Anyone 'rooting' for Rhyce in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always liked Rhyce, some of you might not no this but Rhyce had Chronic Fatigue syndrome the year before he got drafted, I am a year younger than him and when i was in year 11 back in 1999 I got glandular fever and then afterwards got chronic fatigue syndrome.

I was so sick at the time that I thought id never get better as it takes a long time to see any improvement.

I wrote a letter to Rhyce to ask how he got well and he wrote me a 3 page letter outlining exactly what he did, he gave me his phone number and promised me if i made TAC cup the next year "Ballarat Rebels" he would get Collingwood to allow me in the rooms before the game and to sit on the bench during the game.

I never made TAC cup after being a good school boy and junior, but he gave me so much support and motivation to do everything i could to get through what was a tough 12 months back then.

To this day 13 years later i will never forget it, and for this reason i hope Rhyce win's a flag this weekend.

I can't say Rhyce was ever one of my favourites (he actually used to frustrate me a lot), but he used to be a Pie, so I'll be behind him for sure. I'll also be hoping Sam Reid has a ripper too (and then joins Ben at Collingwood :p).

I can't stand Hawthorn's arrogance, and I've always had a lot of respect for Sydney as a team, so it's a no-brainer for me. My Hawthorn supporting friends were freaking unbearable in 2008, so I definitely do not want a repeat of that!

C'mon Swannies! You've got the majority of footy fans behind you!

I can't get into this year's GF - probably because we were in the last 2 and the euphoria/tension is addictive.
Not having an emotional stake in this year's GF has left me a bit empty.

Will still watch the match. And if I had to I'd go the Swans but mainly because it will reinforce the chokers tag for Hawthorn...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first quarter was on his own terms and he was good, but gees his second half was shocking when the game tighteneed up around him. Cold be worse, he could be Xavier Ellis

His first quarter was on his own terms and he was good, but gees his second half was shocking when the game tighteneed up around him. Cold be worse, he could be Xavier Ellis
Or puopolo

I am absolutely wrapped for him. Ray will be wrapped too.Both his boys got premiership medals now,something ray wasnt able to achieve,I am wrapped for ben reids brother sam too.And adam goodes is a champion.I was cheering nearly like it was collingwood haha.

Malthouse, you were wrong!!!
I remember when rhyce left and no one batted an eye lid, list clogger, hack, finished all got thrown about.

Too his credit he's kept working, but lets not forget he requested a trade from us as he was still contracted another year.

I surprised myself by getting 100% into the game and cheering hard for the Swans. Farkin' lurved it!

It's hard not to admire them, isn't it? :)

I said on the match-day thread last week that this Sydney team is better than the '05 premiership team (I've actually believed that for most of this year). The way they through the corridor is something that we would do well to consider.

While last week still hurts, at least we know we lost to the best team in the comp in 2012. Great to see Rhyce grab his second chance too..

I remember when rhyce left and no one batted an eye lid, list clogger, hack, finished all got thrown about.

Too his credit he's kept working, but lets not forget he requested a trade from us as he was still contracted another year.
I didn't want him to leave unlike you. So I'm happy he got himself a medal, congrats to Rhyce Shaw.

I didn't want him to leave unlike you. So I'm happy he got himself a medal, congrats to Rhyce Shaw.
Seeing as I have a jumper with his number and signature on the back, and he's a good friend of my brothers from school. I certainly wanted him to stay. In fact I have followed him quite closely since he loved there.

Rhyce wanted to leave, and so did a number of moronic collingwood supporters. Wasn't mick pushing him or anything like that, rhyce wanted a fresh start and Sydney was the perfect destination.

Ps take your rubbish revisionist history elsewhere please

Seeing as I have a jumper with his number and signature on the back, and he's a good friend of my brothers from school. I certainly wanted him to stay. In fact I have followed him quite closely since he loved there.

Rhyce wanted to leave, and so did a number of moronic collingwood supporters. Wasn't mick pushing him or anything like that, rhyce wanted a fresh start and Sydney was the perfect destination.

Ps take your rubbish revisionist history elsewhere please
You're highly opinionated of others whilst putting yourself on an upside down pedal stool. You got complaints?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back