Strategy 2024 Season Preview / Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Though this was interesting. Might be AF data, but gives n idea of the drop-off with each additional rookie on-field due to selecring early bye rd players over the bye-freee alternative.

I think as a finger in air guess low end SC scores may be ~5-7 pts higher than AF. So 19 and 20 potentially in that high 50s / low 60s range.

So for an early bye premo averaging say 110 you'd be looking at a 50 pt hit, not much off what we were predicting

I think as a finger in air guess low end SC scores may be ~5-7 pts higher than AF. So 19 and 20 potentially in that high 50s / low 60s range.

So for an early bye premo averaging say 110 you'd be looking at a 50 pt hit, not much off what we were predicting
Yeah, agree, lines up well, and gives a feel for the hit with ea h additonal one on-field 👍

This is AFL Fantasy but gives a sense of bye premo impact. Unfortunately not available for SC

There's no doubt more rookies on field will have an effect on scoring but it's a bit catch 22 because they are necessary for cash gen.

Like everything, it will come down to having the best balance to get the best long term result.

It's very random though.

If I used my current team to cover Flanders being missing on RD3 my "worst" 4 on field would be Sanders, Coffield, Hustwaite vs Sharp, and Wilson vs Manaugh. So if Flanders is 100-110 points missing, and I get one of those players scoring an 80 (not impossible) I'm not losing much. Looping will help a lot too.

From what club do folks currently have the most players in their starting line-up?
Am assuming kangas will be prominent.
They have different purposes (a Lazzaro is a cash cow, Powell/Zac Fisher hoped to be keepers if you're going them etc.), but still, how many are too.many Roos/Dockers/...?

From what club do folks currently have the most players in their starting line-up?
They have different purposes (a Lazzaro is a cash cow, Powell/Zac Fisher hoped to be keepers if you're going them etc.), but still, how many are too.many Roos/Dockers/...?
Fairly even spread for me at the moment.
4 - Dockers
3 - Demons, Suns/Cats (one or the other depending on which version of my team I role with).

No other team with more than two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only ones above 2 players are -
North - Lazzaro, Sheezel, LDU, Powell, McKercher
Melbourne - Maxxxyyyyyyyyyy, Billings, Windsor

Fairly even spread for me at the moment.
4 - Dockers
3 - Demons, Suns/Cats (one or the other depending on which version of my team I role with).

No other team with more than two.
Interesting, so:
Dockers: Young, Serong, Sharp, Fyfe?
Roos: only McKercher and Sheezel?

Reckon some will be going up to 5 deep in NM players, that's the one I'm going back and forth on. Share of overall pie, roles in-season etc.

The only ones above 2 players are -
North - Lazzaro, Sheezel, LDU, Powell, McKercher
Melbourne - Maxxxyyyyyyyyyy, Billings, Windsor
Yeah, that's the interesting contrast between you and Scythedog Millionaire.
Have 2-3 Dees, personally, and currently either 2-4 roos, although I have had exactly those 5 as ell at one stage and can mount a case for all.

Yeah, that's the interesting contrast between you and Scythedog Millionaire.
Have 2-3 Dees, personally, and currently either 2-4 roos, although I have had exactly those 5 as ell at one stage and can mount a case for all.
Well it could provide a few breadcrumbs on the trail for the astute observer because, well, not to be rude, but he's much better at SC than me :moustache:

Edit - actually I have 3 dockers, missed Sharp on the bench.

Well it could provide a few breadcrumbs on the trail for the astute observer because, well, not to be rude, but he's much better at SC than me :moustache:
Nah, not about that at all.
For me, it really is more just about seeing what the general willingness is to load up on individual sides.
All those Kangas have merits, I had them all in about two days ago.
Just wonder: do they cop a bit of a squeeze in-year…

Nah, not about that at all.
For me, it really is more just about seeing what the general willingness is to load up on individual sides.
All those Kangas have merits, I had them all in about two days ago.
Just wonder: do they cop a bit of a squeeze in-year…
Possibly they get squeezed. But equally the guns in poor teams often score fine, and only LDU and Sheezel are keepers.

Interesting, so:
Dockers: Young, Serong, Sharp, Fyfe?
Roos: only McKercher and Sheezel?

Reckon some will be going up to 5 deep in NM players, that's the one I'm going back and forth on. Share of overall pie, roles in-season etc.
Dockers ones are correct (we'll see if Fyfe is still there next week), but only McKercher and Lazarro from North at the moment. Haven't ruled Sheezel out and have had him in some versions, but there's an element of hesitancy regarding role security, second year and tag risk.

Edit - actually I have 3 dockers, missed Sharp on the bench.
Haha, back yourself MT. There's enough noise around some of these North kids that at least a couple are bound to pay off.

Possibly they get squeezed. But equally the guns in poor teams often score fine, and only LDU and Sheezel are keepers.
Yeah, LDU great and still has scope to increase, but he burnt me twice last year and I was one of the ‘luckier’ owners, so tried Serong over him.
Powell looked a million dollars, had him in but have gone back to Billings for now. Powell can be a keeper if he clicks.
Will all change again.

I've just logged into SC for the first time this year and been reading up on a few posts.

Just a few comments in terms of strategy just to make sure:
  • Teams can be changed through Round 0 and up until round 1 when it officially starts.
  • People minimising Round 0 playing premiums as there is one less score total.
  • Picking Round 0 rookies as their Round 0 score counts to their price increase and you get an extra look.

If there's anything wrong with the above, let me know and thank you!

I've just logged into SC for the first time this year and been reading up on a few posts.

Just a few comments in terms of strategy just to make sure:
  • Teams can be changed through Round 0 and up until round 1 when it officially starts.
  • People minimising Round 0 playing premiums as there is one less score total.
  • Picking Round 0 rookies as their Round 0 score counts to their price increase and you get an extra look.

If there's anything wrong with the above, let me know and thank you!

you're good :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back