Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

"Carlos is not gonna allow him to challenge this" - Courier before the umpire even told Nick. He obviously acknowledges that the challenge wasn't made in a timely manner.
That was an observation, not his opinion. Clearly stated afterward he felt that was a mistake from the chair.

Didn't cost him the match though, so it's a moot point.

lol nick not giving a shit about Niall good on him

thought the same thing who cares about one direction at a tennis match!
Do you reckon this was a "setup" looked fake to just happen to walk past at that time.
Love how Nick just walked past like normal.

That was an observation, not his opinion. Clearly stated afterward he felt that was a mistake from the chair.

Didn't cost him the match though, so it's a moot point.
It is indeed a moot point. But I would say his observation was based off the amount of time between the shot landing and Nick challenging. Courier wouldn't have said anything if the call for a challenge was made right away. It would have been a completely different response, like "What's happening here? Nick's not allowed to challenge?" or something along the lines of that. :thumbsu:

Well done to Kyrgios for the great week and a bit.
Happy to see Murray through to another semi.
Should be a cracker against Berdych.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I hear right earlier today? A brand expert said Nick's set to make about 50 million a year?

The U.S. open women's final has outrated the men's final a number of times in the last 15 years, basically every time serena has played in it.

That's bloody impressive.

***the ratings in america***

Usually due to football

Match went about as I expected, quality was tad higher than expected, Andy played very well. It's going to be a horrible matchup for Nick and you could tell he was buggered. Been a great tournament for him and now onward and upwards internationally.

Usually due to football

Match went about as I expected, quality was tad higher than expected, Andy played very well. It's going to be a horrible matchup for Nick and you could tell he was buggered. Been a great tournament for him and now onward and upwards internationally.

Yep really needs to turn that number 35 ranking into a seed in the 20's by Wimbledon, would have no points to defend so there is the opportunity.

Yep really needs to turn that number 35 ranking into a seed in the 20's by Wimbledon, would have no points to defend so there is the opportunity.

Yeah I would agree with that, we'll get some bad and frustrating matches from Nick along that 6 month period but that should be easily achievable.

Not a great fan of Murray would rather anyone win it bar him, but his defensive skills are pretty special.

i would have liked to see a matchup ( both fit ) of Nadal and Federer.

IMO Federer is the greatest of all time

Murray too good. Too much variety in his game for Nick... I think there would be a few guys who have taken note of what Murray did though. The slice is very effective against Nick at the moment, happened at the US Open last year where Robredo had a slicefest and got the win against him too. His backhand is a bit one dimensional- too flat and can't generate much top spin. He'll exclusively go crosscourt if it's slice low to him on that side. He was getting jerked around alot by Murray which didn't allow him to have big cuts at the ball. Needs to get stronger and fitter so he can get to more balls- his defensive game is pretty poor at the moment IMO. You'd say Kyrgios has the bigger serve but Murray got just as many cheap/free points on his serve due to Nick's lack of return game/Murray being such a good returner. Great tournament for him, the Murray match shows he's got a long way to go to the top still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back