over.

Subbing off a midfield rotation player in Rodan with 10-12 mins left in the third quarter and leaving Hitchy on to 'play' a full 4 quarters was genius.

Make no mistake, our coaches box is filled chock-a-block to the brim with imbeciles.

But but but we were 40 points up

Excellent review yet again, Macca. Straight to the point. Fumble count unbelievable, even in the 3rd. How does one club produce consistently groups of alleged professionals who dish that sort of **** up so consistently in big games ? We need a new word to describe it, right up there with Richmonded and Fremantled. We are now the officially the biggest laughing stock going. I'm just numb right now and about to get a whole lot number.
Yep, it's sad, but we have fully entered the Richmond cycle. Unquestionably.

Read an article in Inside Footy this week about Matthew Scarlett, about how if you weren't putting in, putting your head over the footy, he would call you out and you WILL respond to it. Who the **** is that player for us? Who do Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Alipate Carlile et al feel they've let down when we put in shithouse humiliating efforts like that?

NO ONE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back