Review Round 17, 2023 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

The hitout stats went

Q1: Witts 13, Casboult 1 v Hayes 8, Dixon 1
Q2: Witts 13, Casboult 1 v Hayes 1, Dixon 1, Finlayson 1
Q3: Witts 8, Casboult 1 v Hayes 3, Dixon 2, Finlayson 1
Q4: Witts 10, Casboult 2 v Hayes 6, Dixon 2

First 3 center bounces in Q3 had Hayes. He won at least one tap, and nullified Witts in the others. We won all 3 clearances.

Dixon went for the fourth, when were already 12 pts ahead.

First 3 center bounces in Q3 had Hayes. He won at least one tap, and nullified Witts in the others. We won all 3 clearances.

Dixon went for the fourth, when were already 12 pts ahead.
Hayes had 10 disposals at 70% disposal efficiency. 6 tackles, 6 1%ers, 1 mark, 2 inside 50’s. And negated the oppos taps very well. Not bad for an extinct dinosaur destined for the afl glue factory in his first game of the year & 8th afl career game v Witts, an established, dominant, senior ruck.
Only time I felt Witt’s was getting on top was in the 2nd qtr when Witt’s took a couple of marks on centre wing but that was short lived.
It’s an interesting psychological phenomena how people decide to write a player off early then stubbornly hold their ground regardless of reality. I used to bag Amon and Rozee a bit but was very happy when they came good and quite happy to admit I was wrong.

Just like to say I was on the Dew sacking flight, this is now my brush with football fame.

Did he steal all the players' airline food? Was that the final straw?

Did he steal all the players' airline food? Was that the final straw?
Witts took up the isle doing stretches so the entire plane didnt get complimentary service.

Witts took up the isle doing stretches so the entire plane didnt get complimentary service.

The big dufus. That's why nobody likes ruckmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back