Sailor

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Man U
I'm not sure when all the players transfer over but if it were from this season then Peel will have some serious talent: most of it ours of course.
A spine of Howson, Taberner, Neale, Silvagni and Faulks could grace the AFL scene. Tanner Smith as third tall in defence.
Throw in Clarke, Griffin and Hannath battling for one or two positions in the ruck
Sadly, I can't even find a spot for Bradley or Moller in the Peel side, jeez.
That's a better big man list than some AFL sides can put on the park.
Then without going into who will or will not get a game for Freo, the smalls are going to make for some interesting watching, especially with those players Peel have recruited themselves.
I know we are biased but Freo seem to have some serious talent coming through.
What they must do is ensure that whom ever coaches Peel is in tune with Freo's system of play and is into development of young players, otherwise the alignment is not worth the trouble.
Anyone know who the coach is?
Hmmm, where is my heart when Peel play my beloved Souths?

My understanding is for 2013 only new interstate draftees Tanner Smith and Matt Taberner will be assigned to Peel. Rest will stay with the previous club they were playing for including Duffy, Simpson, Howson (East Freo). All players move across in 2014 season I think (not sure and could be subject to some changes still).

There are 4 or 5 weagle players who are moving from Peel to east Perth for next season - will our EP players move too? Off the top of my head it's just Clarke and Pitt that would be stuck in amongst a bunch of dirty birds if they don't.

Barrack for Souths - take a keen interest in 'those' opposition players...

But FWIW - I think the Perth Football Club are the new Peel. Poor bastards. :(

In truth Perth should be the Peagles. Short sighted by the Footy Commission, as Perth are in need of a leg up and I reckon when the Eagles get "moved" out of Subi, Lathlain has alot of room for expansion of facilities. Anyway ......... off topic.

Will still fight hard for the Duckies but will keep an eye on Peel.

There are 4 or 5 weagle players who are moving from Peel to east Perth for next season - will our EP players move too? Off the top of my head it's just Clarke and Pitt that would be stuck in amongst a bunch of dirty birds if they don't.

All FFC players who are at East Perth will move to Peel for the season of 2013.
All WC players who are at Peel will move to East Perth for the the season of 2013.
All remaining FFC and WC players at Peel/East Perth will move for the season of 2014.

Is this correct?

Westcoast players aligned with East Perth for 2013.
Cox, A.Selwood, Shuey, Hurn, B.Wilson, Rosa, Schofield, Lycett, Cripps, Wellingham, Morton, Bennell.

Fremantle players aligned with Peel Thunder in 2013.
Morabito, Ballantyne, Chrichton, Spurr, Clarke, Sheridan, Barlow, Michie, Faulks, Moller, Taberner, Pitt, Pearce, Crozier, Hannath.

Is this correct?

Westcoast players aligned with East Perth for 2013.
Cox, A.Selwood, Shuey, Hurn, B.Wilson, Rosa, Schofield, Lycett, Cripps, Wellingham, Morton, Bennell.

Fremantle players aligned with Peel Thunder in 2013.
Morabito, Ballantyne, Chrichton, Spurr, Clarke, Sheridan, Barlow, Michie, Faulks, Moller, Taberner, Pitt, Pearce, Crozier, Hannath.

Close, but I think it's spelt "Kryten".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in another thread but seems best suited here:

From across the league:
Paul Bower (ex Carlton - medium to tall defender)
James Hawksley (ex Brisbane - midfielder)
Cruze Gartlett (ex North - midfielder)
Marlon Motlop (ex Port - small forward)
Jarrhan Jacky (ex Adelaide - small forward)
Kyle Reimers (ex Essendon - small forward) Chose to play with Perth

From our team:
Hayden Ballantyne, Anthony Morabito, Michael Barlow, Jesse Crichton, Peter Faulks, Viv Michie, Tom Sheridan, Zac Clarke, Hayden Crozier, Jayden Pitt, Tanner Smith, Jack Hannath, Matthew Taberner

These players from our team will play with their respective WAFL clubs for another season then join in 2014:
Claremont: Matt deBoer, Nick Suban, Nathan Fyfe, Alex Silvagni
East Fremantle: Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, Jonathon Griffin, Garrick Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Sam Menegola, Cameron Sutcliffe, Josh Simpson, Max Duffy, Alex Howson
Swan Districts: Clancee Pearce, Michael Walters, Lachie Neale, Alex Forster
Perth: Michael Johnson, Chris Mayne, Tendai Mzungu
Subiaco: Ryan Crowley, David Mundy
South Fremantle: Paul Duffield, Haiden Schloithe
West Perth: Kepler Bradley, Stephen Hill, Josh Mellington

They should be able to put together a reasonable team.

PEEL's best players:

Brendon Jones - small midfielder, 175cm, 26 y.o, best and fairest winner 2012 and captain, good accumulator of the ball
Patrick Travers - midfielder, 181cm, 27 y.o, another accumulator
Bradley Holmes - forward, 183cm, 24 y.o, stocky, good mark for size
Kristin Thornton - HFF, 184cm, 24 y.o, played for Sydney Swans for a while, did an ACL, hung around on the list but never made it following the injury, B&F for PEEL 2011
Matt Orzel - Midfielder, 180cm, 27 y.o, runner up B&F 2012
Toby Gianatti - HBF, 22 y.o, 3rd B&F 2012 from only 12 games

Happy for this list to be added to by Peel supporters. I know very little about the list.

Does anyone know how the TV rights work? Will Peel and East Perth games get guaranteed coverage? Never really gave two shits about the WAFL before, but come 2014 I wouldn't mind catching these games.

So I guess Peel will line up something like this next year.

B: ___, Faulks, ___

HB: Crichton, Smith, Pitt

C : Sheridan, Michie, ___

HF: Crozier, Taberner, ___

F: ___, ___, ___

Foll: Hannath, ___, ___

Int: ___, ___, ___, ___

It will be interesting to see how often Peel and East Perth feature on the ABC's sat arvo WAFL spot. I have a sneaking suspicion that East Perth will get more airtime.

So I guess Peel will line up something like this next year.

B: ___, Faulks, ___

HB: Crichton, Smith, Pitt

C : Sheridan, Michie, ___

HF: Crozier, Taberner, ___

F: ___, ___, ___

Foll: Hannath, ___, ___

Int: ___, ___, ___, ___

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pitt and Crozier have 1 more year at Scum reserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back