Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I rather see Yarran hitting Boyd on the lead then watch it happen with Cameron.........against us.
Masten kicking to Kennedy didn't hurt us this year.

If Boyd starts to approach his peak in his sixth season ala Yarran, the latter will be close to 30.

If Jamison is traded as part of a package, would we have a go at Frawley?

The Giants traded Adams for Shaw who isn't a kid.

Last edited:
I would hate to see Cripps sent this early into his career!

I feel it needs to be Walker or possibly Jamison.

If it is Jamison and our first, I think that swings the deal a little more in our favour to ask for something else like a O'Rourke or possibly Greene to somehow be thrown into the package. Jamison has just turned 28, probably has 3 great years in him and would definitely help them improve their backline along with giving it more guidance.

If Phil Davis does (for some strange reason) go back to Adelaide (as Adelaide want him back) they surely would have a huge need for Jamison to come into their team.

Gosh darn. I read this before I had a coffee and thought you meant Kreuz and Simmo. I was going to glare at you so hard....

As much as I love these guys in a non sexual way... lol
That might be better than sending them pick 6.
Kruezer hopefully gets back to his best, but what happens if his body fails him?
And Simmo only has a year or so left.
We won't send both, but looking 5 years into the future, we maybe better off with a trade like that.

I now feel dirty for saying that...

As much as I love these guys in a non sexual way... lol
That might be better than sending them pick 6.
Kruezer hopefully gets back to his best, but what happens if his body fails him?
And Simmo only has a year or so left.
We won't send both, but looking 5 years into the future, we maybe better off with a trade like that.
I now feel dirty for saying that...

I'm not talking to you for the rest of the day. :(

if we are prepared to offer up anything to get Boyd this year, why didn't we try and get pick 1 last year and draft him? would have been easier then trying to get him this year you would have thought?

On a unrelated note do we still have any interest in potential bargain deals for young players finding it hard to break into strong teams?

e.g Membrey, Kyle Martin, Hallahan etc

With all of the talls in Sydney, I think Membrey will want to look for another club to play at.
Best mates with Nick Graham, so we might be in there with a chance to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hate to see Cripps sent this early into his career!

I feel it needs to be Walker or possibly Jamison.

If it is Jamison and our first, I think that swings the deal a little more in our favour to ask for something else like a O'Rourke or possibly Greene to somehow be thrown into the package. Jamison has just turned 28, probably has 3 great years in him and would definitely help them improve their backline along with giving it more guidance.

If Phil Davis does (for some strange reason) go back to Adelaide (as Adelaide want him back) they surely would have a huge need for Jamison to come into their team.

Sorry, I love Jamison, but putting him in with say #6 won't get us O'Rourke (a #1 pick from 2012) or Greene (a #11 pick from 2011) on top of Boyd (the #1 pick from 2013). I mean as much as I would LOVE this to be the case, it just ain't gonna happen (please let me be wrong). We MAY get their 2nd rd pick back, but a player around the O'Rouke/Greene mold isn't going to occur.

My DREAM scenario (which isn't going to happen) would be to send Jamison (who I REALLY don't want to lose) +#6 + our 2nd rd selection for Boyd and Jaksch. Lets face it, Jamison isn't going to be around for our next push at a flag :)'() but with a little bit of a reshuffle (Henderson back) and a bit of development we could revitalize out KPP stocks. I would even make it #6 + Walker + Jamison for Boyd + Jaksch + their 2nd rd selection if that is what was required.

This reminds me of the situation that the Hawks were in not too long ago, needing to revitalize their list. They made some hard calls, had the balls to lose players who wouldn't be around for their next flag and "stole" one in 2008. As much as it would hurt to lose some best 10 players I think we are at the stage where the hard decisions need to be made.

With all of the talls in Sydney, I think Membrey will want to look for another club to play at.
Best mates with Nick Graham, so we might be in there with a chance to get him.

Same height as Kane Lucas so not really a tall.

Has ability to go through the centre and could be a versatile that Mick may like.

I just hope that when deciding who to offload for Boyd that the powers that be keep in mind that trading Judd for Kennedy did not net us a premiership during Judd's career (calling it now).

Neither would have hanging onto Kennedy and drafting Masten.

Our approach is a lot more proactive today then it has been over the past few years.
Boyd would be a boon, even if we lost one of what we may have several of.

Boyd is under contract so we have to match his value or GWS will just hold on to him. Pick 6ish + a player who we don't want to lose or who doesn't want to go.

Warnock for late 2nd rounder, package that late 2nd rounder with Garlett and try to get a late 1st rounder (say Freo around #15). See how we go with #6 and #15 for Boyd. GWS would still baulk at it but with Carlton on the slide in the eyes of other clubs, would they want to take the PSD risk next year?
Pick 6, Garlett and Warnock for Boyd?

No thanks. I understand he might be a star but that's too big a blow to our depth.

Pick 6, Garlett and Warnock for Boyd?

No thanks. I understand he might be a star but that's too big a blow to our depth.

Would be very happy for that deal without any fear of dropping depth.
Given current form that would amount to the pick #6 plus a third and possibly a fourth rounder.

Unfortunately though it will cost just a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back