What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. I live in Sydney. Never hear him.

I'l take your word on KB then. I'm sure Robbo was being serious, but we all know he is a massive peanut, so no surprises there!

I think they were just stating the obvious, pretending to be on to something new.

KB often does that - very dry humour.

Some of our supporters really can't be pleased it seems.

You may not be aware, but there are plenty of the unwashed public who won't get to know any of our players unless the media actually mentions their names.

For once the first time in months we actually have some good press and all I can see here is negativity.

Trust me, the great unwashed public aren't listening to KB on SEN. Almost everyone listening to SEN would know who the Bont is.

However I do know what you mean, the way Ch 7 dumbs down the coverage for Mr & Mrs Theatregoer, the way the Herald Sun can sway a report on our match on Saturday night to be more about the Pies than our exciting performance, the way a true Pies "supporter" at work would ask me on Monday morning if the Pies had won. There are millions out there who just don't follow the game like we do. For us followers of the game KB could have said "keep an eye on a kid called Caleb Daniel, this little kid can play".

I just listened to the podcast of the 3AW interview of Luke Beveridge from yesterday. http://www.3aw.com.au/news/sports-today-podcasts-20141222-12cah1.html

Gerald Healey (that's his name isn't it?) and Derwayne Russell joined by Lloydy. Three rocket surgeons!

Healey was talking us up but Russell continued his usual Fox Footy form by bagging our club at every opportunity. I can't wait to see us make that smug prick eat his words.

After suffering through a long head spinning, post-season of doom and gloom at the hands of the self appointed media 'experts' poor old Scragger is somewhat perplexed as to where he will end up on the ladder now that the opinion wind has yet again changed, this time in the ultra rare positive direction. Fortunately for Scragger he isn't going to wait for these blowhards to inevitably change the direction of their opinions when we hit the first sign of trouble as he goes about the hard work of resurrecting his great club to its rightful position at the head of the ladder. Scragger only knows two directions West and UP! UP! UP!

Scragger says "the media! **** 'em!"

bhf005.jpg

Last edited:
I just listened to the podcast of the 3AW interview of Luke Beveridge from yesterday. http://www.3aw.com.au/news/sports-today-podcasts-20141222-12cah1.html

Gerald Healey (that's his name isn't it?) and Derwayne Russell joined by Lloydy. Three rocket surgeons!

Healey was talking us up but Russell continued his usual Fox Footy form by bagging our club at every opportunity. I can't wait to see us make that smug prick eat his words.
Why is he such a Bulldogs hater?

I take it that by not mentioning "Lloydy" he contributed his usual wit and football insight to the conversation, i.e. **** all!

Why is he such a Bulldogs hater?

He is just plain dumb. He says what he thinks people want to hear and changes his mind according to the outcome he expects from his listeners.

Reminds me of the try hard that hangs around the cool kids and tries to impress them but always ends up looking like a total dick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow they must be smart :p

Boys there are too many people here who comment too much how we are perceived by others. Who cares?

I care. I care so much. Do you think less of me for caring like that? I really want to know.

Sorry... ;)

Boys there are too many people here who comment too much how we are perceived by others. Who cares?
I don't care personally about how the Bulldogs are perceived but I do think from the perspective of growing a brand it is important how the community perceives us which the media has a strong role in.

As much as it pains me to admit it - Derwayne's opinions influence some who watch Fox Footy in particular. When Healy can't get our star player's names right during the call and Russell talks us down, it has a subliminal influence on some others.

What relatively neutral kid is going to consider supporting the Bulldogs if every time he sees us on Foxtel the primary caller shitcans our club? What about those kids who are inclined towards the Bulldogs who hear them talked down constantly and Hawthorn, Geelong and the big clubs get a free ride and are never subjected to the scorn Russell pours on our club?

I care about the opinion Russell voices because it influences the perceptions of others and not in a good way for our club.

Apparently Derwayne purchased a bulldogs membership recently. Apparently this gives him grounds to bag us at every opportunity but expect us to like him. Probably my most hated commentator...such a smarmy self opinionated prick.

Derwayne is exactly like those kids at primary school who would s***can you behind your back and then when you confronted them they would back down and say it was all a misunderstanding.

He'll have a crack at us and then when he speaks to somebody from the club he'll suck up their a***.

Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back