Review Round 6, 2023 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What I liked about Teakle is that he was at least mobile enough to make the opposition ruck accountable.

It was nice not to have the opposition ruck just dropping into the hole unattended taking mark after mark.

I noticed a couple of time Teakle actually drew him right back to the goal square so our forwards had space to lead.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah held him to only 21 disposals and 13 clearances, well done Teaks.

A guy who was only averaging 12 disposals before today, by the way.

Wines did plenty for a guy who only played 65% gametime.
If he is injured to a point he can only play 65% game time he shouldn’t be sticking up his hand. Far out. Give mead a good run at it in the middle. He’s only played as a hff so far and that’s not his role.

If he is injured to a point he can only play 65% game time he shouldn’t be sticking up his hand. Far out. Give mead a good run at it in the middle. He’s only played as a hff so far and that’s not his role.
65% of Ollie is a better footballer than 100% of Mead. Mead is just one of many of our 'depth' players who isn't AFL quality.

What I liked about Teakle is that he was at least mobile enough to make the opposition ruck accountable.

It was nice not to have the opposition ruck just dropping into the hole unattended taking mark after mark.

I noticed a couple of time Teakle actually drew him right back to the goal square so our forwards had space to lead.

Please explain how Teakle made the opposition ruck ‘accountable’ when the dude had 21 touches (16 contested) and 37 hit outs and 13 clearances.
That is probably ironically the least accountable game of football I’ve seen. Terrible take.

Please explain how Teakle made the opposition ruck ‘accountable’ when the dude had 21 touches (16 contested) and 37 hit outs and 13 clearances.
That is probably ironically the least accountable game of football I’ve seen. Terrible take.
Williams 21 disposals and 13 clearances lead to a total of 0 score involvements and 7 turnovers.

Teakle had 34 hit outs as well, including 13 to advantage (more than Williams). I by no means think Teakle had a particularly good game but this idea that Williams was much better is fanciful. I think we probably planned to split the ruck a lot more between Finlayson and Teakle as well, but Marshall’s injury obviously changed that.

I didn't see todays game, but Nankervis had 29 touches, 42 hitouts, 3 votes against Teakle last year. and Lycett kept walking the ball out of the ruck in the internal trial. How do these decisions get made?

You can’t question Tony Soprano and friends’ list management m8

The opposition ruck had 13 clearances. Nothing else matters. A couple handfuls of largely ineffectual possessions and a stack of poorly directed hit outs meant zero.

Williams 21 disposals and 13 clearances lead to a total of 0 score involvements and 7 turnovers.

Teakle had 34 hit outs as well, including 13 to advantage (more than Williams). I by no means think Teakle had a particularly good game but this idea that Williams was much better is fanciful. I think we probably planned to split the ruck a lot more between Finlayson and Teakle as well, but Marshall’s injury obviously changed that.
The 'fanciful' idea that seems to be shared by 99% of other posters on this board that watched the game? As well as the Champion Data rankings, which had Bailey Williams on 133 points today, having only previously topped 90 once before today in his career?

For some reason everyone on this board seems to be on the side of 'Jonas is still good' or 'Jonas was never good'. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. He was good. He isn't anymore.
I wrote him off early days. I was wrong. He was a decent footballer and plenty good enough to have played a lot of footy.

Should he have ever been captain? Well that's gotta be debatable and IMO no.

Is he good enough to still be captain? No.

In my opinion, Jonas is actually symptomatic of our larger problems, and has actually probably held us back. He was never tall enough for the role he fills and whilst we had a few good years out of him, I think his presence has prevented us driving harder for the type of key back we've desperately needed for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just didn’t happen hey.

Not only did Williams have 21 touches, but Teakle wasn’t following him around the ground. He was hanging back but just had no influence at all outside of stoppages.

I read this as a sensational individual effort didn't help a s**t team. It doesn't take away from the individual effort, nor the failing of Teakle. Live in denial all you want, but persist with Teakle and we'll get destroyed by any half decent ruck. We're lucky that today Teakle was playing against arguably the worst current 1st ruck (given their injuries) in the comp.

I read this as a sensational individual effort didn't help a s**t team. It doesn't take away from the individual effort, nor the failing of Teakle. Live in denial all you want, but persist with Teakle and we'll get destroyed by any half decent ruck. We're lucky that today Teakle was playing against arguably the worst current 1st ruck (given their injuries) in the comp.
The second worst. Teakle is the worst. Last week Lycett was the worst.

Had to laugh when 50 was given against Aliir for stepping 1cm over the mark, meanwhile players crash into marking players back, other players hang onto the ball after a free/mark is paid against them and no problem.

I love how Allir's best work is done just off camera. He's standing all by himself, perfectly balanced and ready to take the mark as the camera pans to him, while his immediate opponent is flying violently headlong sideways or forward. His core strength must be outrageous.

The 'fanciful' idea that seems to be shared by 99% of other posters on this board that watched the game? As well as the Champion Data rankings, which had Bailey Williams on 133 points today, having only previously topped 90 once before today in his career?
Zero score involvements. That means West Coast didn't score once from a chain started by a Bailey Williams clearance.

Zero score involvements. That means West Coast didn't score once from a chain started by a Bailey Williams clearance.
Because West Coast are a dogshit side with about three good players. Really not sure how you think that's a defence of Teakle giving up career high hitouts, clearances and Supercoach points and 2nd career high disposals to his opponent tonight.

Teakle was better on replay than i expected. His ruckwork was bad, but some of his link up work was alright.

Lord was great. Some of his efforts were superb for a debutant.

65% of Ollie is a better footballer than 100% of Mead. Mead is just one of many of our 'depth' players who isn't AFL quality.
But what about swapping a crocked Wines for 100% of Bonner? Boak can go back in the guts and Bonner could take up Boak's wing role.

Just hate the mentality of grinding underdone players into the dirt. Surely the team would be better served if Wines rested and recovered properly from his injury, and then came back in the second half of the year to boost a tiring young midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back