Preview 1st Semi Final -Fremantle v Port (Opposition supporters welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think umpires hurt us this game
Last week crucified us and possibly affected out come of the match
This week didn't make any difference
What game were you watching, we got no frees inside 50 and they were gifted many.

What game were you watching, we got no frees inside 50 and they were gifted many.
Yea there was a few at the start
And Walters could of got a couple
But he has to stop staging or he won't get even the obvious ones
They missed a few holding the ball when port were tackled but we probably would of missed anyway

Dunno what that's got to do with your game tonight.
Same as this game has to do with Sydney
We were in Sydney last week
I worked out pretty quick there fans know nothing about football
Some I heard speaking did not even know it was a final.
Some fans thought freo was from Melbourne, others were late as they lined up for cafe lattes
So there opinion on afl - not really relevant

You will need a more attacking game plan if you're going to win a GF. Lyon's style doesn't cut it, but that's for another day.
Jesus Christ you muppet we attacked them all the first half. I swear half the people on this site are ignorant numpty sheep

Dunno if this has been mentioned but bloody kudos to Sandi for talking to the guys over on Fox Footy post game, could tell he couldnt give two campaigners about answering there questions but was polite the whole time

Great game tonight, crowd sounded loud too!
how does that crowd go for your attendance records? (forgive the ignorance)

Jesus Christ you muppet we attacked them all the first half. I swear half the people on this site are ignorant numpty sheep
But that's the problem. When Freo have the game on their terms they don't turn that into scoring.

Time and again Freo will have full field dominance that ends up with a score line of 2.5. For other clubs that will be 5.2 or more. So many of the players have such poor conversion that constructive play is blown.

Been a problem for years, not just under Lyon. But he's played with a very defensive forward set up for three years, the chemistry to generate high scores when the team is playing well isn't there, and this has come apparent in finals.

The side desperately needs an injection of class. That means no more De Boer, no more Crowley, and no more Suban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that's the problem. When Freo have the game on their terms they don't turn that into scoring.

Time and again Freo will have full field dominance that ends up with a score line of 2.5. For other clubs that will be 5.2 or more. So many of the players have such poor conversion that constructive play is blown.

Been a problem for years, not just under Lyon. But he's played with a very defensive forward set up for three years, the chemistry to generate high scores when the team is playing well isn't there, and this has come apparent in finals.

The side desperately needs an injection of class. That means no more De Boer, no more Crowley, and no more Suban.
Honest assessment, good read:thumbsu:

You will need a more attacking game plan if you're going to win a GF. Lyon's style doesn't cut it, but that's for another day.
Oh FFS!!....We finished 5th on the 2014 season most goals kicked list! Keep spurting out your inaccurate crap mate.....I love how people regurgitate crap they heard about 3 years ago without actually looking at things now!! Did you fail to see the last game of the season against Port??....How many unanswered goals in a row was it??
Your mob with the supposed best forward in the game kicked a grand total of 3 more goals for the season than we did!!!...yet you guys have the best defense in the AFL in terms of least score against.....So which team plays the most defensive???!!! http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_rankings?year=2014&type=TT&sby=4

Well the proof is in the pudding. Scores of 68 and 83 in two finals probably tells you something.
Will never listen to anything Sydney fans say after listening / watching them pre- during - and after the game.
It was like they were at there first game all 35000 of them. Just shocked at the lack of knowledge of afl, needs some serious promoting or some more money

Will never listen to anything Sydney fans say after listening / watching them pre- during - and after the game.
It was like they were at there first game all 35000 of them. Just shocked at the lack of knowledge of afl, needs some serious promoting or some more money
You're letting your emotions get the better of you. I very much doubt you were even at the game. There was about 100 Freo fans there. Attempting to insult Swans fans en masse won't hide the fact that there's deficiencies in your side, which happens to all clubs at certain times.

Don't be upset. Read the summation from one of your honest and rational fans just a few posts up.

If your game plan was good enough, you would of won a flag by now with it.

Oh FFS!!....We finished 5th on the 2014 season most goals kicked list! Keep spurting out your inaccurate crap mate.....I love how people regurgitate crap they heard about 3 years ago without actually looking at things now!! Did you fail to see the last game of the season against Port??....How many unanswered goals in a row was it??
Your mob with the supposed best forward in the game kicked a grand total of 3 more goals for the season than we did!!!...yet you guys have the best defense in the AFL in terms of least score against.....So which team plays the most defensive???!!! http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_rankings?year=2014&type=TT&sby=4
I'm not regurgitating crap from 3 years ago. Just look at last year's grand final. Groundhog Day viz Ross Lyon's style of play in finals.

I like Freo as a club but I have a low opinion of Lyon's style of coaching. I know he started at Sydney, etc etc, but the game has to keep evolving, and I'm not sure he is moving fast enough.

I'm not regurgitating crap from 3 years ago. Just look at last year's grand final. Groundhog Day viz Ross Lyon's style of play in finals.

I like Freo as a club but I have a low opinion of Lyon's style of coaching. I know he started at Sydney, etc etc, but the game has to keep evolving, and I'm not sure he is moving fast enough.

You avoided his points

You're letting your emotions get the better of you. I very much doubt you were even at the game. There was about 100 Freo fans there. Attempting to insult Swans fans en masse won't hide the fact that there's deficiencies in your side, which happens to all clubs at certain times.

Don't be upset. Read the summation from one of your honest and rational fans just a few posts up.

If your game plan was good enough, you would of won a flag by now with it.

Give us a spare million in the salary cap, draft concession to pick any WA player we want under the F\S bidding rules and our game plan would be good enough.

Last edited:
Not really.

Freo lack class in key areas.

PS. have
Have, of, meh.

I see plenty of class at Freo actually, Walters, Fyfe, Munday, Pav, Sandi, Barlow, Ballantyne, Hill. I don't think it's a case of class, it's a case of how you use that class, similar to how Lyon used a very talented list at St Kilda and turned it into a dull, dull side to watch.

Bit rich for a fan of a club who is actively looked after by the AFL to offer an opinion. Maybe when every club is on level pegging we'll listen to you.

Fremantle can't go out and buy the best forward in the game like some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back