Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the competitivness of India so far and all the upheaval to the Aussie team with injuries/bad form I reckon the Indians can still draw the series. MCG will be challenging but they'll definitely enjoy Sydney.
Yes, let's keep barracking for them. It's the Australian way.

Where to begin with this type of idiocy?

And if an Indian is vegetation for religious grounds? Your ignorant view is to tell them to stop being precious?

Wow. Absolutely moronic.
Indian as vegetation? that's a little rude. In your own moral idiocy, you've actually made yourself look stupid, a bit like India did when they tried sledging the Aussie's.

The Indians are quite within their rights to ask for a vegetarian dish so to not have at least one available is really quite poor

Should've gone asked siddle for a couple of bananas
The Indians are quite within their rights to ask for a vegetarian dish so to not have at least one available is really quite poor

Should've gone asked siddle for a couple of bananas
I agree and would be surprised one wouldn't be provided in the first place. Do you think maybe it was and just wasn't to their liking? After all they're kings in India. So they have to put up with the same shit we put up with for years for a few days, gee, sorry.

So you aren't allowed to bring outside food into the Gabba? That's ridiculous for spectators let alone actual players.

Ensures the food vendors at the Gabba do a tidy profit so not that ridiculous an idea from a business standpoint.

On the subject of touring and food, I read once that Matthew Elliot wasn't very popular with his teammates because he was so picky with his food that the rest of the players thought him a bit of a princess.

Geez, people need to toughen up in today's world. "Oh, boo hoo, I didn't get exactly what I asked for". Well, tough. Deal with it.

You've highighted the exact problem. Some of these young Indian cricketers are T20 gods, which means they might bowl 24 deliveries or face 30 balls a match. Then they're paid US$1.5 million for it. Then they're feted as heroes to a nation.

So they go overseas and don't find a horde of sycophantic hangers-on willing to tell them their shit don't stink. "Don't you know who I am?" doesn't hold water away from India.

Add that to the traditional Indian cricket mentality of 'when the going gets tough, we're outta here' and I look forward to many more whinges from the BCCI over the smallest inconveniences.

On the subject of touring and food, I read once that Matthew Elliot wasn't very popular with his teammates because he was so picky with his food that the rest of the players thought him a bit of a princess.
I have posted many times about "faces having to fit" and how some players who aren't the best tourists can from the outside be seen to be dealt harshly purely on form and stats. Effectively playing for Australia is a permanent tour job, so if you don't fit in or are hard work, you won't get the benefit of the doubt others will. It's a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have posted many times about "faces having to fit" and how some players who aren't the best tourists can from the outside be seen to be dealt harshly purely on form and stats. Effectively playing for Australia is a permanent tour job, so if you don't fit in or are hard work, you won't get the benefit of the doubt others will. It's a fact.
Human nature really.

I think the knee injury stuffed him physically & mentally (along with the tour of the Windies).

Probably shouldn't perpetuate a bigfooty rumour but have heard it mentioned Elliott was pressed by his wife regarding his and his teammates activities with enthusisatic female supporters on a West Indies tour and spilt the beans. Which she then subsequently passed on to the wives of those very influential teammates. Kind of an Embley/Chick/Cousins type situation.

getting back to the Dhawan injury, are India implying that if he had batted and was dismissed on the first ball of the day that Kohli would not have been prepared to bat? gimme a break!
there would have been another 5 minutes prep time that he would have got in the dressing rooms. and If dhawan lasted and over, thats another 5 minutes. It certainly would have affected Kohli's preparation, and they should have made the call much earlier than what they did.

apparently they wear, in order to simulate conditions of the match. India wanted to practice on the other pitches, but those were not ready and were scheduled to be used for the BBL game for Brisbane Heat
They wanted to practice on the fresh wicket? Not surprised they got rolled on the day four pitch now. International opening bat gets beaten by the bounce and it's not his fault.. Did they give the bowler any credit for the ball?

So many questions haha

They wanted to practice on the fresh wicket? Not surprised they got rolled on the day four pitch now. International opening bat gets beaten by the bounce and it's not his fault.. Did they give the bowler any credit for the ball?

So many questions haha
There's a fine line here, batsman don't always want to bat on wearing pitches, one has obviously taken off and therein lies the problem.

people that are picky about food usually go about it in an annoying manner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back