Things you don't see often

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob+a+Job+2.jpg
There's definitely potential to resurrect this in connection with the un-picked-up dog poo referenced above.

Now, I'm not actively looking for it but I would have thought being in an apartment complex with a couple of high-rises that you'd see naked people occasionally. Only happened once or twice in my 5 years here.
giphy.gif

Sorry,watched The Contest ep last night on Foxtel where Kramer sees the woman naked in the apartment across the street :D

Phoneboxes.

I don't know how many there still are in existence relative to when I was a kid, but I never notice them.

When I was in primary school/early high school (mid 90s) if I was going out and wanted a lift from the station etc. I'd find a phonebox and put 40c into it. I got my first mobile around 2000 or 2001 and I haven't used a phonebox since. I remember walking past one in East Perth late last year and and being surprised to actually notice it.

Phoneboxes.

I don't know how many there still are in existence relative to when I was a kid, but I never notice them.

When I was in primary school/early high school (mid 90s) if I was going out and wanted a lift from the station etc. I'd find a phonebox and put 40c into it. I got my first mobile around 2000 or 2001 and I haven't used a phonebox since. I remember walking past one in East Perth late last year and and being surprised to actually notice it.
There's a phone box just down the road from my joint. I only ever see one guy using it, and he does so most days. He's also always barefoot regardless of the weather, and clearly not all there.

Anyway- marbles. As a kid I loved playing with them. Don't see many little tackers playing with them now.

Video games or PC crowd gone crazy about choking hazards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phoneboxes.

Breaking Bad had phone boxes featured in it a lot.Vince Gilligan said it was a gag so that when kids watch it in 15-20 years time they'll be asking their parents what they were.

In shopping centres you use to see like 4 or 5 pay phones side by side in one section and then another 4 or 5 further around in a different section.Now you're lucky to find 1 pay phone in a shopping centre.

Kids outside in general... What happened to neighbourhood waterfights and groups of kids on bikes?

Teenagers seem to be loitering less too.

Good point.After school me and my brother use to go up the street and have a kick of the footy or a hit of cricket most nights with friends,now it's just dead in my street and there are children in it.

Good point.After school me and my brother use to go up the street and have a kick of the footy or a hit of cricket most nights with friends,now it's just dead in my street and there are children in it.
Murderers, paedophiles and security in general. It may seem a bit out there, but the attitudes of most parents changed due to the figures of the 70s and 80s

Ads on my computer. Ad-block :hearts:. Those pesky buggers that slip through my two ad blockers, that's a real world problem right there

Saw a bloke letting his dog shit on our lawn, went outside and said to him was he going to pick it up, and he was like oh nah I don't have a bag, and I said to him, maybe you should bring one next time and I walked off inside.
Should've come back outside with a plastic bag for him
radiojake would've taken a shit on his lawn later that evening

Should've come back outside with a plastic bag for him
radiojake would've taken a shit on his lawn later that evening
No he would have found out who he bought the dog from, collected all the shit he sees on the way to the location and then dump it there like it's his fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back