Round 12 Trades - Bye week #2

Remove this Banner Ad

If your bringing in a premo mid this week who has already had his bye his B/E is irellevant, as you would be keeping him for the rest of the season, yes?

Just because you are keeping a premo for the season doesn't mean you can overpay with abandon.

Just because you are keeping a premo for the season doesn't mean you can overpay with abandon.

If you really want him this week and plan to hold, then price shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise cop a doughnut or start a rookie this week and *maybe* get him 20k cheaper next week.

Agree with James, Stanton has a pretty high BE next week but there's no point in trading in someone else because he's arguably the best available that I don't have. At this stage of the game it shouldn't matter about BE's.

BE's can affect timing but they shouldn't affect trade-in targets. For example, I plan on trading Scott Thompson in in a week or two because he'll be cheaper then. But I wouldn't decide to trade in someone else instead of Scott Thompson because of his BE unless I also had another midfield upgrade to make later where I planned to bring in Thompson.

Unless they get injured, the price movements of a premium after you've traded them in don't matter. The price when you bring them in matters, but subsequent price movements don't. Thompson and Redden are about the same price, so if you're definitely trading this week then bring in whoever you think is the better option scoring wise. What they'll both cost next week is irrelevant if you're not planning on trading anyone in or out next week.

With Redden being named now is it worth using a trade for Giles ---> Goldstien or just go with Redden for this week and pray Giles is back next week. I have no doubt Goldy will score well the next few weeks but just really worried about when HMac comes back. Have 11 trades left after already completing 2 this week.

I decided against Giles > Goldstein with Redden being named and Giles only listed as 1 week. Calf isn't normally a great sign but I will have to trust the 1 week at the moment. Running a bit low on trades to justify it

My rucks Giles,McIntosh,Redden,Stephenson
Currently have 9 trades left, looking to make 3 trades next week!
Question: Do I trade McIntosh to Goldstein?? Or try hold on to him??
If i make the trade i go down to 5 left after the bye rounds is that enough?

I seriously have no idea what to do with bloody Sandi.. want to go straight to Maric but I have no $ for that as Im saving up to bring in Beams and Swan next week.

Griffin was my option before but now having doubts about him for some reason.. argh!

For me i have 5 premium midfielders with the 5th avg 102+. I seriously considered Gibbs for R10 and also Priddis for R11 at such low prices but feel i need to upgrade forward first and then target midfielders.

All the midfielders i like are cheap or have high BE's (Pendlebury, ST, J.Selwood, Mitchell, Rockliff, Cotchin ect)

My number one target is Cotchin and always has been since that game against essendon. ST may be the player i fall back on as i can see him also avg very well and will be cheaper. Rockliff is a risky option only scored well against poor opposition this year, although they have some winnable games to come.

Im going to target forward upgrades after i have been dealt a blow in that area this year. Fyfe, Zaka, Christensen all keepers who ended up injured. Mumford injury caused Hale to be moved to the rucks.

So ROK, Beams, SJ, Cloke will all be R12 targets who have had their bye. Clancee Pearce is another i will look at and had my eyes on since the hawks game but his scoring has been poor since due to a few reasons.

Ive decided Morris > Shaw
Horsley > Gibson (even though Horsley is playing i need all the money i can get and am banking on the calculated risk North Melbourne win and Gibson plays well enough for the coach to make NO CHANGES).

Have the option to go Giles> Goldstein but the Zaka injury means i can no longer and if need be i can always fall back on Mumford as he will be around the exact price of Giles after this week and then goes onto play some weak teams.

But it depends on the situation. I'm in a tight eliminator matchup & considering bringing in Thompson this week & getting Gibson next week instead. Yes, I'll be paying more for Thompson than what he will be next week, but getting an extra 30-40-50 points possibly.
So my question is - Is it better to "overpay" & get the 30-40-50 points this week or save the $30K next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris -> Darley
Clarke -> S.Shaw
Smedts -> Dangerfield

Goddard - Deledio - Birchall - Broughton - Waters - Hargrave - Darley
Shaw - Ellis

Watson - Boyd - Ablett - Selwood - Mitchell - Cotchin
Zorko - Gibson

Giles - Kreuzer
Redden - Stephenson

Franklin - Beams - Sidebottom - Robinson - Dangerfield - Chapman - Martin
Treloar - Sexton

5 trades, 1 upgrade and 100k in the bank and looking at 2 0's for the round. Ranked around 1,900th.

I have played this way all year so i don't see the point in stopping now. I have traded out injured premiums and upgraded early. Scotland/Carrazzo/Suckling will come in after their bye finishing off my team. The rucks will be left weak but i'm happy to run with that. Treloar and Zorko will be my m7 and f8 every round giving me solid cover for anymore short term injuries to my team.

Tried to stay away from Dangerfield as he is just so commonly owned but he is the best option available. Not picking him at the start of the year and then my stubbornness to leave him out has been costly. Still worried that he might cop the Clint Jones tag tonight but had to bring him in this week.

Sandi > Cox
C. Delaney > Shaw

Delaney's BE was 30 and not dropped because of injury so needed to take the opportunity while Shaw is on the bubble, maybe another 20k left in him but needed backup this week to avoid 5 donuts! I just hope Shaw gets a regular gig.

Morris to Sam Shaw
Kreuzer to Cox

9 trades left, 60k in the bank. Happy with where my team is ATM in terms of players on the field and on the bench:

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Enright, Lake, Hargave
Ellis, Shaw

Ablett, Stanton, Ebert, Barlow, Hayes, Rockliff
Treloar, Mcdonald

Cox, Giles
Stephenson, Redden

Beams, Franklin, Chapman, Robinson, Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke
Zorko, Sexton

Brought Enright in for Bugg a couple weeks back which hasn't worked out well thus far but have hope in him.

No immediate upgrades necessary, really. Looking at Hargrave to Carrazzo to sure up the defence and perhaps bring in Beams for Cloke in defence. Pendles to come in for either Hayes or Rockliff once he bottoms out, perhaps Thompson for the other. Want to keep at least 4 trades for LTIs. Solid rookies should help me cover any short injuries.

Treloar -> Sam Gibson
Morris -> Adcock

$200k left to bring in final defender next week for Ellis.

Went back and forth all week and then just when I thought I was comfortable with doing no trades I thought what the hell I might as well use them now for instant gratification :p

Clarke -> Shaw
Sexton -> Gibson
Hall -> S.Thompson

My midfield is now finished: Ablett, Swan, Stanton, Boyd, Thompson & Mitchell

Only one upgrade to go in the backline which I am in absolutely no hurry to make even though my 7th back scores will probably be very poor over the coming weeks. 3 zeros this round and looking at 5 or 6 next round.

141 points for Thommo last night. I wouldn't think 500k is paying overs for a super premo mid. Getting him only 15k cheaper next week not really worth missing out on the 141 points IMHO.

141 points for Thommo last night. I wouldn't think 500k is paying overs for a super premo mid. Getting him only 15k cheaper next week not really worth missing out on the 141 points IMHO.

Stoked it turned out that way James, but if Thommo was held to 70-80, dropped plenty again, and Gibson got the same points, then you'd be spewing! I took the punt and went for Thommo this week. Pretty happy, but I can say without any doubt had it not worked like it did I'd be crappy all weekend!

I was weighing up whether to bring in Thompson this week too. Unluckily I didn't in the end. He had a break even of 190, coming off the back of two poor scores (by his standards) and the potentially matched up to Clint Jones. Thought it would be best to reassess next week, well done to those that got him this week though!

Of the 3 decisions I could have made with Scotland, I made the worst.

The best was obviously to keep him, that 106 points would have been handy on Thursday.

The 2nd which would have saved me 1 trade was to go down to Shaw, and cop an extra donut last week.

But no, I had to go to Bootsma, get a measly 39 points, and then use another trade and go to Shaw eventually.

399/9 (4 Donuts)

Not a shocking score, but Robbo, Danger and Goddard all under performing.
Really tempting to trade WhiteX or Martin next week to bring Robbo into the mids, and get another gun Mid (Boyd/Stanton/Thompson).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back