Mod. Notice 2013 Geelong Board Poster of the Year - nominations open

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the "man" and the "boob". I am in the "Yin" and "Yang". The "big" and the "footy". The "Matthew" and the "Scarlett". I am the beginning and the end. Look upon my face and see God.

Also my thesis is kinda hard so I use "teh interwebz" to blow off some steam.

Your also the runway at the airport (where the planes roll) , the metal wood at the golf club and the Nature strip thats got artificial grass. :thumbsu:

WeirdThread_zps90a0e5e5.gif

I'm not really on enough to have much of informed opinion but Dazbroncos would be my pick....

Go Daz

In all seriousness I rate Partridge really highly as a poster... he does get the blinkers on occasionally but is generally pretty spot on and not afraid to call a spade a spade..
I do have one request tho..... If you insist on replying to 8 posts with the exact same point one after the after can you just multi quote them and keep it all together!! :D

Other than that keep fighting the good fight

In all seriousness I rate Partridge really highly as a poster... he does get the blinkers on occasionally but is generally pretty spot on and not afraid to call a spade a spade..
I do have one request tho..... If you insist on replying to 8 posts with the exact same point one after the after can you just multi quote them and keep it all together!! :D

Other than that keep fighting the good fight

Did you just say the same thing 2 posts in a row?
Not 7 or 8 perhaps, but it's a start.

Did you just say the same thing 2 posts in a row?
Not 7 or 8 perhaps, but it's a start.
It's part of my training

Plus I had to separate the joke from the somewhat serious point

I've thought long and hard about this over the past couple of days. There's so many great posters here that it's almost an injustice to not pick them all. I'll have to add a few honourable mentions just to ease the guilt I think. I'll also apologise about the fact that I'll be talking about the nominated posters in third person, whilst tagging them into the post, which may seem odd, but for the benefit of presenting to everyone else why I've chosen my noms - but respecting the nominees by tagging them in - there isn't really any other way. So, with that being said, I shall get on with business.

POTY nominees:

MC Extra Dollop - This guy would have to be one of, if not the most respected poster on the Geelong board. Very intelligent, articulate and always presents well reasoned arguments. I rarely disagree with anything he posts. His observations are razor sharp, and always spot on.

Partridge - This bloke is a no bullshit, straight shooter who doesn't suffer fools gladly. He's managed to combine extreme passion, whilst having the ability to amazingly keep his emotions in check in order to present his points of view in a measured and calculated manner. I love the way he goes about things and I usually agree with everything he says.

The Pivotonian - I highly respect this poster for his football knowledge in general, and his knowledge on some of the young talent coming through the system. I especially enjoy reading his perspective on the SANFL youngsters, even if it is a little biased:p! But when he posts, I'll take notice because he's generally always on the ball with everything.

Rising Star:

There's only one and that's Catgirl. No one else comes even close to her. I've been absolutely blown away by this young lass since she's joined the forum. She's as good a poster as just about any of the best here, and puts Jaeger O'Meara's debut season to shame. To put into context just how good a debut year on the forums that she's had, I'll need to use an analogy. Imagine a 15 year old, playing their debut season in the AFL and having played in all 22 games, taking out the rising star nomination in a canter, and then threatening to take Charlie home too. Yes, that's how good her debut has been, and she was seriously close to getting a POTY nomination from me as well. I rarely disagree with anything she posts, she's worldly-wise well beyond her years, and regularly owns many older and more experienced posters on here. A legal career on the cards, me thinks...

Honourable Mentions:

thejester - This fella has carved a niche as being the guy on the Geelong board with regard to emerging talent at junior level. If he mentions a name, people generally take notice. The National Draft preview that he wrote was brilliantly informative, and very well written.

Footy Smarts - This guy doesn't post a great deal on the Geelong board and therefore slips under the radar a bit. A very underrated poster is FS, but a nonetheless highly intelligent poster who I respect a lot. I suspect he has a hectic work schedule, hence not having a lot of time to come on, but his posts are always spot on. His observational skills are in my mind second to none. He lives up to his name and is as smart as they come.

FredLeDeux - This old chap has gone from discovering the internet at a ripe old age, to almost winning the internet in just over a year. A very witty, knowledgable and humorous poster is our Fred, and a real pleasure to have around the place. I suspect that his Football knowledge is perhaps slightly underrated also, but that's because his style of posting is on the lighter side of things. Fred certainly doesn't take himself too seriously, and that makes him the unique poster that most of us love.

BF Geelong Board Cunny Funt:

Ok, so I made this one up. But it had to be done. There's a lot of great, funny posters on here who post up some great stuff, ranging from very funny comments to hilarious gifs. Having put in a lot of thought into this, I couldn't go past manboob for this gong. Funny name, even funnier avatars, and of course all the great pics, gifs and comments.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the BF Geelong Board this year to make it as good as it has been. I'd also like to thank all the moderators for their tireless work in ensuring that we have this place in its current state to converse about the game and club which we love so much. And one final mention goes out to the wonderful people which I had the pleasure of meeting at the BF meet-up earlier in the year, one of whom wasn't the first time I met. Shell for organising the meet-up, KittyAilurophile for making the trip down from Sydney, MD, Shaneo48 and of course The rabbi who I knew a decade ago in a previous life living in Geelong. It was a pleasure and hopefully we can meet up again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to nominate Partridge until I saw he gave me my first (and no doubt last) vote, figured anyone whose character is so flawed they'd do that doesn't deserve a nomination.

Just kiddin' despite getting off to a bad start in the match day thread Vs North in round two he still gets my vote, mainly for the reasons articulated above by Strangled Cat.

1. Partridge.

2. FredLeDeux. Really like his humour.

3. MC Extra Dollop. Again, largely for the reasons given by Strangled Cat.

RS. Catgirl. Dare I say it, Strangled Cat nailed it perfectly once again (heck maybe I should nominate him) This young lady even got a standing ovation on the Dawks board at one stage, say's a lot about the quality of her writing.

I am the "man" and the "boob". I am in the "Yin" and "Yang". The "big" and the "footy". The "Matthew" and the "Scarlett". I am the beginning and the end. Look upon my face and see God.

Also my thesis is kinda hard so I use "teh interwebz" to blow off some steam.
Sounds like you need more fiber in your diet and make sure you drink plenty of water.

Was going to nominate Partridge until I saw he gave me my first (and no doubt last) vote, figured anyone whose character is so flawed they'd do that doesn't deserve a nomination.

Just kiddin' despite getting off to a bad start in the match day thread Vs North in round two he still gets my vote, mainly for the reasons articulated above by Strangled Cat.

1. Partridge.

2. FredLeDeux. Really like his humour.

3. MC Extra Dollop. Again, largely for the reasons given by Strangled Cat.

RS. Catgirl. Dare I say it, Strangled Cat nailed it perfectly once again (heck maybe I should nominate him) This young lady even got a standing ovation on the Dawks board at one stage, say's a lot about the quality of her writing.
It's funny that you mention this, because it was on the Hawthorn board, in the very thread that you're talking about which I first saw her posts. Never have I seen an opposition poster have such a profound positive impact on the collective bunch of dawk supporters as I did when Catgirl put them back in their boxes.

2013 Poster of the Year

Manboob - good value posts
Sttew - not a massive poster but I like what he says

2013 Rising Star

Catgirl - feisty contributor

Special mention to Gysenn.

A committed contributor to the website, and as passionate a supporter for the club as any of us. I've always paid extra attention to his posts. It's hard not to be drawn to them!

Not to mention he has amazing hair :D

A committed contributor to the website, and as passionate a supporter for the club as any of us. I've always paid extra attention to his posts. It's hard not to be drawn to them!

You are allowed to nominate yourself, you know ;)

I bet that hair which Gysenn sports is popular with the chicks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back