Rate my SuperCoach team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Goddard, Deledio, H Shaw, B Waters, B Lake, T Bugg, P Yagmoor (W Sierakowski, B Wilkes)

Ablett, Swan, Swallow, J Selwood, D Martin, D Sheil (D Tyson, S Gibson)

Goldstein, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephensen)

Franklin, Fyfe, M Robinson, A Treloar, D Zorko, A Saad, Dev Smith (T Walsh, T Couch)

$59,900 left

Thanks

After about a dozen attempts at putting a decent team together and hundreds of trades, I think I've finally chosen a team to stick with for now (but this is likely to change after the NAB cup). My only concern is some of the mid-range players in the forward line...

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Burgoyne, Lake, Bower, Morris [Smedts, Wilkes]

Midfielders: Ablett (C), S.Mitchell (VC), Fyfe, Martin, Shuey, Shiel [S.Gibson, T.Mitchell]

Rucks: Kreuzer, Stephensen [Giles, Witts]

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Kennedy, Ballantyne, Howe, Matera, Pfeiffer [Zorko, Treloar]

$94,000 left in the salary cap.

Criticism and feedback would be fantastic, cheers!

Hi All,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Goddard, Deledio, H Shaw, B Waters, B Lake, T Bugg, P Yagmoor (W Sierakowski, B Wilkes)

Ablett, Swan, Swallow, J Selwood, D Martin, D Sheil (D Tyson, S Gibson)

Goldstein, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephensen)

Franklin, Fyfe, M Robinson, A Treloar, D Zorko, A Saad, Dev Smith (T Walsh, T Couch)

$59,900 left

Thanks

imo, if you're gonna pick d. martin, put him in your forwards and pick another midfield rookie instead of having so many fwd rookies.

Any pointers?

http://i44.tinypic.com/kybo2.png <--- larger image

kybo2.png

Here's my first crack at a team for the year...

Def
Goddard B, Deledio B, Shaw H, Burgoyne S, Lake B, Clarke M, Ellis B
(Curran T, Wilkes B)

Mid
Ablett G, Swan D, Thompson S, Barlow M, Didak A, Coniglio S
(Brown L, Mitchell T)

Ruck
Mumford S, Naitanui N
(Witts J, Pattison A)

Fwd
Franklin L, Pavlich M, Riewoldt N, Christensen A, Zorko D, Smedts B, Rowe S
(Walsh T, Kerridge S)

So my thinking so far,
Curran and Smedts Def/Fwd cover
Pattison/Rowe Ruck/Fwd cover

Barlow seems to be well priced imo.
Didak, if he can find his form then he is very cheap at 336k. So bit of a risk there.
Lake seems like a bargain to me.

Unsure about Burgoyne, Thompson and Christensen. Thompson was great last year though.

Nick Nat I think is a tad of a risk, but I think he had a good year last year and will be better this.

Thoughts are always appreciated :D

Def
(Curran T, Wilkes B)

Mid
(Brown L, Mitchell T)

Ruck
Mumford S, Naitanui N
(Witts J, Pattison A)

Fwd
(Walsh T, Kerridge S)

So my thinking so far,

Didak, if he can find his form then he is very cheap at 336k. So bit of a risk there.

Unsure about Burgoyne, Thompson and Christensen. Thompson was great last year though.

Nick Nat I think is a tad of a risk, but I think he had a good year last year and will be better this.

Didak's injured mate.

Def
(Curran T, Wilkes B)

Mid
(Brown L, Mitchell T)

Ruck
Mumford S, Naitanui N
(Witts J, Pattison A)

Fwd
(Walsh T, Kerridge S)

So my thinking so far,

There are better options than Curran, have a look at Smedts or Morris. Otherwise, your backline is good. Contrary to popular belief, I believe Burgoyne is a safe pick given his price, and Lake would be worth the punt considering he isn't even $300k.

Barlow and Didak are risks considering their injuries. Not to mention Didak's form slump last year. These two players may not even be ready for round one. Perhaps consider some other mid-priced players who will definitely get games (e.g. Matera or even Melksham). But then again if Didak/Barlow fire up and play well then they are definitely worth the investment.

For the rucks, I personally wouldn't pick Pattison. Giles, Stephensen and Witts would be better choices in the long run. Naitanui is an impact player so he may not score as many SC points as one would expect. I think Kreuzer would be a better option as he is relatively cheap and has performed very well in the intra-club matches.

Finally for the forward line, I'm not sure where or how Nick Riewoldt will rack up massive SC scores this season. Teams are figuring out his playing style and it is increasingly harder for him to take the big contested marks in the forward line nowadays. Perhaps if he is moved to the midfield more often, then maybe a solid choice. The rest are OK, although I'd say you have one too many rookies in that forward line. Also remember that Zorko is currently injured so be wary of his selection prospects for round one. All in all, a solid team.

Here is my team once again, feedback and criticism would be much appreciated :thumbsu:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Burgoyne, Lake, Bower, Morris [Smedts, Wilkes]

Midfielders: Ablett (C), S.Mitchell (VC), Fyfe, Martin, Shuey, Shiel [S.Gibson, T.Mitchell]

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Kennedy, Ballantyne, Howe, Matera, Pfeiffer [Zorko, Treloar]

Too many uniques, mid pricers in my opinion. Too much can go wrong with your last 5 forwards and your rucks is a recipe for disaster. Your backs are even too risky imo with Heppell, Burgoyne, Lake and Bower. I try to start with 3-4 proven, durable backs, mids, forwards to at least get you to 10-14 premiums and go from there. A gun/rookie approach has been quite successful the last few years.

What's the board consensus on the second year rule this season anyway? I haven't looked through enough teams yet but Fyfe and Martin blew that rule out of the water last year...even with Fyfe's dodgy shoulders.

Too many uniques, mid pricers in my opinion. Too much can go wrong with your last 5 forwards and your rucks is a recipe for disaster. Your backs are even too risky imo with Heppell, Burgoyne, Lake and Bower. I try to start with 3-4 proven, durable backs, mids, forwards to at least get you to 10-14 premiums and go from there. A gun/rookie approach has been quite successful the last few years.
So hypothetically, you're suggesting 4 premiums and 3 rookies?

So hypothetically, you're suggesting 4 premiums and 3 rookies?

Probably not so black and white as that but I think you need to limit your mid pricers, discounted players. I know the scope/role/JS outweighs that of a rookie priced player but at the same time, rookies cost infinitely less and have much better scope to improve in price (quickly).

This is why Prompts, PK, etc have been successful historically because getting the right premiums and rookies first up means you have to do less upgrading later, as opposed to running the risk of a mid pricer strategy where some may faulter and will have to be upgraded anyway and you lose the cash generating power of a rookie.

At the same time, I'm not dismissing the idea of a mid pricer, I dont think it's possible this year not to have at least one if you're loading up with super premiums.

Probably not so black and white as that but I think you need to limit your mid pricers, discounted players. I know the scope/role/JS outweighs that of a rookie priced player but at the same time, rookies cost infinitely less and have much better scope to improve in price (quickly).

This is why Prompts, PK, etc have been successful historically because getting the right premiums and rookies first up means you have to do less upgrading later, as opposed to running the risk of a mid pricer strategy where some may faulter and will have to be upgraded anyway and you lose the cash generating power of a rookie.

At the same time, I'm not dismissing the idea of a mid pricer, I dont think it's possible this year not to have at least one if you're loading up with super premiums.

I like your thinking. I'll do a bit more experimenting, but how is this?

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Buntine, Smedts, Morris [Wilkes, Mohr]

Midfielders: Ablett, S.Mitchell, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Coniglio, S.Gibson [Kavanagh, T.Mitchell]

Rucks: Mumford, Stephensen [Giles, Witts]

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, Pavlich, Martin, Pfeiffer, T.Walsh [Zorko, Treloar]

$23,900 left.

5 premiums in the forward line, offset by 3 premiums in the midfield with a mid-range player (Dangerfield). Also 4 premiums in the backline with rookies very likely to get games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didak's injured mate.

I had read he should be right for round 1... will change it if it looks like he wont be.

There are better options than Curran, have a look at Smedts or Morris. Otherwise, your backline is good. Contrary to popular belief, I believe Burgoyne is a safe pick given his price, and Lake would be worth the punt considering he isn't even $300k.

Barlow and Didak are risks considering their injuries. Not to mention Didak's form slump last year. These two players may not even be ready for round one. Perhaps consider some other mid-priced players who will definitely get games (e.g. Matera or even Melksham). But then again if Didak/Barlow fire up and play well then they are definitely worth the investment.

For the rucks, I personally wouldn't pick Pattison. Giles, Stephensen and Witts would be better choices in the long run. Naitanui is an impact player so he may not score as many SC points as one would expect. I think Kreuzer would be a better option as he is relatively cheap and has performed very well in the intra-club matches.

Finally for the forward line, I'm not sure where or how Nick Riewoldt will rack up massive SC scores this season. Teams are figuring out his playing style and it is increasingly harder for him to take the big contested marks in the forward line nowadays. Perhaps if he is moved to the midfield more often, then maybe a solid choice. The rest are OK, although I'd say you have one too many rookies in that forward line. Also remember that Zorko is currently injured so be wary of his selection prospects for round one. All in all, a solid team.

Here is my team once again, feedback and criticism would be much appreciated :thumbsu:

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it.

Im obviously not as well versed in SC as you are, but found it interesting you dont have one of Swan/Pendles in there, if only to cancel out the score of your opposition. Sorry cant really comment on much else :p

Like it west coast eagles. You'll definitely score consistently higher with that set up IMO. Danger is an interesting one. Adelaide have a favourable run and he keeps showing signs of improvement esp if he gets a run in the guts like they keep promising. Could be a very decent smokey.

Updated.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Sam Fisher, Pearce Hanley, Marty Clarke, Steven Morris, Billie Smedts
Luke Brown, Beau Wilkes

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff, Adam Treloar, James McDonald
Sam Gibson, Brendan Lee

Dean Cox, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Tom Derickx

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Matthew Pavlich, Paul Chapman, Israel Folau, Jeremy Cameron, Tommy Walsh
Sam Kerridge, Sam Rowe

In: Rockliff Kreuzer Kerridge
Out: Barlow Sylvia Banfield

Think it is a good team but I'll let you be the judges.

Not really an expert on SC but thinking about running with one of these two options:

screenshot20120219at628.png

Thoughts?

I like the look of this on the whole. Just a few things...
Unless you think Tuohy is going to be a 90ppg+ break-out premium then you've got better options...either a cheaper rookie to make you money or a more expensive premium to get you points.
I have the same feeling about Gaff. Is he going to be in the top 6-10 mids at the end of the year? No. So, maybe not someone you want to have in your team.
I'd strongly advise against West as he's definitely not going to be one of the top scoring rucks and is at that "awkward price."
Maybe downgrade Tuohy and upgrade West to a Mumford/McEvoy/Leuenberger and then downgrade Gaff and upgrade Beams to a super premium like Swan.
Forwards look good overall. Only thing is Fyfe has the shoulder worry. Maybe take Pav who's a wee bit cheaper and probably will score better for at least the first half of the season. My two concerns are Dangerfield and Brown. If his name wasn't enough to ward you off he has never really broken out and I don't think he ever will. And, Brown, I think he's past it and won't score that well and, even at that price, just isn't worth it. If it were me, I'd rookiefy Brown and premiumify Dangerfield. Also, watch Saad closely. He might be a reliable pick but may not score that well.

I've gone for a different take on things with this latest draft. Something that I've generally advised against, I might take a punt on, a 5 premium MID line.

My thoughts behind this:
Short on solid backline premiums this time round so a wait-and-see approach is beneficial and there are a few rookies to fill places there.
With the forward line there are, again, quite a few decent rookies (especially MPPs) to fill spots, but there are also plenty of premiums/breakouts this year so it's good to fill up on those more expensive players.
With the ruck, it's very tough to choose between the rucks and this is one of those years where a 3 rookie ruck can work with Giles looking the money and a good point-scorer. Therefore, can wait-and-see here.
With the midfield, I think one can say with some confidence who some of the top midfielders are and can therefore pick them from the start. As far as cheap rookies go, the midfield is a bit harder to pick them and therefore it's slightly lighter-on with rookies at that price range. That said, there is quite a bit of choice, so there is a bit of a compromise, particularly as MIDs tend to become cash-cows quite quickly.

My team (click for larger image):

I'm wondering about whether I should have Mitchell and/or Selwood and/or Priddis in that midfield line-up.

Also Shiel vs McDonald? Wondering about some of my rookies generally...

What are your thoughts, BigFooty community?

2nd shot at the team. got enough cash left over to do something.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Sucking, Lake, M.Clarke, Docherty, Buntine ( Wilkes, Smedts)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Ross, McDonald, Mitchell, S.Gibson

Rucks: Mumford, Kruuuuuuz (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Porplyzia, Sidebottom, Saad, Walsh (Zorko, Rowe)

Cash Left $225,700

2nd shot at the team. got enough cash left over to do something.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Sucking, Lake, M.Clarke, Docherty, Buntine ( Wilkes, Smedts)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Ross, McDonald, Mitchell, S.Gibson

Rucks: Mumford, Kruuuuuuz (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Porplyzia, Sidebottom, Saad, Walsh (Zorko, Rowe)

Cash Left $225,700

Just a few observations mate,
Docherty is injured an unlikely to play much atleast in the first half of the year.
Lake suspect still, Monitor his NAB Cup
Clarke injured aswell and still not guarenteed a spot in the starting 22
Buntine, while i rate him as player apparently Sheeds thinks he's a little bit off
Ross/Saad will find it hard to get game time ahead of Saints mids
Mitchell is injured and unlikely to play much the start of the year
Walsh while he might get a few games this year wont be a massive stats getter.

Sorry if it sounds like potshot at your side mate im just informing you of current situations of some of the players you've picked!
Use some of your $225k for some upgrades my man! :thumbsu:

So Guys my side currently looks like this:

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, R.Shaw, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis
Emg: Wilkes, Smedts

CTR: Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Hayes, Stevens, McDonald
Emg: L.Brown, S.Gibson

RUCK: Leuenberger, Giles
Emg: Derickx, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Hurley, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Pfieffer
Emg: Cameron, Weedon

A few notes ill make before hand, My Backline is my Cash cow station, after scouring Prospectus/SC Gold im going to look into players such as R.Shaw who has a low BE but high Projected total as someone who ill be able to make some money off and still score ok along the way!
Grimes is someone ill give 1 more chance too, 1st sign of injury and he's goneski!
Hargrave seemed to move well on saturday night so happy to have him in the early rounds considering his ability to score well when fit!

As for the Mids, Stevens is boarderline, falling for abit of preseason hype atm but will monitor his NAB Cup and if he still does nothing then ill replace with a rookie.

Rucks im taking a massive risk here playing just berger with Giles but he will play and make some cash, enough for me to upgrade around bye time anyways

Fwds its only really Porps thats got me fence sitting, no1 else around the price thats worth considering atm so will watch some fwd rookies to see if anyone will be worth replacing him with! Pfieffer will stay aslong as he gets upgraded, if not he's gone too!

Thoughts guys? Happy with it, needs improvement, complete shithouse???? let me know!
Cheers

Just a few observations mate,
Docherty is injured an unlikely to play much atleast in the first half of the year.
Lake suspect still, Monitor his NAB Cup
Clarke injured aswell and still not guarenteed a spot in the starting 22
Buntine, while i rate him as player apparently Sheeds thinks he's a little bit off
Ross/Saad will find it hard to get game time ahead of Saints mids
Mitchell is injured and unlikely to play much the start of the year
Walsh while he might get a few games this year wont be a massive stats getter.

Sorry if it sounds like potshot at your side mate im just informing you of current situations of some of the players you've picked!
Use some of your $225k for some upgrades my man! :thumbsu:

cheers mate. all those mentioned were subject to change after the nab cup anyway so no big deal, except lake who i think may be worth the punt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back