AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I hear about it, the more I don't like it. As I said in my original post, I didn't know the full story, I was just happy to see an ex junior and good footballer back at the club. For a start Lukas is now an 8 point player which will stretch us, he is also still recovering from off season surgery. As far as I know, Lukas came to us, we didn't hunt him.
As you said Collo, Kane has done an amazing job to turn the reputation of the club around over the last 2 years. I know that he would not put these gains at risk for the sake of one player. I have every faith that the coaching panel and leadership group will have discussed the situation thoroughly and not just signed him up straight away. He is a risk, but I'm hoping the lad grows up and realises he might be on his last chance.

Pagans, not sure who you are, but I've been there as long as you and while not happy to hear that your leaving, I think to call our coach a liar on here is out of line. The lad has done more for our club in the last 2 years than you could imagine and to get so called supportes get on big footy doing that is completely uneccessary.:thumbsdown:He is an approachable bloke, go ask him yourself why he signed Lukas and I'm sure he'll tell you.

Tips: Saints 43 points, Tigers 26 points Souths 12 goals.

Kudos to Kane and he has had alot of help from Rick Hanlon, a recommendation made to the committee a long time ago when he was coaching the U14's. Kane was an under 11 blonde headed average footballer when i was on the committee and for your information, unless Kane is there for another 8 years, then he will have not done as much as me! Respect is given when its earnt!

The comment about Kanes honesty refers directly to the comment no players were getting payed. As my wife works with the Mooka family and they are directly related to young bosen, you fill in the gaps! Honesty goes along way! But yes he is doing well and watching via the paper, i will hope they do well. But and i say a big BUT as eagerreader as mapped out, there is a side of this player i was very happy to see leave watsons not so long ago and to have him crawl back in and be allowed back in the doors is POOR POOR POOR

Sorry Pagans but need to correct you here, Graham Dean was not involved with the Club last time Ellich played for the Tigers, Graham had already left the Club in a huff when McQuane's services were terminated & he went to Cities.

Your incorrect here my friend! A consortium of life members were advising the club against selling the lease back to AFL Cairns. Those men were Herritage, Vears, Dean and myself. Whilst we were on the committee we were speaking very regularly with President Potter providing free advice on the legalities of such a move.

Dontargue, I wasn't talking about any person or player/s in particular but just making a general observation with regards to sweet undies comments. I don't personally know Lukas but if what has happened with him regarding his actions and comments then I think he needs to go away and have a real good think about where he wants to go in his football career and life in general. As was said in another post here, volunteers are hard enough to find without them having to put up with those sorts of things.....

Norths beat Port by about 5 goals I think,don't know any scores from Cutters and Lions and Hawks and Saints in currently in progress......

Tigers senior by about 5 goals, Port ressies by about 2 goals.

Tigers kept their head throughout the 3rd quarter with some fairly ordinary calls from the umpires and ran the game out in the 4th quarter against the wind.

When will the umpire realise they're not there to even a game up and just let whatever team is the better (and fairer) get on with it.

Losts of cramping in the heat for both teams. As expected Liddy stood up for the Tigers with I believe 5, maybe 6 goals.

Results from today's games both seniors and reserves games

Reserves Souths beat Cities on Forfeit

we supplied 6 players to them to have a game & we got up comfortably on the score board

Seniors ,

an ugly game, both sides had the chance to grad & strangle it,

but, indecisions, not tackling rubbish handballs (hospital passes)

both sides blindly kicking with the wind or no wind

yuk,

the ladies by the Can Bar were more interesting in their filmy outfits that's why so many were checking em out, How do you woof whistle on here :rolleyes:

Souths got up by 2 goals

mid range for us this year on today's effort :(

Reserves Souths beat Cities on Forfeit

we supplied 6 players to them to have a game & we got up comfortably on the score board

Seniors ,

an ugly game, both sides had the chance to grad & strangle it,

but, indecisions, not tackling rubbish handballs (hospital passes)

both sides blindly kicking with the wind or no wind

yuk,

the ladies by the Can Bar were more interesting in their filmy outfits that's why so many were checking em out, How do you woof whistle on here :rolleyes:

Souths got up by 2 goals

mid range for us this year on today's effort :(

Please lets not start on the umps already.
Saints ressies by 70pts
Saints seniors by 170pts

Kudos to Kane and he has had alot of help from Rick Hanlon, a recommendation made to the committee a long time ago when he was coaching the U14's. Kane was an under 11 blonde headed average footballer when i was on the committee and for your information, unless Kane is there for another 8 years, then he will have not done as much as me! Respect is given when its earnt!

The comment about Kanes honesty refers directly to the comment no players were getting payed. As my wife works with the Mooka family and they are directly related to young bosen, you fill in the gaps! Honesty goes along way! But yes he is doing well and watching via the paper, i will hope they do well. But and i say a big BUT as eagerreader as mapped out, there is a side of this player i was very happy to see leave watsons not so long ago and to have him crawl back in and be allowed back in the doors is POOR POOR POOR
Pagans, the more you type, the less I believe you are actually a Tigers supporter. I will say you are posing on here to start c**p. I don't ever remember Kane saying no players were paid. If there is a team in this comp not playing a single player then i will attend the next match at Cazaly's in a mankini(trust me, won't be a pretty sight). You speak about earning respect, earn some yourself by approaching him yourself. I have been at the club for 20 years, I most definitely have not agreed with every decsion made, but this is the club I chose and will stick by thru thick and thin. If you have put so many hours in, why give up so easy by walking out? I'm not gonna try and out you on an insignificant forum like this, but reality is, we don't miss you.

Saints ressies by 70pts
Saints seniors by 170pts
Wow, 170 points is a hiding that I was not expecting. Could Saints be that good? I personally don't think the team Hawks named would get beat by that. Don't want to start early, but can't see anyone being able to stop that forward line, thats a massive score.
Norths did what they had to(get 4 poits at home), 3/4 time up 18 but coming home against the breeze, ran the game out better than the Crocs(who will improve and def play finals). Liddy with a handful was great but CHB Mueller BOG by a mile, must have taken close to 20 marks and stood out all day. Great day at watsons with new shade structure making footy watching a lot more comfortable and a great crowd to boot.
Surprised to see Cities get so close to Cutters, not sure whether Lions aren't as bad as we thought or Cutters no as good as we thought???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers senior by about 5 goals, Port ressies by about 2 goals.

Tigers kept their head throughout the 3rd quarter with some fairly ordinary calls from the umpires and ran the game out in the 4th quarter against the wind.

When will the umpire realise they're not there to even a game up and just let whatever team is the better (and fairer) get on with it.

Losts of cramping in the heat for both teams. As expected Liddy stood up for the Tigers with I believe 5, maybe 6 goals.

I think the final margin was 22pts after a great last quarter from both teams. Mueller & Richter were solid in defence, Bosen impressed in spurts & took some good grabs, Tennick seemed to be everywhere at times, Liddy had a great last quarter & overall the Tigers impressed but have room for improvement. Someone needs to speak with Mooka, he needs to calm down or he will cost them close games with his antics. The Crocs were not disgraced & will win their fair share based on todays effort.
No comment about the Umpiring but a good comment about the solid crowd that turned up, dont know exact numbers but it made for a great atmosphere under the new verandah area. Overall a very enjoyable afternoon at the footy.

Wow, 170 points is a hiding that I was not expecting. Could Saints be that good? I personally don't think the team Hawks named would get beat by that. Don't want to start early, but can't see anyone being able to stop that forward line, thats a massive score.
Norths did what they had to(get 4 poits at home), 3/4 time up 18 but coming home against the breeze, ran the game out better than the Crocs(who will improve and def play finals). Liddy with a handful was great but CHB Mueller BOG by a mile, must have taken close to 20 marks and stood out all day. Great day at watsons with new shade structure making footy watching a lot more comfortable and a great crowd to boot.
Surprised to see Cities get so close to Cutters, not sure whether Lions aren't as bad as we thought or Cutters no as good as we thought???

called past Cazalys on the way home from Watsons & there was roughly 3 goals in it half way thru the 2nd quarter, Hawks were kicking with the breeze & looking alright, must have gone downhill big time after that. I agree with your comment about Mueller, he was all class today & certainly stood out.

Hats off to Paul griffith, he kept that team together for just enough to get success. Sounds like he had a fair battle on his hands! After tonight, I reckon he is sorely missed. New coach tried hard but is not in the same class as Bradford and Willie, where is scrimma? It is only round one but hawks seem to lack the aura they had last year...

Saints have good footballers, but they need to play together more before things click.

Hats off to Paul griffith, he kept that team together for just enough to get success. Sounds like he had a fair battle on his hands! After tonight, I reckon he is sorely missed. New coach tried hard but is not in the same class as Bradford and Willie, where is scrimma? It is only round one but hawks seem to lack the aura they had last year...

Saints have good footballers, but they need to play together more before things click.

Fair opinion, but remember the samething happened last year against Saints on round two if I remember correctly. Hawks are a lot different team than last year and I believe will take a few weeks to get that "aura" back. Good game tonight Saints, you look a very good side and have added to your 2011 game.

Saints will win GF by 100. All I can say is south's look pathetic for all the early talk.
Can everyone stop replying to post and move on. It's all getting a little old.

Saints ressies by 70pts
Saints seniors by 170pts

PRAY TELL where did I mentioned the men in orange & green in my blog :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I only spoke of the teams, I actually had a couple come and sit with me chatting away whilst watching the seniors & chatted with others after the game I do get along with all of them

They did a great yesterday in the conditions :thumbsu: to them

Fair opinion, but remember the samething happened last year against Saints on round two if I remember correctly. Hawks are a lot different team than last year and I believe will take a few weeks to get that "aura" back. Good game tonight Saints, you look a very good side and have added to your 2011 game.

It wasn't 170 points tommy gun! Saints were miles too good for Hawks last nte. Hawks didn't seem to have any direction in their play and no answer at all for the Saints forwards and their on onballers seemed to classy.

Hawks have a lot to come back in and it's a bit tough when they had no coach up until a few weeks ago. I hate to say it but I think Saints will thrash everyone in the comp this year.

Saints were way too good for Hawks. To say Saints will be better when they gel and play as a team well good luck to the competition. Have Hawks made the right choice as a playing coach. He might be a good coach off the field but on he really struggled. Kicking was poor and showed little leadership. Hawks had a few players out and they always struggle early just to home well and can't see that changing this year. Saints also have 3 or 4 to come in so good luck getting a 1's game at Saints, will be very tough.

Saints were way too good for Hawks. To say Saints will be better when they gel and play as a team well good luck to the competition. Have Hawks made the right choice as a playing coach. He might be a good coach off the field but on he really struggled. Kicking was poor and showed little leadership. Hawks had a few players out and they always struggle early just to home well and can't see that changing this year. Saints also have 3 or 4 to come in so good luck getting a 1's game at Saints, will be very tough.

Just checking AFL Cairns website and Hawks gave their coach BOG. Seriously.

Just checking AFL Cairns website and Hawks gave their coach BOG. Seriously.

Hhhmmmm, he wasn't the best in my eyes. Did a few 'ok' things but seemed to struggle with the player/coach roll, but he'll learn. Hard to pick a clear Hawks player for BOG, maybe they pulled a number out of a hat:).

I could possibly see Saints go through undefeated this year. Other than the Tigers, I don't think sides have improved out of sight to challenge:eek:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back