Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

KFC SUPERCOACH START 2024​

• The KFC SuperCoach AFL season will begin in round 1, and not in Opening Round.
  • Opening Round stats will be taken into account for price changes and live scoring in some form will be available to SC Plus subscribers during the four matches.
  • It will best 18 scoring for all bye rounds, including the two-team bye weekends in rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6.
  • Any changes in the number of allocated trades will be confirmed in January, along with full gameplay details for 2024.

• The KFC SuperCoach AFL season will begin in round 1, and not in Opening Round.
  • Opening Round stats will be taken into account for price changes and live scoring in some form will be available to SC Plus subscribers during the four matches.
  • It will best 18 scoring for all bye rounds, including the two-team bye weekends in rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6.
  • Any changes in the number of allocated trades will be confirmed in January, along with full gameplay details for 2024.
Any mention of #trades thru the Byes .....and are boosts still happening ?

I just saw your last point on # trades .....seems like rules on the run ....lets get it open, whilst we're still thinking about how to run 2024
They've simply copied AFL Fantasy

Any mention of #trades thru the Byes .....and are boosts still happening ?

I just saw your last point on # trades .....seems like rules on the run ....lets get it open, whilst we're still thinking about how to run 2024
They've simply copied AFL Fantasy
No mention of trades. The article just talks about players, apart from the snippet that I pasted.

Makes it hard to start with more than one non-rookie player from each of the Rnd 0 teams, particularly the Lions, Blues, Suns and Giants.

The early Carlton bye gives us a chance to have a really good look at ZWilliams before committing to him. Would need about $100k in the bank for a simple rookie upgrade/ side trade.

Makes it hard to start with more than one non-rookie player from each of the Rnd 0 teams, particularly the Lions, Blues, Suns and Giants.

The early Carlton bye gives us a chance to have a really good look at ZWilliams before committing to him. Would need about $100k in the bank for a simple rookie upgrade/ side trade.

Think you can now I thought about it more.

Early in the year most teams have a full team (22 players) plus 4-8 playing rookies. That's 26-30 playing players so you're 100% going to be able get 22 on field for each of those bye rounds.

Once your worst 4 scores drop off any rookies that count should be scoring 80+ so it's not that bad. Maybe you are down 20 points. Certainly not bad enough to pick a worse player over the course of the whole season to avoid that score.

A team having an extra bye in a week where only 2 teams aren't playing isn't the same as a normal bye because you will have so many players playing that even your counting rookie scores will be decent.

That said, you wouldn't want many Round 0 players with the same bye. Also, if its close to a 50-50 call you wouldn't want the round 0 player either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does it open for everyone...

Confused Thinking GIF by Rover.com

They actually went with the worst possible option haha

8 teams worth of players completely in the mud.

I know it's the same for everyone but yeah that "solution" to opening round has really curbed my enthusiasm. It's actually hard to think of a worse solution.

Why not just do 10-12 highest scoring players in opening round, or even something like you get player's opening round score in their bye round (but can't select them as captain)?

Instead now they've got 176 players who are now guaranteed to play one game less than everyone else. Bravo, SC. 🙄👏

don’t think the buy solution is that bad. Most players miss a game with injury here or there.

Besides we’re all eventually going to load up on port/Freo players anyway to get through the regular bye weeks

Premos on those early byes just give us Captain options and to not start with a Zero score

Think you can now I thought about it more.

Early in the year most teams have a full team (22 players) plus 4-8 playing rookies. That's 26-30 playing players so you're 100% going to be able get 22 on field for each of those bye rounds.

Once your worst 4 scores drop off any rookies that count should be scoring 80+ so it's not that bad. Maybe you are down 20 points. Certainly not bad enough to pick a worse player over the course of the whole season to avoid that score.

A team having an extra bye in a week where only 2 teams aren't playing isn't the same as a normal bye because you will have so many players playing that even your counting rookie scores will be decent.

That said, you wouldn't want many Round 0 players with the same bye. Also, if its close to a 50-50 call you wouldn't want the round 0 player either.
I have zero confidence that I can nail an 80+ mid pricer, let alone a rookie. I think that's my difference to your thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back