Live Event 2014 NAB AFL Draft Discussion - Coming to a Board Near You...

Remove this Banner Ad

So Reece McKEnzie, Keitel and Foster could all be rookie picks? Nice.
Edit and Hammelman

Dont need to be a genius to see what our list needs. Why focus on one thing instead of filling multiple holes...
Boyd is all the tall we'll ever need ;)

I'm happy though if we go for best available rather than to fill a need. It's all well and good to go for a tall but what if it's the next Tim Walsh? Pass

Don't know a few of these but the draft boys all say Webb is good and McLean is like Jamie Elliot isn't he, so that's good. We need quality footballers, in whatever shape they take.

The people that are melting about us passing on McKenzie et al, every other club has passed on him plus others multiple times. That says something isn't right and there's something we don't know, maybe he's not the best selection.

I'm the first to admit that this draft has surprised me - it's not the direction I expected us to go in at all. But some of the "sky is falling" crap on here is hysterical. Dal knows a hell of a lot more than many of us do and watches these kids a hell of a lot more than many of us do. Give them a chance FFS.

C'mon Menadue and Blakely! And Duggan interstate.
A pity that we didn't grab Blakely. Seems a likely player, possible Boyd replacement. I suppose we have Libba as our best extractor though. Good get for Freo.

Smith certainly slid a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to melt but I'm actually giggling. I'm absolutely floored by this effort. The talent that slid past us just amazes me. I'm a gambler by nature but Dalrymple just went all in with his pants around his ankles yelling "pair of twos, pair of twos!!!"...... Holding a pair of twos..... Trouble is it is club money.

End of melt
Dal has done an absolutely ripping job the past few years. Why can't you stop talking s*^$ for a while and actually wait til these kids actually play a game before you start ripping into them?

I want to melt but I'm actually giggling. I'm absolutely floored by this effort. The talent that slid past us just amazes me. I'm a gambler by nature but Dalrymple just went all in with his pants around his ankles yelling "pair of twos, pair of twos!!!"...... Holding a pair of twos..... Trouble is it is club money.

End of melt
I just spat my drink everywhere. This made me laugh so hard

Can I just say that there will be some posters annoyed/upset at Dalryple tonight..but always remember. We have pick 1 and pick 4 from last year in our team right now.

ALL clubs would be falling over themselves to have those two tonight.
Thanks for the heads up Kelv.

McLean aside, I was underwhelmed, but I'm thrilled to have Caleb Daniel. The kid is seriously talented.

These guys we're picked weeks/months ahead of Bevo getting there. He has had no input into this draft.

You honestly believe that?

So by that the fact we picked all these little blokes is Maccas fault? No even I'm going to go that far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back