Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Runners should be restricted to a no entry into either 50m arc, if they need to talk to a full forward/full back then they can meet them at the 50 when its appropriate to do so...

Or only when there is a break in play. ie ; goal scored, blood rule or stretcher.

There is noooo need for these blokes anymore. They rotate so often that im sure the coach can get them a msg ffs.

And if they don't know that there is 39 sec left when they look up at the screen and it reads 30+ min then why are they playing footy in the first place???

Not a shot at Geelong. Just an observation. Their past month has been - close win over Richmond, smashed by Freo, just going through the motions v Norf, belted by Sydney & falling across the against us. If they are actually aiming at going one step further this year than last (or even equalling last year) - they better improve quickly.
Cant see them finishing inside the top 4 TBH.

Hey guys,

Just a question to try and get a form line guide.

Did you guys think the Blues played a genuinely good game last night?

I thought we were pretty ordinary, but I can't seem to work out if you were good, or we were bad.

Any help?

I'm ok with the loss and I'm more annoyed at losing to Brisbane due once again to the umpires and being in the lead and losing. Once again if we had kicked straight we might of just of jagged the win.

Hey guys,

I thought we were pretty ordinary, but I can't seem to work out if you were good, or we were bad.

Any help?
Yep. We made you look ordinary.

Also you must admit that that bizarre play on call on Tom Hawkins taking his shot in the 4th which would have given Geelong the lead was clearly a crucial decisions that went Carltons way at a crucial time.

He took over 30 seconds like he does (almost) every single time he takes a mark forward of CHF. The umpire, finally, called play on accordingly.

If only they did it every time.

The guy reckons he's Matthew Lloyd. Watch out. Next he'll incorporate the throwing of a blade of grass.

Hey guys,

Any help?

At times I thought we played very good football. But have to admit to there being plenty of times on Friday where I felt like we were genuinely going through the motions. This was moreso in the latter half of the first and periods of the second quarter than at any other time in the match. I was proud of our second half.

Tonight's game was like the polar opposite of friday night's game in terms of umpiring. 15 free kicks in total on friday & there was already 47 free kicks only half way through the last quarter.

All we want is consistency. Adjusting the umpiring for the rest of the weekend to try and compensate for a poor effort on friday night is just even more infuriating.

If Carlton & Geelong (mainly carlton) are going to get screwed on Friday night by the umps, then every other team should be screwed for the rest of the weekend.

Tonight's game was like the polar opposite of friday night's game in terms of umpiring. 15 free kicks in total on friday & there was already 47 free kicks only half way through the last quarter.

All we want is consistency. Adjusting the umpiring for the rest of the weekend to try and compensate for a poor effort on friday night is just even more infuriating.

If Carlton & Geelong (mainly carlton) are going to get screwed on Friday night by the umps, then every other team should be screwed for the rest of the weekend.

Yeh lets over compensate to make it look better..FFS

Seriously if the frees are there just pay then Campbell you moron.

Seen the most biased umpiring in a sporting event ever last night when watching the Sino Challenge Basketball series between Australia and China.

Absolutely disgusting, sorry not football related but I urge everyone who thinks we were hard done by to try and watch a replay of that game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting, sorry not football related but I urge everyone who thinks we were hard done by to try and watch a replay of that game....

Reminded me of watching an OK City or Houston Rockets game. China hitting 30 of 48 free throws, WTF?

This NBA Finals game = just as bad. In the final two minutes LeBron hits Parker in the head, no call, then Wade rakes his hands over Manu's eyes (which he responded to by being blinded) again a no call. Then down the other end they make the instantaneous call against Kawhi (which was there). Either one of those calls and it's 2-0 Spurs and the Leonard foul doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Reminded me of watching an OK City or Houston Rockets game. China hitting 30 of 48 free throws, WTF?

This NBA Finals game = just as bad. In the final two minutes LeBron hits Parker in the head, no call, then Wade rakes his hands over Manu's eyes (which he responded to by being blinded) again a no call. Then down the other end they make the instantaneous call against Kawhi (which was there). Either one of those calls and it's 2-0 Spurs and the Leonard foul doesn't happen.
Agree Wick, how about the phantom call on Wade in the first half when Manu takes a swipe at the ball and gets all ball and Wade flops around like he got a hit in the head, should receive a fine and warning from the league.

The missed foul on Lebron late in the game was crucial but they can also point to missed free throws and coming up empty after the flagrant foul, will Chalmers be suspended upon league review ??

Agree Wick, how about the phantom call on Wade in the first half when Manu takes a swipe at the ball and gets all ball and Wade flops around like he got a hit in the head, should receive a fine and warning from the league.

The missed foul on Lebron late in the game was crucial but they can also point to missed free throws and coming up empty after the flagrant foul, will Chalmers be suspended upon league review ??

The NBA need to do more on the flop. If a noticeable flop happens in the playoffs the player involved should be suspended rather than fined. A fine doesn't change the players mindset as winning the championship means much more than losing a little money. Could you imagine what would happen if Wade or Manu (he flops too) were facing a suspension during the NBA Finals? I guarantee that they wouldn't flop ever again. The other stuff, I agree with you.

The Spurs, like Carlton, screwed themselves out of the win (as much as both teams can point to the umpires, the Spurs had their chances, as did we to eliminate the 'screw job'). However, as the NBA's and FIBA's officiating goes to show, their impact in a great many team sports really is substandard when compared to the skill level of the players. I'm not certain what they can do in the NBA or what FIBA can do (you're going to get b/s calls when you're playing some countries, though last night was over the top). At least with the AFL they have the easiest decision to make -- that AFL umpiring should be a full time profession. A little coaching, which Wayne Campbell suggested that Meredith and co. will take would be done on a much larger scale if they were full time.

This from the HUN's wrap-up of the weekend.

Robbo you are a biased, pathetic, poor excuse of a journalist.

5. Umpire bashing. The Blues lost, the umpires made an error because they couldn’t see Rivers make contact with Menzel, because coaches love to have plenty of players around the ball — that’s how coaches want the game played. Disappointing from Mick Malthouse to blame the umpires, because his players made more mistakes than the umpires."

6. Nigel Lappin. Too close, far too close for that moment of the game. Don’t agree it was a free kick because the umpire was preparing to throw it up and Mitch Robinson was moving away from the area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h-and-discipline/story-fni5f0at-1226947568625

Last edited:
This from the HUN's wrap-up of the weekend.

Robbo you are a biased, pathetic, poor excuse of a journalist.

"5. Umpire bashing. The Blues lost, the umpires made an error because they couldn’t see Rivers make contact with Menzel, because coaches love to have plenty of players around the ball — that’s how coaches want the game played. Disappointing from Mick Malthouse to blame the umpires, because his players made more mistakes than the umpires."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h-and-discipline/story-fni5f0at-1226947568625

No surprise Gibbs didn't even make the 10 things he liked.

What a pathetic excuse for a journo.

Funnily enough - he tweeted after the game we were screwed by the umpires.

No surprise Gibbs didn't even make the 10 things he liked.

What a pathetic excuse for a journo.

Funnily enough - he tweeted after the game we were screwed by the umpires.

Then he had time to return to his ongoing anti-Carlton bias. Let's see if my comments get published...

"A great game on Friday night and all you do is give Malthouse a bake for stating the bleeding obvious and defend two umpiring decisions. Robbo you are a biased, pathetic, poor excuse of a journalist."

Last edited:
Marley Williams got the softest free kick for high contact at the start of the last. He ducked.

Isn't that why Menz apparently didn't get one?

Seen the most biased umpiring in a sporting event ever last night when watching the Sino Challenge Basketball series between Australia and China.

Roy Jones Jr. v Park Si-Hun, Korea Olympics 1988.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-10/aflca-votes-round-12?utm_medium=RSS

Geelong vs Carlton
10 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
8 Tom Hawkins (Geel)
6 Mathew Stokes (Geel)
2 Cameron Guthrie (Geel)
2 Dale Thomas (Carl)
1 Andrew Carrazzo (Carl)
1 Chris Yarran (Carl)

LEADERBOARD
63 Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)
57 Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans)
52 Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
50 Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)
43 Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)
38 Nathan Jones (Melbourne
38 Joel Selwood (Geelong)
37 Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
37 Bryce Gibbs (Carlton)
37 Matthew Priddis (West Coast)

So Gibbsy is equal with Fyfe, 1 behind Selwood & Jones. Pretty good season he is putting together. If Fyfe is demanding 800k, getting Gibbs for 500-600 is pretty good.

Looks like he is ahead of Danger, Beams, Swan, Mundy etc.

Reckon Gibbs should be at least in the 40 man AA squad atm.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back