Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

no sicily.. rowan marshall.. rory laird at 700k! and redman!?

i applaud your genious buttox but i cant wait to hear the reasonings behind these picks.
Hawks are tanking Sicily will get frustrated and likely snot someone. (guessing I had to leave one 600k defender out and he is it)
Roma is due for a good season. Im not welded onto the pick just yet he may become nicnat.
Laird is the closest thing we have to a perma captain. first picked.
Redman should go premo i reckon this year he had great patches of form last year and im prepared to take the risk at d5.
I also made this team in 35 seconds to get on the first page of this thread.

Hawks are tanking Sicily will get frustrated and likely snot someone. (guessing I had to leave one 600k defender out and he is it)
Roma is due for a good season. Im not welded onto the pick just yet he may become nicnat.
Laird is the closest thing we have to a perma captain. first picked.
Redman should go premo i reckon this year he had great patches of form last year and im prepared to take the risk at d5.
I also made this team in 35 seconds to get on the first page of this thread.
true. maybe a good idea to just update my op rather than post another 419 versions of my team..

for some reason i cant place laird that far above someone like macrae steele walsh or brayshaw..

usually the team we make in less than 60 seconds ends up being the best one lol. i think im up to 1.0.9 already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

v1.0.13

Screenshot_20221216_172814_Chrome.jpg

its disgusting. i hate it.

but... taranto and cameron eventually go forward. leaves me with 1 defender to bring in. 2 premo rucks to grab on the cheap.. then its essentially 4 forwards and up to 4 mids to upgrade.

22 trades one up one down. account for another 4 to boost the funds for the one up one downs. plus accounting for 4 long term injuries. 30 trades with hopefully 5 to spare for finals. right?? 😂

Needs more North, where is Goater?
Im not sold on him yet. need to see a decent pre season. He was played out of position in the vfl last year and his stats were not very impresive.
watchlist for certain but beware fans talking up there picks between 10-30 as superstars.

v1.0.13

View attachment 1574366

its disgusting. i hate it.

but... taranto and cameron eventually go forward. leaves me with 1 defender to bring in. 2 premo rucks to grab on the cheap.. then its essentially 4 forwards and up to 4 mids to upgrade.

22 trades one up one down. account for another 4 to boost the funds for the one up one downs. plus accounting for 4 long term injuries. 30 trades with hopefully 5 to spare for finals. right?? 😂
Bruce, Sheed and Allen all need to go.
Too many SP defenders, need to downgrade 1 or 2 and upgrade Brayshaw.
If Dunkley starts the season fast you are ****ed too as he will be in 75% of teams.

can someone please justify to me why these players seem to be locks..

L Jones
C McKenna
T McLean
B King
None are locks. King in particular has nothing but JS to recommend him.

But it helps to have some expensive rookies in your team when planning. Easier to downgrade them if possible than the opposite.

Bruce, Sheed and Allen all need to go.
Too many SP defenders, need to downgrade 1 or 2 and upgrade Brayshaw.
If Dunkley starts the season fast you are ****ed too as he will be in 75% of teams.
bruce at a rookie price just needs to play.
allan essentially the same. rookie priced players with job security.
sheed has 100k in him surely. at least. potentially 200k if all goes well.
dunkley at 600k really needs to set the world on fire to consider myself ****ed for not starting him. and even then. my happy ass trigger finger will be glad to bring him in.

the goal for me is value. with the amount of trades we get. and the chaos that a season brings. you just need to hit the ground running with a team turning a profit. the points will come. but building squad value i think is key.

None are locks. King in particular has nothing but JS to recommend him.

But it helps to have some expensive rookies in your team when planning. Easier to downgrade them if possible than the opposite.

I was looking at Kings numbers from '21 and it's not good reading.
7 scores under 25, at one point his 3rd average was 17 and they even won a game in that spread.

Can still consider him at such a low price but geez I would not want him anywhere near the field.

bruce at a rookie price just needs to play.
allan essentially the same. rookie priced players with job security.
sheed has 100k in him surely. at least. potentially 200k if all goes well.
dunkley at 600k really needs to set the world on fire to consider myself ****ed for not starting him. and even then. my happy ass trigger finger will be glad to bring him in.

the goal for me is value. with the amount of trades we get. and the chaos that a season brings. you just need to hit the ground running with a team turning a profit. the points will come. but building squad value i think is key.
I have heard a couple of rumours and this quote backs it up. Bevo on Josh Bruce

bruce.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back