AFL Futures 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course $1k means a lot to some and not to others, it depends on your personal financial circumstance.

That's why I prefer punters state units as opposed to dollar values. Although I found it amusing when the guy the other day was photoshopping his sporting bet account it was a good laugh.

Anyways Port has far bigger problems than just needing a new coach the brand has been seriously affected and I think they need a coach with experience and proven one then taking a punt with an inexperienced one!

Eade would shake things up and has proven records of having very little but delivering finals contenders. Burns being a SA boy could be considered as the other new young and upcoming coach if they were going to go in that direction.

The problem with Hinkley and Royal is that in SA they are unknowns and what Port needs is someone that the supporters will believe in. Ports crowds are shocking and they need to turn around this ASAP.

Nathan Bassett coaching the Norwood team in Adelaide is a smokey, given his track record with the club.

Bassett has already said no as he is going to Hawthorn next year in some assistant capacity. Port need a senior coach, my point is that noone will uproot their lives to go there. Why would Eade take his daughter out of a school just before VCE? (whatever they call it nowadays) to move to Adelaide. He's got a sweet ride at Collingwood without the pressure. He would be mad to leave there.

Am i the only one that rates adelaide as value both to be highest placed non vic team at $3 and minor premiership at $4... they have a really soft run home and i reckon they'll finish on top of the ladder... there biggest danger is sydney.

Am i the only one that rates adelaide as value both to be highest placed non vic team at $3 and minor premiership at $4... they have a really soft run home and i reckon they'll finish on top of the ladder... there biggest danger is sydney.

Only threat is Fremantle at Aami other than that they should clean up the other three teams. Sydney on the other hand play Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong at SS. They need to beat two of them to sure up top spot. Here's hoping they beat Hawthorn so it makes my $3000 on Collingwood as highest placed Vic team a certainty

Not the brightest are you. Never said the pies wouldn't finish top 4, just saying you never put $1,000 on them.

Labelling the pies top four prospect as a "sweet fantasy bet" is pretty much saying that it is almost impossible for them. Why not put a grand on a near certain bet if you're in the business of punting?

Only threat is Fremantle at Aami other than that they should clean up the other three teams. Sydney on the other hand play Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong at SS. They need to beat two of them to sure up top spot. Here's hoping they beat Hawthorn so it makes my $3000 on Collingwood as highest placed Vic team a certainty
freo at home this week missing mcpharlin who holds thier defence together... tippet should return... cant see freo knocking the crows off.

The race for the Coleman medal is interesting and with Pav leading by only 3 means its really up for grabs. I like Petrie simply because the Roos have their remaining games all at the dome in perfect conditions and their last match at Skoda against GWS.

$500 down on Collingwood to finish as the highest placed Victorian team @ $6
Come on Cats!!! Do your thing against Hawthorn this friday.
Here's hoping they beat Hawthorn so it makes my $3000 on Collingwood as highest placed Vic team a certainty

Wow, your stories just get better with time dont they! $500 to $3,000 in just one week. By the end of the season you would have remortgaged the house and had the lot on the pies to be top placed Vic team!!

Wow, your stories just get better with time dont they! $500 to $3,000 in just one week. By the end of the season you would have remortgaged the house and had the lot on the pies to be top placed Vic team!!

I dont know why people need to quote dollar amounts!

Just tell us the number of units your betting, as stating dollar amounts means nothing here.

For all we know it could be just a 1 unit bet for you (normal bet) or 10(big bet).

In any case after the fiasco of the fake bets a few weeks ago on the Gold Coast, I dont pay any notice to people stating dollar amounts anymore.

In response to Manila_Playa87 I have $250k on the Pies being the highest placed team in Vic.
Oh and for me thats just half a unit ! lol

Just tell us the number of units your betting, as stating dollar amounts means nothing here.

For all we know it could be just a 1 unit bet for you (normal bet) or 10(big bet).

In any case after the fiasco of the fake bets a few weeks ago on the Gold Coast, I dont pay any notice to people stating dollar amounts anymore.

In response to Manila_Playa87 I have $250k on the Pies being the highest placed team in Vic.

Stating units means just as much as people using dollars. There is no fixed value to what = a unit, for some it might be 0.5%, others 1%, others 2.5%. 2 units might be a big bet for some, others a 5 unit bet might be the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stating units means just as much as people using dollars. There is no fixed value to what = a unit, for some it might be 0.5%, others 1%, others 2.5%. 2 units might be a big bet for some, others a 5 unit bet might be the norm.

Actually your wrong champ!

Stating units has a lot more meaning than stating dollar value.

A 5U bet implies a lot more confidence in a bet than a 1U bet. Hmmm you dont punt much do you?

A 5U bet implies a lot more confidence in a bet than a 1U bet. Hmmm you dont punt much do you?
derp

a $500 bet implies a lot more confidence than a $100 bet too

without a frame of reference (which was burgundy's point) they are just as useless

images

every time i read eastcoasts' posts i have to remind myself that's he's actually not a troll.

still determining whether that makes it better or worse though.

derp

a $500 bet implies a lot more confidence than a $100 bet too

without a frame of reference (which was burgundy's point) they are just as useless

:confused:

However in the quotes mentioned above that it does not state what their unit bet is worth!

The punter has only stated he would or has placed $3k on Collingwood, for all we know that may be his unit price and suggest it is a normal confidence bet.

Now if he stated he has 30Units on Collingwood that has entirely different meaning.

every time i read eastcoasts' posts i have to remind myself that's he's actually not a troll.

still determining whether that makes it better or worse though.

Champ why dont you just press the ignore button, is that not easier for you!?

FFS

Can we not just talk about punting in here? Instead of cheap shots.

:confused:

However in the quotes mentioned above that it does not state what their unit bet is worth!

The punter has only stated he would or has placed $3k on Collingwood, for all we know that may be his unit price and suggest it is a normal confidence bet.

Now if he stated he has 30Units on Collingwood that has entirely different meaning.

How so?

Hey douche don't you know how to do multiplication? 500 X 6 =$3000 duh. Jokes gonna be on you when i clean up. I put it out there on this board before last round so that's proof enough

ffs, you put 20 units on Carlton (a $3 shot) last week.

That alone proves that units are subjective.

ffs, you put 20 units on Carlton (a $3 shot) last week.

That alone proves that units are subjective.

Hmm no it doesnt. One unit implies that is a normal bet.

20 Units implies a confidence bet.

I often see Lenny betting 1 unit and 0.5U on FGS etc.

I have seen him bet 0.5 on extreme overs, which implies to me that he is not confident about the bet, but the odds offered are definitely overs.

lol, thats a little scary that you remember my bets, I would have no idea what you had placed money on this week let alone last week.

If you do not like what I am saying and I do not put you down, why dont you just ignore my posts and hit that button??

my unit bets have a frame of reference that i outlined at the start of the year

we don't know what 20u means to you any more than we know what $5000 means to someone else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back