Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies Season 17 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Gumbies to the latest edition of STUD & DUD of Round 5

Brought to you by Stud Undies......go on impress your team mates ;)

images

Momentum is in town fellas and we are going to ride it all the way to the beach. Another impressive team performance and some brilliant individual performances, none better than at the selection table. Changes were promised, activity was rewarded and the result was a terrific win against the Royals.

IMG_0399-300x225.jpg

We had a solid opening with our defenders well on top early and if it had not been for inaccuracy we would have had a match winning lead at 1/4 time. Another 11 goal half set us up beautifully as we held an 18 point lead into the main break. We got out early in the 3rd term only to be reeled in by the determined Royals but each time they challenged we met it head on. In a last term that had momentum changes a plenty we kicked some clutch goals to earn another 4 points and move into the top half of the table.

We had solid contributions all over the park. BoshtrichBurger again shone in the ruck with 18 hitouts and 22 possessions, Barkly St End led the defence superbly and was assisted by StFly, BotsMaster picked up 23 touches, Mr Gor again showed he is true leader on the field with 27 disposals, DREAM TEAM BUFF had a belter with 22 touches, 4 tackles and 2 goals, Bacon Warrior showed some fine form with 18 possessions, peterss again dominated play with 27 disposals but the standout perfomances came from a 2nd game player and a player who was itching to be moved to a clutch position. GETSOMENUTS was dominant in his 2nd game against one of SFA's leading players in Easty. With 36 disposal he justified the leadership groups decision to move him to the wing and after this display he may well have it on his own. Another key decision by the leadership group was to have winty assist in developing a new FF who could springboard to another level and become the future goal sneak of the club Bucketss did not let us down with an impressive 6 -2 from 8 kicks
Stud and Dud will be announced shortly

Stay Tuned

images
images

STUD
Nominations for STUD of the round are - GETSOMENUTS in only his 2nd game he followed up an impressive debut to totally wow the crowd with his 36 disposal...A player to be watched closely. Bucketss for his superbly taken 6 goals, provided a target and helped spread confidence across the side;) to ensure our victory

images

DUD
Well if you have lived under a rock or are new to the Gumby's we have a DUD of the week which generally goes to a player who is inactive and plays in a less than prominent position. The aim of the award is not just to take the piss out of them but to encourage them to be more active and put their hands up for the better spots on the quooty field.
Nominations for DUD of the week are JStar589 has not only gone missing on the threads but also on the field...the 2 seem to go hand in hand, so get your hand of it and join in the fun. swannies gets another crack at the award after his 1 disposal game... nearly as many posts as touches for him there.

Winners and non Winners (there are no losers here) announced shortly-------stick around

Thanks ABH, getting the stud of the round is great, I look forward to continue dominating a wing, I do have to thank BoshtrichBurger, who without his awesome tap work, I couldnt have amassed half the possessions I did.

Thought he tapped it down to me, Mr Gor and peterss and we fed it out to you....my bad

Excited to be at the gumbies, what number am I gonna be wearing this season?

Seeing as #6 is gone, #7 looks pretty good ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect

Am I playing this weekend?
Lets drown these sewer rats

Provided you stay active between now and the time of naming the side then you will be playing.

Just so we dont have to go back into the sign up thread to find it can you give us your three preferred positions in here :)

Provided you stay active between now and the time of naming the side then you will be playing.

Just so we dont have to go back into the sign up thread to find it can you give us your three preferred positions in here :)

1: Forward Pocket
2: Midfield
3: Back Pocket

Alright peterss I'm back for good! Someone made an account with a name similar to mine, and started flogging up the FJGD board, and my account was accidentally banned, and mods say they can't get it back.
Gumby-1-.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back