List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is you need to create spots on both the main list and the rookie list. At the moment, keeping Cachia and Wood on the rookie list would mean no promotions, and only 1 spot for the rookie draft (where we almost perform better than the normal draft).

If we plan to keep these guys for depth, we could promote them with short term contracts on the senior list to balance out our rookie and senior spots.

As far as I am concerned, if a rookie player isn't getting a game or killing it in the vfl, there is no way they should be taking up a spot on our main list.
With Scotland now off it, it wouldn't surprise me if Cachia is let go.
Im not all over what the rookies are doing in the vfl, but if they aren't killing it, they will either go or be given one extra year there to prove themselves.

As far as I am concerned, if a rookie player isn't getting a game or killing it in the vfl, there is no way they should be taking up a spot on our main list.
Im not all over what the rookies are doing in the vfl, but if they aren't killing it, they will either go or be given one extra year there to prove themselves.
Cachia has been in the bests in the VFL 5 times from 9 games. Unfortunately was suspended a couple? weeks ago.

Just wondering how many chances players get to be drafted can they keeping trying ever year until they are to odd and how many times can a player be drafted then delisted then drafted again?

My point is you need to create spots on both the main list and the rookie list. At the moment, keeping Cachia and Wood on the rookie list would mean no promotions, and only 1 spot for the rookie draft (where we almost perform better than the normal draft).

If we plan to keep these guys for depth, we could promote them with short term contracts on the senior list to balance out our rookie and senior spots.

Scotland has gone.
Reynolds and Cachia may be the two rookies in danger.
We can keep Byrne on the International list for another year.
If we did move one of the primary listed rucks on, it wouldn't be inconceivable should Wood get a promotion.
Johnson may just get a promotion. Just a small possibility dependent on what transpires on the main list.

The CFC would have a pretty good idea on things but even at this late date, things can change..............They have before.

Might be worth doing another update on where the list sits with the guys out HARKER

By my calculations, as it is currently with the 3 confirmed guys off our list (Scotto off the RL and Duigs/Boots off the SL) we will have:

36 guys currently on the Senior List, with 5 rookies + Byrne before any delistings, more retirements or trade action.

Players I'd suggest to be in real trouble are:

Possible Retirements
Carrazzo
Juddy (hope not)
Waite

Possible Trade Bait
McLean
Lucas
Garlett
Waite
Robbo
Ellard
Armfield

Possible Delistings
McLean
Temay
Cachia
Armfield

Note, some of the above may be contracted to can't be delisted - but if they aren't signed, could be goneski.

Can easily see another 5 x changes including trade/delists including the above 3, meaning we could move to draft at least 4 x guys and target a few via FA and trade.

Can't delist Armfield or McLean both contracted (Mclean confirmed he has a contract on radio the other week). Unless we pay them out.

Might be worth doing another update on where the list sits with the guys out HARKER

By my calculations, as it is currently with the 3 confirmed guys off our list (Scotto off the RL and Duigs/Boots off the SL) we will have:
36 guys currently on the Senior List, with 5 rookies + Byrne before any delistings, more retirements or trade action.
Players I'd suggest to be in real trouble are:

Possible Retirements
Carrazzo
Juddy (hope not)
Waite

Possible Trade Bait
McLean
Lucas
Garlett
Waite
Robbo
Ellard
Armfield

Possible Delistings
McLean
Temay
Cachia
Armfield

Note, some of the above may be contracted to can't be delisted - but if they aren't signed, could be goneski.

Can easily see another 5 x changes including trade/delists including the above 3, meaning we could move to draft at least 4 x guys and target a few via FA and trade.

You've left a few out that may not see another year with us but really...............It's too early to put things down to 100%

There's some way to go yet.

Thought Army/McLean might be contracted - trade bait for sure...

Yeah next 4-6 weeks will be telling - a lot of guys playing for their career (at CFC anyway).

Can't delist Armfield or McLean both contracted (Mclean confirmed he has a contract on radio the other week). Unless we pay them out.
Whaaaaa?

Who in their right mind gave him 2 years last year? I thought he signed a 1 year deal in 12, with a 1 year performance based option....no news of re-signing since then?

Whaaaaa?

Who in their right mind gave him 2 years last year? I thought he signed a 1 year deal in 12, with a 1 year performance based option....no news of re-signing since then?

I'm assuming his contract last year included a similar performance based option - and considering Mick won't drop him, you'd think he's triggered it.

Micro, Macro or Mick must go .... Fox Footy Friday night arseholes showing some ignorance.

King, no young talent except maybe Menzel and err ... Henderson still sort of young. Cripps already written off, Buckley's rising star nomination didn't happen. Idiot.

Ricciuto .... no good lines, used to think forward line is good when Yarran, Garlett and Betts were up there, now they are not playing well and Betts is at Adelaide. So Yarran is not playing well? He's down back and playing well you ignoramus.

Honestly, do they take a 5 second look at our list before going on air?

It's bad but they make it sound like we have a couple of good players only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats Warnocks trade value?

Wood showed how valuable a ruckman that can contribute around the ground is tonight, and I think we (me especially) had forgotten about that and just been woo'd by his hit out dominance

Whats Warnocks trade value?

Wood showed how valuable a ruckman that can contribute around the ground is tonight, and I think we (me especially) had forgotten about that and just been woo'd by his hit out dominance
not very much at all. all the other teams know he doesnt get possessions around the ground and cant mark. Will be far less than what we got for Hampson as he has potential around the ground.

Id say 3rd rounder at best.

better to keep as backup

Cachia has been named in the best player just about every week in the VFL and unluck to not to get a game at AFL level

I'm leaning towards the list having half a dozen changes. Out Scotland, Duigan, Bootsma, Watson, Lucas and Temay. No need to promote any of the rookie players. Pinch a couple during the trade period and three or four in the draft.

Micro, Macro or Mick must go .... Fox Footy Friday night arseholes showing some ignorance.

King, no young talent except maybe Menzel and err ... Henderson still sort of young. Cripps already written off, Buckley's rising star nomination didn't happen. Idiot.

Ricciuto .... no good lines, used to think forward line is good when Yarran, Garlett and Betts were up there, now they are not playing well and Betts is at Adelaide. So Yarran is not playing well? He's down back and playing well you ignoramus.

Honestly, do they take a 5 second look at our list before going on air?

It's bad but they make it sound like we have a couple of good players only.

It annoys me how these so called commentators and journalists are never held accountable for there stupid comments.
I suppose its another reason why sites like bigfooty exist so we can forever record these stupid statements and quote them when necessary.
If posts like these have to be remembered because these commentators and journalists will never apologise or admit they were wrong they just sweep it under the carpet and take a cheap uninformed pot shot at the next cab off the rank.

Good post ODN, Egg on faces "expert commentators"

SamCro has made a believer of me. So has white. Both are good defenders that will improve and can both play forward.

Levi has the best hand in the comp. He will be a forty goal forward, mark my words.

With rowe, jammo, white, kreuz, hendo, Levi and waite, we have enough talls. Have wood as a very decent backup and Watson pushing for a gig as a fwd.

This reinforces the need to add great midfield talent in the draft and via trade.

My comment is a lateral one. In response to the acknowledgement earlier this year that our list is generally a team of "introverts" it is my view we need work towards a balance of extrovert and introvert players. On-field leadership is one of our major weaknesses at present and a greater balance of the two personality types will help overcome that problem.

It annoys me how these so called commentators and journalists are never held accountable for there stupid comments.
I suppose its another reason why sites like bigfooty exist so we can forever record these stupid statements and quote them when necessary.
If posts like these have to be remembered because these commentators and journalists will never apologise or admit they were wrong they just sweep it under the carpet and take a cheap uninformed pot shot at the next cab off the rank.

Good post ODN, Egg on faces "expert commentators"
I think we need to be balanced. Mick's micro-macro comment smacked of arrogance and being a smart aleck. Similarly the "sensationalist" media stories are hyped to sell newspapers or raise TV-radio ratings. Both are a part of where the game is at and aren't going away any time soon. The one we can control to some degree is the media presence of our coach.

I think we need to be balanced. Mick's micro-macro comment smacked of arrogance and being a smart aleck. Similarly the "sensationalist" media stories are hyped to sell newspapers or raise TV-radio ratings. Both are a part of where the game is at and aren't going away any time soon. The one we can control to some degree is the media presence of our coach.

agreed I was very unimpressed with his performance in the press conference.
Its part of his role as coach, I guarantee you if you see chris judd down the street he will talk to you, sign something and let you take a picture. Chris understands that this is part of his job, mick hasn't grasp that in 30 odd years of coaching.

agreed I was very unimpressed with his performance in the press conference.
Its part of his role as coach, I guarantee you if you see chris judd down the street he will talk to you, sign something and let you take a picture. Chris understands that this is part of his job, mick hasn't grasp that in 30 odd years of coaching.
Nicely put!! I'm surprised Mick can't see the value of positively interacting with the media.....perhaps a hangover from how different the 80s-90s media pack were to the 21st century group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back