Review Round 6, 2023 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels very 2018 at the moment. Scrappy, unimpressive wins. A few injuries is all it's going to take to tip this shaky thing over.
After the collective talk about relief of making it through the tough first 5, we play the top 2 in the next 2 games. Could easily be 4-4. To be taken seriously we really need to win both.

You maybe right but his presence made some constructive results. With Lycett we dont get a look in.
Na Teakle was s**t, got hammered and we looked a far worse team for it. All whilst playing against a C grade ruck.

I wanted Lycett dropped, but Teakle isn't, wasn't, and will never be the right rucking option. He makes Ladhams look like a unicorn.

Last edited:

You maybe right but his presence made some constructive results. With Lycett we dont get a look in.
I thought Teakle was ok today: yes, he was well beaten in the square but he can jump and runs to both ends of the ground.
His impact dropped away after being injured but he still played on and won 34 bit-outs.

It may take some time for him to gell with the other players but I prefer him to the limping Lycett.
If nothing else, it should challenge Lycett to do more.

Not over inspiring but a win is a win I guess . Ollie Lord started off really good which was promising , likes Is style of hitting the contest hard and dishing off the handball , he faded appearing to run out of legs but it was quite a good debut for a big guy.
Teakle was the same he was ok in the first half but faded .
I thought Williams was excellent when he came on
Rozee was good , Finlayson and Drew were excellent.
They played a very wide keepers off kind of game with plenty of willing runners so whenever they got on top contested ball wise they were competitive.
Bit of a ho hum game but we did enough to get a comfortable win .
Next

The key ingredient being his hands. Like an elite point guard in close.

Cassisi the same, no great shakes to write home 'bout but in n under, his hands were good.

As good as Drews game was some finesse with his kicking wouldn't go a stray. Don't get me wrong he's an undervalued talent... just say'in.

Jonas was fine. I was at the southern end and his timing and decision making were all I could have asked for. I'm not aware of anything different when West Coast were attacking at the other end. The mean girls are sniping here as they always do but that's not where the opinion that matters lies.
He played maybe the worst game I've ever seen from a port captain.

Na Teakle was s**t, got hammered and we looked a far worse team for it. All whilst playing against a C grade ruck.

I wanted Lycett dropped, but Teakle isn't, wasn't, and will never be the rucking option. He makes Ladhams look like a unicorn.

No Ladhams isn’t very good.
Switch the television on.
The rest of your post stacks up but for the Ladhams bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty impressed by Lord. Presented well, a few decent grabs, brought the ball to ground well (and directed it towards our players), and really clean hands - a few impressive goal assists for his size. 1 goal with 5 score involvements was decent. Especially given Marshall being out early put more pressure on him.

Also thought Burton’s cameo up forward was decent. 2 goals and 3 marks inside 50 is a pretty good return in essentially 1 half, albeit against a pretty depleted defence. Allowed Williams to get some consistency playing down abck as well.

Yep that's the problem with picking someone like Teakle that's no good, they pick him knowing he's easy to drop to get Lycett back in. Lycett is playing light game time tomorrow and coming straight back in next week 100%.
The club is cooked if this happens. It will actually make me angry.

And this is already written and will happen.

I thought Teakle was ok today: yes, he was well beaten in the square but he can jump and runs to both ends of the ground.
His impact dropped away after being injured but he still played on and won 34 bit-outs.

It may take some time for him to gell with the other players but I prefer him to the limping Lycett.
Beaten by a s**t ruckman....

I remember telling people Jonas wasn't a good enough player to be captain from the beginning, now you have the cooked version.

hE mAdE tHe Aa SqUaD oNcE herpa derpa
He absolutely was a good enough player when we made him captain. Him being bad now 4 years later because he's too old doesn't retroactively mean you were right 4 years ago.

For some reason everyone on this board seems to be on the side of 'Jonas is still good' or 'Jonas was never good'. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. He was good. He isn't anymore.

Last edited:
Teakle was not ok, he was the main reason why West Coast were able to stay vaguely competitive, had us starting on the back foot at nearly every stoppage.
And his opponent played statistically the best game of his career by an absolute mile.

For some reason everyone on this board seems to be on the side of 'Jonas is still good' or 'Jonas was never good. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. He was good. He isn't anymore.
He was good when he belted Gaff.

We are incredibly soft. We had no reason not to put the foot down, play fast aggressive attacking footy and win by 80 to 90 points.. If not more.. instead we just fiddled around playing mostly bruise free, just doing enough to get by. Same old soft piss week attitude that’s got us nowhere for years..

I wanted Lycett dropped, but Teakle isn't, wasn't, and will never be the right rucking option. He makes Ladhams look like a unicorn.
What I liked about Teakle is that he was at least mobile enough to make the opposition ruck accountable.

It was nice not to have the opposition ruck just dropping into the hole unattended taking mark after mark.

I noticed a couple of time Teakle actually drew him right back to the goal square so our forwards had space to lead.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. I'd keep him in.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back