Review Autopsy/vent thread vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't too dissapointed with lower, cotchin got a lot of cheap kicks that didn't impact the game.
On the other hand, Martin and Deledio tore us a new one.

Macca needs to lay down the law for Higgins, Consistent work rate every week, or enjoy spending the season at willi.

Gia looks old and slow ... again

Cotchin had 36 disposals but didn't impact the game......

???:rolleyes:

Perspective lads. Overall this has been an outstanding weekend for our club. Outstanding. The form of stringer and macrae was thrilling. And the jones boy is coming. Well played today Liam. The forward line for our next tilt at it emerged over the last 24 hours. That's far far more important than watching a bunch of guys that won't be part of it get shredded today by Richmond.

Lets be honest, Brisbane weren't ready to play in round one, and we're really only a bottom 4 or 5 side. Some points I feel justified in making recently that haven't been so popular:

1. Dickson - was caned all summer for question his position in the team and his ability to be part of our future. Slow, medium sized forwards without elite level skills simply don't have a place in the afl.

2. Picken & lower - I don't think we can carry both and expect to run, carry and move the ball as well as we need to to kick winning scores.

We must see changes next week. Dickson must go. Higgins must go. What do we have to lose? Seriously? Make Higgins earn it. I'd drop gia as well, but that won't happen. He didn't even want to play on this season and the club talked him into it. That was a mistake and unfortunately a really great servant of the club will be carried through his final year.

Soooooo:

Out- wood (inj), Dickson, higgins, campbell, lower (sorry guys, can't have picken and lower in the same team), gia

In - jj, stringer, macrae, Cordy, Boyd, Tutt (must must must inject some speed into the team somehow)

Fb: Morris roughie jj
Hb: goodes young cooney
C: macrae Boyd Griffen
Hf: murphy jones dahlhous
Ff: Tutt stringer Cordy
R: Minson picken Libba

Ic: smith, Stevens, cross, wallis

The final score flattered us, if Richmond kicked straight in the first half this result would've been Melbourneesque. Let's face it, we have a very ordinary team and to think otherwise is delusional. The game against Brisbane gave us false hope for a stronger showing this year, but really many of our players are not AFL standard. We always knew that this would be a development year so let's hope that the coaches can do their job and develop enough players to replace those mentioned in many posts above.

Hi Guys - Its not all bad at Doggie land
Whilst it might look bad at the moment there were glimpses of good play at times but there was 1 thing that really stood out to me today and i wont mention any name except 1 that has no right to go unnamed with his insipid performance today & I Really cant believe he puts his hand out to get paid delivering the sh!t he did today
Shaun Higgins - Your a disgrace

The doggies have 4-5 players whilst not bad , need to be moved on to take the next step, These players remind me of the frawley days for us where whilst keeping us at an average level will never take us to the next level where we wanted to be.

Sometimes you need to prune to get better

Well that was ****ing horrible, enough said.

I really hope Macca absolutely smashes them on the track this week and he definitely has to make some changes this week.

Cotchin had 36 disposals but didn't impact the game......

???:rolleyes:
Most of his kicks were handballs out the back from a mark or free kick, and he still didn't use it that well is all.
Of course he had an impact, but the stats flatter him.

Whilst it might look bad at the moment there were glimpses of good play at times but there was 1 thing that really stood out to me today and i wont mention any name except 1 that has no right to go unnamed with his insipid performance today & I Really cant believe he puts his hand out to get paid delivering the sh!t he did today
Shaun Higgins - Your a disgrace
Do you guys want him? Straight swap for Dustin Martin? :D

Most of his kicks were handballs out the back from a mark or free kick, and he still didn't use it that well is all.
Of course he had an impact, but the stats flatter him.

Fair enough, although I thought he was pretty good and still had 5 inside 50s (3rd most of all tigers)

Couldn't have been much poorer, match ups were horrible from start;

Having Picken a defensive weapon on an ordinary player like King with Martin running free all day
Campbell not a forward at all, can't jump off ground poor choice
No work into Deledio, by himself at nearly every stoppage
Dickson, Higgins and Gia gave nothing again, even if not injured Dickson was gone, worst on ground for second straight week
Libba maybe reading too many papers this week, hopeless today

Positives
People doubting Crossy, gee I wish we had another player with as big a heart as him
Jones showed he is capable
Cooney moving like old

Richmond looked quick and skillful. we looked slow and deplorable. few points:

What has happened to Picken's kicking this year? His disposal has been terrible. Must be on thin ice.

Higgens has to go, all hype no substance. Been the case for three seasons now.

Dickson i would give one more chance. At least he presents but far to often misses the target.

When you have Dickson, Clay Smith, Picken all butchering the ball time and time again, its a case of constantly pushing the proverbial up hill.

Have we not learned anything from Carlton? Ruckman cannot be turned into key forwrds. Campbell might as well have been a lamp post.

Griffen is by far and away our best player its not funny. He and Murphy are our only two 'class' players. Compare Murphy's workrate to Higgens, chalk and cheese. Further no way Wallis should be next captain, has to be Griffen.

Tom Campbells 5 possessions and 5 hit outs might cost 20 grand for bringing in a non emergency player to replace Cordy. Given Tom didn't play for willi yesterday, surely they knew something was up with Cordy? Shouldve lodged a request to the afl or something

Warning to opposition posters , constructive criticism is welcomed but keep it above the line. Trolling will not be tolerated
You're a bit late Mike. There was a poster called "keilorunder9s" running rampant on this thread earlier and I am amazed that he wasn't red carded immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a bit late Mike. There was a poster called "keilorunder9s" running rampant on this thread earlier and I am amazed that he wasn't red carded immediately.
Was dealt with as soon as I had the opportunity.

Guys, It will be fine. We all know this was going to happen every now and then this year, next week we will probably play a competitive game again. We are young and inconsistent. But today was horrible no doubt about it.

There definitely has to be some changes this week, Macrae is a must and I wouldn't be against Stringer as well either, would love to see them both this week. Then hopefully Hrovat is back from injury to play at Willy and make a case for the next few weeks. Boyd will hopefully be back. Same with Cordy hopefully.

Our list is in no different position than it was 2 weeks ago, we just played a ****ing shocking game, dont give up hope yet!

Tom Campbells 5 possessions and 5 hit outs might cost 20 grand for bringing in a non emergency player to replace Cordy. Given Tom didn't play for willi yesterday, surely they knew something was up with Cordy? Shouldve lodged a request to the afl or something
Can someone explain why us fools are asked to shell out money for memberships when the AFL can come along and take our hard earned money in fines! I am sure the club didn't do this on purpose.

If we do get fined, I would think very seriously about any future financial support for the team I follow. I pay membership and buy raffle tickets in the hope of seeing this club become successful, not for Andrew Demetriou and his management to have lunches at my expense!

They still owe us an extra draft pick for Callan Ward because he is twice the value of Scully!

Guys, It will be fine. We all know this was going to happen every now and then this year, next week we will probably play a competitive game again. We are young and inconsistent. But today was horrible no doubt about it.

There definitely has to be some changes this week, Macrae is a must and I wouldn't be against Stringer as well either, would love to see them both this week. Then hopefully Hrovat is back from injury to play at Willy and make a case for the next few weeks. Boyd will hopefully be back. Same with Cordy hopefully.

Our list is in no different position than it was 2 weeks ago, we just played a ******* shocking game, dont give up hope yet!
It wasn't so much as a bad game, a learning game, but the fact that it exposed a lot of flaws in our gameplan.

Higgins- Woeful
Gia - Not sighted
Campbell - Way off
But many others added to that today

Only Young, Griffin, Cooney, Morris, Roughie and Jones can hold their head up today.

Terrible from start to finish.

Wallice - Worst game I've seen him play. I know he had 22 disposals, but uncharacteristically no heart.
Dickson - Butchered every chance he had

Richmond - Garbage for three quarters and still did us by 12 goals.

It's tempting to compare that performance to 2012. The scoreboard was certainly reminiscent of then. But I actually think it was very different.

Last year we would come out and have a dip at the start of the match. We were all revved up. But our skills were utterly shocking. And our system was non-existent. As was our Forward line. We'd scrap our way to 6 arsey goals. And then we'd run out of puff. And that's where the game would end, as the other team piled on 12 more goals.

But today was very different. It was better in some ways and worse in others. Firstly we did not come out and have a dip. At all. There was zero running effort, either offensively or defensively, from the first bounce. But on the other hand, our skills and system and forward line were better. Our disposal efficiency was in the 60s - we could only dream of that late last year. Our system was there in shreds and patches (compared to NEVER late last year). And we had at least one Forward who looked likely.

Those 3 positives were only mild ones of course - and all 3 fell well short of the mark. Furthermore those positives were more than outweighed by the massive negative of a complete lack of effort - resulting in a 2012-esque scoreline.

But we should at least be specific about what the problem is, so it can hopefully be remedied.

This loss paired with me and the missus breaking up.

All on my 21st :(

/wrist
Puts things into perspective. Sorry to hear that mate. Chin up and try to salvage something from your 21st. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back